Water shoes needed for St. Maarten/St. John?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Momof2inCT, May 11, 2014.

1. Momof2inCT

Momof2inCT Mouseketeer

Do we need water shoes for the kids/ourselves for St. Maarten/St. John?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. outtabux

outtabux Earning My Ears

We didn't use them in St Maarten but wish we would have taken them tot Castaway Cay. Lots of shell pieces on CC.

4. Donald & Daisy Duck

Donald & Daisy Duck <font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!

I would bring them for CC! Lots of shells on the family and adults only beach.

5. tefrench

tefrench DIS Addict

Be aware that you might not be allowed to wear them. We did the Champagne Cat on St. Thomas/St. John and did the Rhino Riders on St. Maarten, and were not allowed to wear them on the excursion. No shoes allowed!

However, we did use them on Castaway Cay, and I did appreciate them there.

6. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I didn't feel I needed water shoes for St. Maarten but definitely you need them for Castaway Cay. I typically bring several shoes when I cruise (sandal, tennis and dress) and I am going to try something different for my upcoming WBTA cruise in September. I just found some awesome water shoes that will allow me to pack two shoes instead of three. The water shoes are my Teva Churn and they are awesome. They are comfortable with or without socks (recommend a thin liner sock if you prefer socks), quick drying, and easy to run/exercise in just by cinching up the pull cord bungee laces. Check them out.

7. rdaky

rdaky Earning My Ears

Yep, I agree with everyone else. We didn't need them in St Martin (Orient Bay) but goodness, we definitely needed them in Castaway. The beach there is full of small shells.