Watching World Series on board?.. Go Rockies!

Actually, I'm with you on this.
All of the sportscasters have been saying all day that this is a great pairing, because Boston has such a huge following and Colorado is kind of the 'underdog' - they're already saying it's a David v. Goliath kind of thing - and I suspect it will do just fine.

:rolleyes:

Well, Fox may be surprised, but Fox has already put in place plans to reimburse advertisers for "lower than expected" ratings for the series.

Perhaps on National TV it isn't a big draw, but there were 8.5 millions hits on the Rockies site for tix this morning, so it crashed the site. :scared1:

Also the Rockies have a pretty amazing winning streak - maybe that will drum up some interest. I agree too that the Red Sox have quite a national following. But I am sure TV guy is right - if he has earned his user id :happytv:

As someone mentioned previously, it will probably be shown on the Jumbotron on Deck 9 but expect the video to be from a Spanish station with American sound. The American sound it not interpreted from the Spanish, just the American sound to the game being broadcast in the US. Let me try to explain that again: The stats, titles and broadcasters are all in spanish but the american sound does not sync with the video. After a few drinks, it gets rather funky because your eyes and ears can't comprehend what is going on. I had to leave deck 9.

If you get seasick, this is a bad combo.

Perhaps on National TV it isn't a big draw, but there were 8.5 millions hits on the Rockies site for tix this morning, so it crashed the site. :scared1:

Also the Rockies have a pretty amazing winning streak - maybe that will drum up some interest. I agree too that the Red Sox have quite a national following. But I am sure TV guy is right - if he has earned his user id :happytv:

Another World Series that was predicted to be a loser was 1989, which was huge here, A's and Giants. It took an earthquake to get anyone outside Northern California or the Bay Area to watch it!! Without the quake, it would have shattered ratings records for San Francisco and Sacramento, Salinas and Chico television stations, and been a bomb nationally.

Yeah, the only time the Orioles sell the stadium out anymore is when the Red Sox or Ya***es (sorry, DH won't let me say their name) are playing there...

You can do it. Say Y-A-N-K-E-E-S! After the SOX loss to the ROX DH won't let you say R***ies. ;)

Newbie here! We're going on our first disney cruise June 2008 (Wonder, 4 day double dip)

For what it's worth the ratings for the ALCS were good. Game 7 : 11.7 The series itself averaged 7.4

Fox Sports president said there were few national teams in any league, and it "naturally improves the ratings"

Red Sox, Yankees, and a few other teams have the name recognition to bring in the ratings. I'd bet the dream lineup for Fox would have been Red Sox/Mets, a rematch of 1986 proportions, but no such luck.

Thanks DIS, this is a great site, I've learned so much on what to expect for our first cruise.

You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!

Have you seen how any Sox fans are in the stadiums when they play on the road?

GO SOX!!!!!!

And the numbers are in. I was off a bit, it was the second worst rated World Series.

Interesting that the Rockies website took 8 million hits when only 17 million watched the series.

Now Fox has to settle up with sponsors who paid for their ads to be seen by a largesr audience that the series drew.

--------------------------------
World Series nets second-lowest ratings

09:23 PM CDT on Monday, October 29, 2007
By BARRY HORN / The Dallas Morning News

The Red Sox sweep of the Rockies earned Fox's World Series coverage the second-lowest rating ever. The four games averaged a 10.6 rating across the country, better only than last year's 10.1 for the Cardinals defeat of the Tigers in five games. Each Red Sox-Rockies game averaged 17.1 million viewers, up from 15.8 million last year.

Before the Series, Fox Sports president Ed Goren reminded that the longer a series goes, the better the ratings should be. Sweeps are the bane of network sports broadcasting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter