Watch Out "WORLD" the Scrappers are coming - Thanksgiving 2013!

The meal we had at BOG was amazing! We ate in the West Wing- I had requested it when we checked in. I had the scallop and shrimp dish and it was fabulous- Larry had the pork chop and loved it too. He had a chocolate cream puff for dessert and it is one of the best things he has eaten at Disney. I had the lemon meringue cupcake and it too was amazing. Since we were celebrating my birthday I was given the grey stuff too and that was fabulous. The atmosphere in the West Wing was really neat- DH said it felt a bit like dining in the haunted mansion- in a good way. About every 30 minutes or so there is a really loud crack of thunder and the a rose petal drops off the rose in one corner of the room and the portrait of the prince turns into the beast. About once every 45 minutes there is great fanfaire and the beast walks through the castle and over to his study to greet guests as they finish. We had reservations at 4:15 and so we were about the first ones done so we had no line to wait in to take a picture with beast. It was also neat to see where the stations are for ordering counter service at lunch which is in this section. As you walk out (or in during lunch) you go through a hall with knights and can hear the characters talking as though they are spying on you and trying to find out why you are there and who you are.

Rebecca

The meal we had at BOG was amazing! We ate in the West Wing- I had requested it when we checked in. I had the scallop and shrimp dish and it was fabulous- Larry had the pork chop and loved it too. He had a chocolate cream puff for dessert and it is one of the best things he has eaten at Disney. I had the lemon meringue cupcake and it too was amazing. Since we were celebrating my birthday I was given the grey stuff too and that was fabulous. The atmosphere in the West Wing was really neat- DH said it felt a bit like dining in the haunted mansion- in a good way. About every 30 minutes or so there is a really loud crack of thunder and the a rose petal drops off the rose in one corner of the room and the portrait of the prince turns into the beast. About once every 45 minutes there is great fanfaire and the beast walks through the castle and over to his study to greet guests as they finish. We had reservations at 4:15 and so we were about the first ones done so we had no line to wait in to take a picture with beast. It was also neat to see where the stations are for ordering counter service at lunch which is in this section. As you walk out (or in during lunch) you go through a hall with knights and can hear the characters talking as though they are spying on you and trying to find out why you are there and who you are.

Rebecca

I want to eat dinner in the west wing too, think it would be COOL! okay so what is the grey stuff....so want to get the lemon cupcake too! fun you get to meet the Beast too! did you do the storybook time with Belle? my friends did it during the preview and said it was awesome! can't wait to experience this, Belle is Megan's fav princess so know this will be a huge hit!

Hey everyone! We got back from our trip Sunday night and are counting down the days until next year's!! We stayed at AOA-Lion King suite and LOVED it!! Fit our family of 5 perfectly...especially the 2 bathrooms. :thumbsup2 We had free dining, had to check in on Thursday so the boys missed 1 day of school (we have the whole Thanksgiving week off). I talked to the teachers beforehand and they let them take any tests/quizzes from Friday on Thrusday and we left after school Thursday. Even Brandon's high school teachers were ok with it, surprisingly. :) Hopefully they'll add the Mermaid rooms to FD for next year...otherwise I would suggest staying at Pop, because it's just a walk over a bridge to get there, and you would still be close to everyone at AOA.

Ok, here's my thoughts on meals:

BOG-Amazing!! A must do!! My favorite restaurant in all of Disney at the moment....and that's just the lunch, as I couldn't get a dinner reservation. We ate there twice, between DH, me, and Brandon we tried the turkey sandwich, steak sandwich, french onion soup, and roast pork. All were great. For desserts we had the chocolate cream puff, strawberry cupcake, & chocolate cupcake-all awesome!! We actually liked the desserts the best...it's worth it to just go and order dessert and enjoy the atmosphere if you don't want to spend a lot of $$ on food. The decorations were amazing!! We ate in the main dining room and the other dining room on the right (not sure what it's called)...we actually liked the second dining room the best because it's quiet and beautifully decorated. Just as large as the main dining room, but because it's off to the side most people don't see it so it's never crowded. The west wing dining room was awesome too, but small-if we have a large group I don't see us all fitting in there together...just my thoughts. I took tons of pics and I'm still editing. When I get finished I'll load a few on here so y'all can get a good look at all of the dining rooms.

One negative comment about BOG-the portions on the kids meals were tiny and there's not a lot of variety for picky eaters (like my Connor). He got the kid's pasta the first time and it was one small scoop-probably 1/2 cup of elbow pasta with marinara...Tyler got the mickey meatloaf and it was cute, but 2 tiny mickey shaped pieces of meatloaf. The second time we ate there I ordered an adult turkey sandwich meal for them to split and Connor just ate the french fries and a chocolate cupcake.

Teppan Edo
We've eaten there twice and loved it! They make it so much fun...definately a fun place to celebrate birthdays also. ;)

Akershus
Never tried it, but I'm up for anything. Since we have 3 boys we don't do a lot of the princess meals, but we have eaten at CRT twice-for me. ;) None of us like seafood though, so I'm thinking we would be more inclined towards breakfast the most if they offer it.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
We did this in 2007 and the kids had a great time...they had fun dancing and interacting with the characters. The food was good-standard hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, ribs, etc. All you can eat, beer & wine included. Brandon loved it because they had all you can eat popsicles for the kids...think he ate 5 lol. It woud be a fun place to celebrate birthdays also. Only downside-if it's cold-you are eating outside on picnic tables in a pavillion. It was very chilly when it got dark this year-the coldest Thanksgiving we've spent at Disney for the past 6 years. I'm hoping next year will be much warmer!!

We will do a character meal or 2-love Chef Mickey's breakfast or Best Friend's breakfast at the Poly. We'll definately do the Poly breakfast next year because Connor caught a stomach bug and we had to cancel that one this year. We usually always do Crystal Palace also-either breakfast or dinner.

Counting down the days until next year's trip!!:woohoo:

We're big foodies (as you may be able to tell by our chubbiness :rotfl:). DH is more adventurous than me, but I can always find something I'd like to try or already like.

I definitely want to try Teppan Edo (probably for dinner). We usually do Morocco for lunch (the gyros, OMG) and Morgan has a turkey leg, so I'd like to do Teppan Edo for a dinner.

CRT is a tradition for us. Usually a weekday morning first thing.

Be Our Guest is a definite. Probably the night we do CRT.

Morgan really wants to try Tony's, she must have a little Italian in her somewhere our bloodlines.

I've never done Akershus, so that's a possibility.

I'd love to try SciFi too.

We've done all the AK restaurants, so we'd probably plan a resort meal whichever day we do AK. Has anyone done the Barbecue?

If I had my way, we'd be on our way to Orlando right now (stupid Nature's Classroom!) for the week.

Ok, I saw BBQ last week and was thinking Backyard BBQ-hence my earlier post lol. :rotfl:

The BBQ place at AK is good-we always eat there for lunch at AK. Usually dinner at Rainforest-which is fun, yummy, and on the dining plan now. :thumbsup2

Tony's for me is just ok-and I'm not a picky eater. Cute restaurant, great location-but not a very large menu...literally 1 page for dinner with like 4 entrees. We ate there this year and a couple of years ago and I'm thinking we'll wait a while before we eat there again. For Italian next year I'm thinking Tutto Italia. Had Via Napoli the past 2 years and it was good-just want something a little bit nicer with more variety.

We have never tried Sci-Fi-heard mixed reviews. I would be up for trying it if "the group" is going...I think it looks cute.

thanks for the review Anne! so happy you will be coming next year too!

so how were the crowds?
we are excited to try BoG for lunch and dinner!

I figure I'm celebrating my bday everywhere we eat...hey you only turn 50 once right :rotfl2: and will proudly wear my bday button too!

thanks for the review Anne! so happy you will be coming next year too!

so how were the crowds?
we are excited to try BoG for lunch and dinner!

I figure I'm celebrating my bday everywhere we eat...hey you only turn 50 once right :rotfl2: and will proudly wear my bday button too!

The crowds were ok...not too bad until Wednesday before Thanksgiving. MK was PACKED that Wednesday. We definately need to check out the unofficial guide website for crowd levels and try to make our dining/park touring plans based on that. We always get park hopper, but generally like to go to the park we're eating at.

I don't blame you-I would wear it everywhere!! Troy's birthday is in November, so we always celebrate it at Disney. Sometimes he wears the button...especially to the tequila bar in Mexico. ;)

Yes, that's the BBQ I meant. Flame Tree is pretty much a given for lunch on our AK day :)

Thanks for the reviews. I'm really looking forward to BOG!

I figured through that weekend would be pretty crowded...we will be staying until Dec 6 so hoping it will get a bit better that week! do you subscribe to the touring plans sites? I'll have the premier AP since we are doing DLR next year a couple times too, will have PH with that, but we don't usually hop unless its absolutely necessary!

my bday is in Sept but figure its close enough :thumbsup2, tell Troy we can wear our buttons together!

we ate at Flame tree last time and really liked it! was nice it wasn't another fried meal!

We arrived on the Monday after Thanksgiving and I was surprised at the crowds at the MK both Monday and Wednesday (of course they were the only 2 days that there was no Christmas party this week). Tuesday at MK wasn't bad however.

We only do the parks for a little while each day- Monday we were going to try the New Fantastyland but got into the park about 11am and it was absolutely crazy- a 45 minutes wait to get into BOG for a QS lunch, long waits for everything else in this part of the park. We did Pinocchio's for lunch and then were going to try the Haunted Mansion (30 minutes wait time listed so we skipped). We got our room number at this point so DH went back to the room and I played a few rounds of sorcerers of the MK. We came back to the park for our 4:15 BOG reservations and waited a little bit to get in. I had requested the West Wing, we were not originally scheduled to be there but our hostess noticed the request and changed our table. The grey stuff is a sweet cheese (thinking marscipone) with a cookie and cream flavoring to it.

Tuesday we headed over to Mk again and went to New Fantasyland- they did a wonderful job with The little Mermaid ride- it is beautiful and a great ride. We also visited Ariel- a well done line and set up to get you in as fast as possible. We then headed over to see Belle- what an amazingly done attraction- definitely lots of fun and very well done. I can see parents buying photopass just for these photos as they have a photographer taking photos of the whole show and you get a card that has all those photos on it. Again the way they developed parts of this is fabulous- I believe they have it set up to have up to 4 rooms of 45ish people going at a time without it being too obvious. Lots of fun and definitely be in the show if you want a photo with Belle.We got out of storytime at 10:20 and got into the short line for BOG lunch opening (10:30am) so we went to lunch and sat in the side room that is not open for dinner. Love the way they do lunch here- it really helps move people through the line and is fun. Besides lunch on nice dishes is always a nice counterpoint to the normal QS. We spent the evening at Epcot and then a late dinner at Narcossie's.

This morning we headed over to the completed Storybook Circus (I had been on barnstormer since it reopened but had not seen all of the new area). We rode dumbo- the play area looks like it would be a lot of fun but the ride was walk on at the time so no one was inside the area. We also saw all of the characters and there areas are very well done and lots of fun. The water play area looks like it will be fun and very wet for anyone who decides to play there. The gift shop is also lots of fun.

I spent more time playing sorcerers than anything else and moved up to the medium level- I found the biggest difference is walking to more portals since it takes at least 2 to complete the spells against each villain or henchman. Also I didn't get one but they do have some shirts that you can buy to enhance you power during the game. Another fun item I found was a scavenger hunt book that has photos of places around WDW and you guess where it is (the answers are inside the front cover of book).

Rebecca

good to know the parks will be douable next year after Thanksgiving! can't wait to see Fantasyland and the new Belle storytime! we love the Ariel ride at DCA, know the queue is must better at WDW though. looking forward to trying the sorcerers game too!

the grey stuff sounds good!

yesterday Megan stated she wants to go to Universal to ride Harry Potter and the Despicable Me rides...anyone else planning on doing Universal on the trip?

yesterday Megan stated she wants to go to Universal to ride Harry Potter and the Despicable Me rides...anyone else planning on doing Universal on the trip?

My husband son would revolt if we went without them....Josh has been hinting about the possiblity of a 2014 trip that would include his girlfiriend. I keep saying maybe.

My husband son would revolt if we went without them....Josh has been hinting about the possiblity of a 2014 trip that would include his girlfiriend. I keep saying maybe.

totally understand!
that would be fun!

I'd love to go, but we won't have a car. I'm not sure we'd be able to get there unless we did it on a day my sister comes and I think that's before you get there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'd love to go, but we won't have a car. I'm not sure we'd be able to get there unless we did it on a day my sister comes and I think that's before you get there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

we won't have a car either...probably have to cab it, something else to figure if it fits the budget or not!

Had not planned on it- we will have our deluxe Aps through the following March so unless we get an amazing ticket deal we probably won't head back to Universal until after that. DH can't ride roller coasters or any of the rides with back injury notices so there is not much for him to do at Universal. Renting a car for a day might be cheaper than taking Mears type service which is definitely cheaper than a cab. They have a few rental places right on property and some of them will even pick you up and drop you back off at the hotel to pick up the car- so you could do a 1-2 day rental to go to Universal.

Rebecca

Had not planned on it- we will have our deluxe Aps through the following March so unless we get an amazing ticket deal we probably won't head back to Universal until after that. DH can't ride roller coasters or any of the rides with back injury notices so there is not much for him to do at Universal. Renting a car for a day might be cheaper than taking Mears type service which is definitely cheaper than a cab. They have a few rental places right on property and some of them will even pick you up and drop you back off at the hotel to pick up the car- so you could do a 1-2 day rental to go to Universal.

Rebecca

thanks for the rental info Rebecca...still debating on doing Universal, just don't know if there is enough we'd want to do, will have to go to there website and check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter