Wastes of Space

2nd floor of the Imagination building. It's been closed off for close to 15 years and I'd rather see them put some new exhibit/attraction up there or better yet, reopen it with what is still left there including the rainbow tunnel.

Wonders of Life and top of Imagination at Epcot. I've never understood why Wonders of Life shut down. It's a pretty pavillion, it has that sim ride that I am sure Disney could do SOMETHING with. Add a new Body Wars? EO, with respect to MJ, has got to go!

The Tiki Birds. I hadn't done that show in 15 years until our last trip. And will probably never do it again.

Tomorrowland Speedway...large footprint of space that could be better utilized. I realize at park opening it was a nice draw for younger kids, but it's no longer particularly unique to Disney, nor particularly exciting for most guests.

This. Especially since every square inch of the MK is extremely valuable. This "attraction" takes up a huge chunk of premium real-estate right between FL & TL. I really thought (was hoping) they were going to get rid of this ride with the new FL expansion.

Another DHS waste of space to me is the Indiana Jones show. It's not funny, it's not entertaining, it's incredibly dated. It's continued existence baffles me. I would definitely be in favor of it being replaced by an Indiana Jones ride.

I agree completely!!! I hate that show, it's so boring, the Indiana Ride they have at DL would be awesome in it's place!

I'm going to go out on a limb here. All of Tom Sawyer island and the liberty boat! Imagine all the fun stuff they could do with that space?

This is the first thing that came to mind for me too, the island.

The Tiki Birds. I hadn't done that show in 15 years until our last trip. And will probably never do it again.

My dh always wants to do this one, and me and my girls can't stand it. I do not understand the fascination.

Time to put on the Nomex suit, the BIGGEST waste of space is American Idol Experience!!!:firefight:firefight:firefight

Don't like the show, Don't understand the fasination of it, Don't care who wins, Don't care about any contrived show that is telling people who the next star should be and judged buy people with less talent than the singing goat on YouTube!!!

I agree! Hate the show and don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it. The only time I ever watched it is when Steven Tyler was a judge and it was only to lust over him.

This thread has made me realize how many attractions at Disney are truly crap. I always just ignore the stuff I don't like, but thinking of them putting awesome stuff in it's place is very exciting.

that big unsightly castle in the middle of magic kingdom. :rotfl2:

I needed this laugh today. :rotfl2:

MVC1225 said:
I know some people here like it but the Swiss Family Treehouse wins for me hands down. After you are already walking miles in the park all day, the attraction consists of climbing stairs in a tree to see furniture. I did it in the 70s when I was a kid (and there was only one park so you did EVERYTHING in Magic Kingdom) but never again since then.

Totally agree.

I love the Carousel of Progress. Seriously. Yes, I know I'm a geek. :)

I know a lot of people that do love that ride. It's ok. It's not something I have any interest in unless the weather is extremely hot. Then it's a nice afternoon break.

For me, this one's easy. Dinoland in AK! :(:confused3:crazy2::scared:

I remember my very first visit to AK, and stumbling on this area of the park and thinking "Why the heck did they decide to drop a carni in the middle of AK???" Soooo out of place, and doesn't fit with the AK theme at all!

Dan

For ME, personally...

Tomorrowland Speedway...we just never really ride this. :confused3 Can ride the same thing at home at Six Flags Over Georgia...

Absolutely LOVE the Tiki Room. Classic audio-animatronics and a very catchy tune. It brings back fond memories of going to WDW as a kid in the 70's and 80's.

And now they thankfully got rid of the interlopers that took over for years.

Biggest waste of space? Easy. The last cave on Expedition Everest. It's like you rode a time machine and ended up at Studio 54 in 1977.

Pleasure Island died when they took down the fences
Imagination's now a ride about the senses
But soon you won't be bothered by my disco dancin'
They block by moves by building a pin trading station

Pin trading station, pin trading station
Inside my ride they'll build a new pin trading station

I know some people here like it but the Swiss Family Treehouse wins for me hands down. After you are already walking miles in the park all day, the attraction consists of climbing stairs in a tree to see furniture. I did it in the 70s when I was a kid (and there was only one park so you did EVERYTHING in Magic Kingdom) but never again since then.

Blasphemy! :)

IASW can definitely go though! That ride is torture.

Don't forget Mission Space, Maelstrom, 3 Caberlleros, the Land, and O Cana:cool1:da

To me the Mexico ride is incredibly stereotypical and somewhat insulting. But I suppose so was some of WED's classic animation as it pertained to people of different cultures...go figure.

I'll update my previous post with specifics comments on Magic Kingdom

MK - Close/Demo and Replace
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Liberty Square Riverboat
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Stitch's Great Escape!
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority
  • Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

MK - Update
  • Space Mountain - the roughness of this ride and the minimal passenger restraint should be considered a crime. Completely redo the passenger vehicles, and eliminate sharp bumps that create "airtime" and hard butt landings and whiplash.
  • For the beloved characters that I axed above (Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh) and the ones that have expired (Snow White, Mr Toad, etc) I think one high capacity (clam shell anyone?) fast loading "combo" ride would be a good idea...it could end and dump everyone into a massive souvenir shop and/or character area.

Haven't gone thru the whole thread, but here's my biggest wastes of space, by park: (It doesn't mean these are the attractions I like the least, just best pieces of reclaimable real estate)

MK:
1. Tomorrowland speedway
2. Stitch

Epcot:
1. Wonders of Life
2. Millennium pavilion
3. Odyssey
4. Park entrance (just lose the monoliths and clean it up)

DHS:
1. Lights, Motors, Action
2. Sounds Dangerous

AK:
1. Camp Minnie-Mickey, with the exception of Festival of the Lion King
2. Dinoland (carnival area)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!