Water Problems

40plus

Earning My Ears
Dw just told me she heard the other day on the news about the drinking water making people sick in the Orlando including disney area down to Miami. Any of you Fla types able to shead any light on this or is it just some overheard mis information. Thanks, just wondering we buy bottled @ Walmart when we arrive anyway

:confused: :confused:

What was reported here was that there is an E-Coli Problem along the Atlantic Coast from Daytona down to Miami. They have yellow flags at all the beaches and warning people to swim at their own risk!

It's our March Break up here and alot of Canucks go to FLA for their breaks!

Scratch
:smooth:

One of the news channel tickers mentioned 5 Florida lakes having a bacteria problem but it wasn't very specific.

Orlando & Miami drinking water comes from totally different sources...I'll bet Scratch's description of the swimming water contamination is what was reported...

Go to WDW but don't drink the water... :)

In December we went to WDW, the water and even fountain drinks smelled and tastes very sulfarey. And it gave me unpleasent after effects. I ended up only drinking bottled water and other bottles beverages.

Nothing is wrong with the Disney water. I live about 20 miles from the park and I'm there often. The only thing that is wrong with it is that they produce their own water from a well and that is the reason for the sulfurry smell. They water is treated and inspected by the health department just like any other water treatment plant. They can't afford to have multiple law suits due to tainted water.

Originally posted by Higgs22
Has anyone gotten sick at WDW?
I got a "nice" case of diahreah (sp) in December. If I ever make it back to WDW, I will stay away from fountain drink and other beverages made with "tap" water (coffee, tea, etc) and stick to bottled beverages.

:D Just returned from a week at WDW Feb.25-Mar.3. No water problems,just an unbeleivably crowded MK. DW is very sensitive {stomach -wise} about tap water, but she drank it at the resort, maybe every third glass or so, {the rest of the time, bottled} and she was fine. We have found that Florida water takes a little getting used to. When we moved down here 6 years ago, we both had problems with the water. After a while, it kind of grows on you.., like fungus!:cool:

I live in "Disney's Town" Celebration, we're only about 8 miles from WDW. I moved here in October from New Jersey. Obviously the water is different but I haven't gotten ill from it. There was a story on the local news yesterday about bacteria at the beaches, not the drinking water (sure hope no one is drinking beach water!) You may want to drink bottled water, but you don't have to.

:D Lucky you! We almost moved to celebration from NJ when they first started building,and were choosing people by a lottery. We didn't make the first draft and moved 83 miles north of orlando instead.:(

The tap water at WDW isn't that different from municipal drinking water in the rest of the Orlando Area. I drink tap water at home and at work all the time, and I have yet to get sick from it. The flavor is not pleasant if you're not used to it, but I've been drinking "Florida Water" for nearly 8 years now...
As a side note, I remember hearing from Dr. Dean Edell (sp) that bottled water has a much higher bacteria count than municipal tap water. Tap Water across the US is held to fairly stringent safety standards, so you fearing my local water here in Central FL is like me fearing your local drinking water in... oh, I don't know... Oregon.. yes, let's say your're from Oregon. (the water isn't bad there, is it?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter