Water on the ship?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by GRANDMOMMY17, Sep 29, 2012.

1. GRANDMOMMY17

GRANDMOMMY17 Earning My Ears

Asking about the water onboard, is it good to drink as far as taste goes. I only drink bottled drinking water, I do not care for spring water. I am only asking to see if I need to bring a case with me.
    Thank you for your help

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ravensilverlight

ravensilverlight I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I generally can't stand tap water - I have to have "my" water from the filtered pitcher at home or bottled. Yet I don't mind the water onboard DCL at all. As with anything else, though, YMMV! They make those little individual filtering water bottles now, and I bring one with me on vacations...just in case I don't like the water! :thumbsup2

By the way...good to know I'm not the only one who was worried about the taste of the water on board. DH thought I was nuts.

4. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

The water on the ship is fine. Don't get your statement that you like bottled water but not spring water. What do you think that most bottled water is? It is city tap water run through some extra filters.

5. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

The water on the ship is as filtered as any bottled water. You can also buy a case of bottled water on the ship, but the price is a rip-off. Or you can haul your own in your carry-on luggage, but not your checked luggage (too much of a risk of other luggage crushing it and leaking it all over someone's else's belongings.)

6. HoustonMom1

HoustonMom1 Earning My Ears

I was going to post the same question. We generally drink water from the typical fridge filter, I am not super picky. But wanted to make sure the water was in normal taste range, since our family mostly just drinks water.

7. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

We each bought 1 bottle at the grocery store with a good spout, then just kept refilling it with ship water. It tasted fine!

8. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

I LOVE the water on the ship, my home gets our water from a well, so that's what I'm used to and anywhere else in OKC that I go, they have chlorinated lake water that I can't stand. My main point is that I am picky with water and the ships water is very good. It's very pure too. Gotta love reverse osmosis!

9. GRANDMOMMY17

GRANDMOMMY17 Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it. It is also nice to know that their are other out their with a discerning palate for water:)
    Millaufr spring water and drinking water (reverse osmosis) have different tastes. I can always tell if someone has given me a bottle of Arrowhead. To me it tastes like there is dirt in it. To others that it their water of choice.
    Ravensilverlight, that is a great idea about the individual filtering bottles, just to have for trips to the park here at home. thanks.
    So now that I don't have to bring water, more wine for me:) I am just as picky about my wine as my water, but if I had to do without one, it would be the wine. I can never get enough water:)

10. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

We have very nice well water and are picky also. I usually drink bottled on vacation because of he taste in diff areas. DCL water have a very nice taste. Never been an issue drinking it ;)

11. zacaronius

zacaronius Earning My Ears

Water onboard is excellent quality, actually better than many bottled water brands. Water onboard is desalinated via evaportators or reverse osmosis. Evaporators are where the sea water is heated in a heat exchanger from the exhaust gases, then placed under a vacuum which causes the water to boil, the steam is collected and recondenses down into pure water. The condensed water is hot, so it can be used as hot water, while excess is stored in tanks below deck where it cools to the surrounding temperature (sea water). While in some ports they do bring onboard shore water since the engines arent running as much, so its harder to run the evaporators. The water is checked many times a day by hand, and Im sure it has automated instruments that continously monitor it.

12. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

Yes skip the water. Bring wine instead. I love Pinot Noir and they only had one from Oregon on my recent Wonder cruise. Good thing I brought enough for the week.

13. kristinfly2

kristinfly2 Mouseketeer

Love this idea!!! ;)

14. rav4lcrv

rav4lcrv Mouseketeer

We really like the Zepherhills water they sell in WDW, WDW taste like pond scum.