Water parks with kids???

mrsincredible3

Mouseketeer
Planning to return to WDW in October and ds8 would like to try a water park. Is October warm enough for the water parks? We will also have ds3 (almost 4) with us. Which park would be better for two boys ages 8 and 3. The 8 year old swims okay and is fearless. The 3 year old I imagine will still be in floaties/life vest of some sort, but he generally enjoys the pool. Which park would be better - Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon? The zipline and iceberg areas at Blizzard beach look fun for ds8, but they are both ocean animal fanatics and the shark reef at typhoon lagoon caught their attention. Which park is better for ds3? Is each park a half day park or do I need a full day to experience each park?

And lastly, is their transportation from the main theme parks directly to/from the water parks (I.e. Can I spend the morning in Epcot and go directly from there to a water park or do I need to return to my hotel first)? We are staying at Beach Club which has a great pool area so trying to decide if the water parks are worth it and if so which one. Any advice welcome and appreciated. We have four full days (plus some time on arrival and departure days) so not sure if I'm trying to cram in too much by adding the waterproof to our itinerary.

If it were me and I were paying to stay at Beach Club, especially for a shorter trip, I would just use that pool area and enjoy. Save the water parks for when they are a little older and can really do the slides.

^^^Agree. Both water parks are a lot of fun and have great kids areas, but with Stormalong Bay and a rather short trip, I'd save them for another vacation. October is usually still very warm/hot weather. About the shark reef...it is very neat but the water temperature is cold, like 65 degrees. You literally swim across the pool and get out. You can watch others swim as well and look into the pool through a viewing area but that's about it.

If I had to pick one water park with small kids it would be BB. The wave pool at TL tends to be a bit much for small kids. Mine always hated it until they were old enough to stay in deeper water, where they could avoid getting knocked down and scraped up on the rough bottom of the pool. The one at BB isn't as rough. The family raft ride at BB is longer, and has the added plus of not having to drag the raft up those blasted stairs like you do at TL. The kids area at BB is much better also. Ski Patrol is great for kids from about 4-12ish. You can get in the water with them for most of the rides/slides. If it's to much for your little guy, Tyke's Peak is right across from Ski Patrol. My kids found the kids area at TL boring once they were past the toddler stage. The shark reef at TL has cold water, which turns off a lot of kids. You have to keep swimming, can't stop while crossing the pool, which can also be a problem with small kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter