Watch Out "WORLD" the Scrappers are coming - Thanksgiving 2013!

Okay, so Julia and I finally sat down and made some decisions this morning. We discussed the dining plan vs. no dining plan and which resort she would prefer. She wants AOA for the whole trip:cool1: and asked that I not include the dining plan at all as she doesn't like the restrictions:confused3. She would prefer to "wing it" when it comes to how she will order. Okay, so one sit down meal a day is all I can get her to agree to.

These are the restaurants she has agreed to, only Via Napoli has to be on a certain day as it was her request for her birthday.

Via Napoli, November 26 not sure if lunch or dinner
Raglan Road
Teppan Edo - as long as we can plan to eat with someone else, strangers terrify her!
Be Our Guest - dinner
Crystal Palace lunch or dinner
Rainforest Cafe
50's Prime Time
Rose and Crown for Candle Processional Package
Thanksgiving ?

Now just waiting for MVMCP dates and Jetblue to open November dates.

Yay, so happy you got things figured out! we aren't doing the dining plan either, just want to much food for us...I am getting the Tables in Wonderland card since I have the AP it will give me 20% off at a lot of the restaurants and I can have up to 9 people on my card, so if you eat with us you can get the discount too!

we will definately do Teppan Edo and think Jen wanted to also!

here is our list of restaurants we are thinking about

Beaches & Cream - lunch
Garden Tea Room at GF a nice afternoon break
Kona Cafe - breakfast
Chefs de France - candlelight procession dinner
Sci-Fi -lunch
we keep debating on 50's...might just go in for a shake and onion rings!
Be our Guest - lunch and dinner (my bday dinner choice)
maybe Crystal Palace - breakfast (have never done this one)
Tusker House - breakfast (or this one)
flame tree

and of course our thanksgiving meal/event....know Bruce has been pretty busy lately with work and was getting over being sick, hopefully he can find out some more info on other options for us soon!

Julia and I tend to split things as most places give way too much food! The sharing has also helped me to expand her food palette away from just pasta, but she still loves her Italian.

Lisa, we loved the Afternoon Tea! I keep trying to figure a way to get back, just so many places we haven't tried yet.

Julia and I tend to split things as most places give way too much food! The sharing has also helped me to expand her food palette away from just pasta, but she still loves her Italian.

Lisa, we loved the Afternoon Tea! I keep trying to figure a way to get back, just so many places we haven't tried yet.

its all the desserts that put us over our food intake limit :rotfl: we love pasta too!

we were thinking about doing it the day we tour the monorail resorts to look at the decorations...we did it on Megan's bday trip in 2011, was a nice afternoon break...let me know if you want to do it too? or anyone else who would like to join us!

hey all, totally forgot to post this a while back....Bruce is again looking at places for our thanksgiving lunch/event and would like everyone's emails....if you could send him or Shawna a PM or post it on the FB page that would be great!

hey all, totally forgot to post this a while back....Bruce is again looking at places for our thanksgiving lunch/event and would like everyone's emails....if you could send him or Shawna a PM or post it on the FB page that would be great!

I will send a PM now, FB is scary!

Just got an email that JetBlue is opening up travel dates through January 6 tomorrow at 9 AM. Hopefully I can find a decent price for flights.:)

Would another scrapper still be welcome? DH really wants me to go, I just need to figure out dates.

Would another scrapper still be welcome? DH really wants me to go, I just need to figure out dates.

of course you are welcome Cheryl, such a silly girl! let me know what you figure out!

Just got an email that JetBlue is opening up travel dates through January 6 tomorrow at 9 AM. Hopefully I can find a decent price for flights.:)

We got our tix that day! A bit more than I wanted to spend, but I really wanted to know I had them. We're going down the 21st at o'dark thirty, coming home the 29th late afternoon! I'm so excited!

Yay!!! Cheryl's coming!

We got our tix that day! A bit more than I wanted to spend, but I really wanted to know I had them. We're going down the 21st at o'dark thirty, coming home the 29th late afternoon! I'm so excited!

Yay!!! Cheryl's coming!

We are going down on the 21st, we should land about 6 PM, coming home on the 30th late. It was more than I wanted to spend too.

Yay!!! Cheryl's coming!

yay for getting tickets!
talked to Cheryl yesterday and she's still in the process of figuring out which dates to come down.

We are going down on the 21st, we should land about 6 PM, coming home on the 30th late. It was more than I wanted to spend too.

I'm still "watching" airfare....but have some exciting news....we are coming down earlier than planned :banana: Megan and I were talking last night about the trip and she asked why we were leaving on Tues and not earlier, she would only miss one more day of school if we left earlier...yah, duh, so I emailed our TA and there's availability :banana::banana::banana:

so our new dates are Sat 11/23 - Fri 12/7 :banana: that way she'll have the weekend after to rest up!
Cassey, she said that we could just get your keys to our room on the 26th, so no issues on the change for that.
excited to have the extra couple of days and spend more time with our DIS friends!!!

Does Julia know she'll be missing that much school? ;)

Not yet, I was thinking she could go for a half day on Thursday. Hopefully her teachers will be willing to give her some work before she leaves so she won't be too far behind.

Lisa, :cool1: for coming down earlier!

Not yet, I was thinking she could go for a half day on Thursday. Hopefully her teachers will be willing to give her some work before she leaves so she won't be too far behind.

Lisa, :cool1: for coming down earlier!

I always let Megan's teachers now about a month out she'll be missing school, then remind them about a week out, some give the work ahead of time, some don't...hope Julia's teacher will work with her being gone with homework ahead of time!

::yes:: it is :cool1: we are excited to spend more time with you all!

Julia is starting to ask questions about when we are leaving....I haven't told her yet because I really want to surprise her with MVMCP, but I don't know if I can hold out!

We know her academic classes will be the last half of the day so she will miss all of the Thurs, Fri, Mon and Tues. Hoping that there aren't many tests scheduled or that they will work with her so that she can take before or after.

Julia is starting to ask questions about when we are leaving....I haven't told her yet because I really want to surprise her with MVMCP, but I don't know if I can hold out!

We know her academic classes will be the last half of the day so she will miss all of the Thurs, Fri, Mon and Tues. Hoping that there aren't many tests scheduled or that they will work with her so that she can take before or after.

you can do it Cassey!! stay strong! hope they will work with her too! let them know what's going on after school starts so they are aware early she'll be gone :thumbsup2

Happy Friday all!

Shawna posted some info on our FB page about doing a private event at Epcot...please go check it out and let her know what you think!
she is waiting to get some more info but looks like it will be around $40 pp for a dessert party!

also if you have already sent Bruce a private message on FB with your email, please do so....will be easier to communicate with everyone through email since not everyone is here or on FB everyday!

Lisa, I logged into Facebook:rotfl: I think I posted in the right place, but just in case. I like the idea of the Illuminations party, cost is ok with me and we are flexible with day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter