water shoes at atlantis

We went to Atlantis in October 2008 and used flip flops. We mainly left them by the main pool. We walked around barefoot. No problems with heat!

We were there a few years ago in early May and the concrete did get very hot. We're going back in late June/early July and will definitely be taking swim shoes this time around.

April 15 we didn't need them by the pool, but needed them walking over the beach area. I guess it would depend on time of the year you were going.

We were there in July and the walkways were SCORCHING hot. I'd say it depends on when you're going. Most of their paths are constructed with very pretty stones and they get WAY hotter than concrete. Very few of the paths were concrete. As hot as concrete gets in the sun we were HAPPY to find one that was concrete because it was that much cooler! The day we were there it was literally 95 degrees out and the paths must've been 150 degrees. We did not have water shoes and we found ourselves hopping from 1 shady spot to another to get around and we walked thru the pools when possible to avoid walking on the pathways. I wish we'd brought water shoes and would if we ever went back in the summer. By the end of the day my feet were literally pink on the bottom from the hot paths!! :eek: If we were going in March it might not be as bad.

Surface of the sun hot! Though it does depend on when you are there. The concrete is dark so it absorbs a lot of heat! A lot! We would wear flip flops to the water rides then drop them off where we the slide ended then RUN to get in line! This was true in the summer for sure and I remember it being very hot in March as well when we went.

We were there the 2nd week in July last year and we did not need swim shoes. We left our shoes at our chair and did not put them on again until we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter