watching dreams

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Isila, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Isila

Isila There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Coming closer to New Years Eve my kinds reminded me of their fear - fireworks. Well not exactly fireworks, but the sound, big bands, shooting, bombs - like my little one thinks about it.
    I don't want to miss Dreams. No way. But I have some questions:

Are Dreams very very loud? Lots of fireworks? Big bangs?
    Could you recommend a nice spot where we could see dreams, but not so loud?

I doubt there's an indoor spot for that...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. HFJohnson

HFJohnson DIS Veteran

There are quite a few fireworks but they're not loud, at least not in the way regular fireworks are. They're all done in time to the music so there are no unexpected bangs or anything. I know some people don't want to spoil the surprise but you or your children might find it helpful to watch some or all of Dreams on youtube just to get an idea of what to expect.

4. IsobelJackmummy

IsobelJackmummy Mouseketeer

Hi my DS has the same dislike of fireworks bevause of the noise. We got him some ear defenders (like headphones) and now he loves watching them!

5. Isila

Thanks. Watching on YouTube is not the same as watching live. Will try. Any spot recommendations?

6. Happy Tappy

Happy Tappy Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!

Speaking of Dreams, I've just watched the new WDW show 'Celebrate the Magic' on Youtube.

I was a bit disappointed with it considering how good Dreams is. It lacks any sense of story and feels like a load of random scenes. It's also missing the fireworks (I know there's a couple at the end) and the fountains of Dreams.

It's nice to see us getting the better show for a change!

7. zavandor

zavandor DIS Veteran

I have not seen Celebrate the Magic , but I saw live The Magic, the memories and you.
    While I agree with you if you consider this show alone, in the Magic kingdom there is a sequence of Electrical parade, projection and then Whishes. It's a stunning 1-2-3.

8. Isila

Well, I did watch Dreams on youtube. glad I did. We are definetly going to watch Dreams live on our trip and kids should not be scared, doesn't seem so load, no big bangs etc.

Just to find a perfect spot.

9. Hannikins

Hannikins Mouseketeer

they use low, 'silent' fireworks to keep the neighbours happy. I've set louder bangers off in my back garden so I'm sure you'll be fine. Just stand a little further back. We got a great view just left and behind of the gardeners shed

10. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

Dreams has been designed that its good wherever you stand to watch it. We have watched it by Plaza Gardens & standing on Main Street by Caseys & it was good both places