1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Water Delivery FAQ

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jill062604, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ksantilli

ksantilli Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the info. We weren't really upset, just disappointed. I mean really, even with the $10 charge, we saved a ton on water!
    Good to know about those resorts. Thanks for taking the time to post and clear things up! I love this site!:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. tink713

tink713 Disneyholic Since 2007

That's weird. DH and I just had water shipped to us at CR and we weren't charged an extra $10 fee. Our water was waiting at bell services for us.

4. DisneyWeather!

DisneyWeather! Earning My Ears

No complaints using gardengrocer. Will definitly use them again unless I see a better suggestion before we go again. I thought the delivery charge was $12 last summer. No much higher. And like previously posted, great if you are getting any other food. Enjoy your trip.

5. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

For full details on shipping to resorts and what resorts charge a delivery fee.. see the SHIPPING TO YOUR RESORT INFO thread.. located here..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

6. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

we have used staples without issue many times. I actually add in INK for my computer (its VERY safe and shipped in pkg and small ) and then by doing that never had to pay a shipping charge ;) a tip I learned here on Dis. I mean I buy my ink there anyway, so it works for me.
    Last year we had snacks delivered from garden grocer and alcohol as well ;) and they messed up but did correct it (though I was inconvenienced a bit :upsidedow
    Not sure if I'd use them again actually....

7. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

Ok I see Office Snax H20 to Go water at Costco so this is what everyone usually orders? This will sound stupid but how does it taste? Normal water taste, no aftertase or funk to it?

I am just leary b/c a few years ago we ordered some water (I can't remember the brand but i want to say it was Nesle before the new bottles came out) and it was NASTY. Weirdest tasting bottled water I've ever had.

8. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

Costco used to deliver Zepherhills (a Nestle/Poland Spring brand, I believe) for only $7.00 per case (shipping included).

They no longer do this. The new water they carry is more expensive.

9. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

Thanks, I thought that it seemed more than what I had seen on here. I'll start looking at Staples and other places today. Thanks for the heads up.

10. Kevenswife2

Kevenswife2 <font color=blue>Much easier for me to say, "NO!"<

I just ordered from Costco. Water $6.99, Non-member surcharge $ .35, Tax $ .48. Total delivered to POP $7.82. Much better than $2.50 a bottle!

I checked Staples and they wanted to charge a $7 shipping fee!

11. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

Costco is back to carrying the Nestle/Poland Spring brand....great deal!

12. littlele

littlele Mouseketeer

Just got back and had Costco deliver. They did deliver the Nestle/Zepherhills and it is definitely nasty. Thank goodness I brought some drink mixes for the DD to add or she would never have gotten enough water in that heat.

13. OKWAnneMarie

OKWAnneMarie DIS Veteran

That's funny...I don't think there's any think wrong with the Nestle/Zepherhills, but everyone has different taste. We ordered 4 cases of it in June and none of us gave the taste a second thought (there were 6 of us). We are all BIG water drinkers.

14. littlele

littlele Mouseketeer

You're right, we all have different taste. I just assumed that it must be a regional thing. So to this west coaster it didn't taste anything like home or the stuff we would buy in the store here, but thank goodness for the cheap water anyway!

15. disnewbie108

disnewbie108 Mouseketeer

Funny...I thought the same thing about wegoshop....I was not sure what I was doing wrong...

Anyway-
    I went with gardengrocer.com. Nice folks, good communication. Will know in a few weeks how good the service is. We are driving down in a PACKED car. People, luggage, stroller, baby stuff....So, to save room I am having diapers, water, and a few other things delivered by GG. May have cost a bit more, but it is more about saving time/room in the car than saving money for us. DISers are smart folks, they seem to like GG...Good enuf for me :yay:

:flower3:

16. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Was thinking about having a case of water shipped even though we're only staying for 4 nights -- we're HUGE on drinking lots of water.

How far in advance do you guys have things sent to your resorts?

17. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

I haven't tried wegoshop because I didn't like the idea of not knowing how much my bill would be until delivery. I do like gardengrocer. We order 3 different types of milk (due to allergies we need rice, soy and lactaid) and some fruit so that brings us very easy close to the $40 minimum. I just add in a few snacks and we're at the minimum. We fly SWA meaning no worries about number of suitcases so I do pack some dry foods and bowls w/spoons for cereal in my suitcase (I like that this leaves space for souvenirs for our trip home)

18. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Bumping for curiosity's sake: how many days in advance of your arrival do you order your water? Thanks for any replies. :)

19. SnowWhite1

SnowWhite1 Earning My Ears

Maybe a silly question, but...is the Florida tap water disgusting? I was wondering about just bringing water bottles with to be filled up as opposed to ordering. I drink tap water at home all the time, but this is Minnesota. :confused3

Otherwise, I too am wondering how much in advance to order anything.

Thanks!

20. FanofDis

FanofDis Mouseketeer

How far advance to you order the water if you are ordering from Costco?
    We will be at the Poly 08/10/10 thru 08/18/10.

Thanks!!

21. Taja

Taja DIS Veteran

Many people have reported that the water in MK in particular has a peculiar odor and taste. In parts of MK, anyway! I know the fountain outside CP (near the restrooms) is refrigerated and tastes good! *LOL*

Everyone has different expectations regarding the taste of water. My cousin and her DH live on a farm in the midwest and they are proud of the taste of the well water. Ahhhhhhh...let's just say I don't quite agree! *LOL*