Watching Bedknobs & Broomsticks--Looks Good!

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by Micca, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

I'm a bit of a videophile and I'm watching the 30th Anniversary edition of B&B and it looks pretty darned good. Any fans of this movie here? :earsboy:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sorsha

Sorsha <font color=royalblue>People, don't be like the ch

Yup, its one of my favorites.
    I love all the older Disney live or mixed live/animated ones. Mary Poppins, Bedknobs, Pete's Dragon, all the old Hayley Mills, etc. :happytv:

My favorite scene is the extended Portobello Road scene, with all the different kinds of dancers.

4. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"

I love Bedknobs & Broomsticks! It has some great and really underappreciated songs.

5. alisonwonderland64

alisonwonderland64 Mouseketeer

I love that movie! I used to watch it all the time when I was growing up--I still remember visiting London for the first time when I was little and having to visit Portobello Road and sing the song there :). I wish it was more well-known, it really is a great film.

6. bdoyledimou

bdoyledimou Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in

Is this a NEW release? is it remastered? I only have an old old old VHS copy and it's getting kind of haggard (like a song that was once 3:15 is now 4:12 and they all talk sloowww..

7. delaford321

delaford321 Earning My Ears

Oh my goodness I love that movie! I hate that Disney only allows so long to purchase movies, now that I have money again I'll have to search them out.

8. Micca

\

This is the 30th anniversary edition so it's from 2001. This film went through different edits in the various re-releases but this one is (I believe) the most complete version released for home video. It's 139 minutes. I was struck by how good the movie looks considering the dvd was done nearly 10 years ago, and I'm watching on a 70inch hdtv which is not terribly forgiving to poorly mastered movies.

9. bdoyledimou

bdoyledimou Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in

I must find it!! think it myget a 40th anniversary BluRay treatment? (I have a front projector.. 136 inches! which is just as unforgiving!)

10. JaneBanks

JaneBanks Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling

Bedknobs and Broomsticks is one of my favorite Disney movies. I would watch it over and over again!

11. Micca

Good question! Disney does seem to love anniversary editions of their films.
    I am enjoying the blu-ray reissues from Disney, but I'm skeptical about how much improvement there'd be with B&B. As I mentioned, the DVD on this one is pretty darned good.:earsboy:

12. iheartpluto

iheartpluto Mouseketeer

Love love LOVE this movie!!! One of my absolute favorites! Grew up in a soccer-mad family 20 years ago when soccer wasn't as big in the USA as it is now, so I absolutely adored the scene where the animals played it!! :) One of the best!

13. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

I know I must have seen it as a kid but we just watched it again a few weeks ago. DH & DS thought it was pretty corny although I do think they enjoyed it. I loved the music!

14. illuminationsfanatic

illuminationsfanatic Mouseketeer

Love, love, love this movie!! It's one of my favorites and has one of the best soundtracks in my opinion! I love Dave Tomlinson and Angela Lansbury!

15. buskr

buskr Earning My Ears

i really love that movie and this:happytv: