was there once a boat from Polynesian to Fort Wilderness?

sotoalf

DIS Veteran
Someone on this site said that up until the mid '80s the Polynesian, like the Contemporary today, had its own boat launch to Ft Wilderness and Discovery Island (before it closed, of course).

When and why was it discontinued? Maybe Tyler knows!

I'm searching my memories since we stayed at FW quite often and I almost positive there was a boat that ran from FW to MK to PR they had Flags on the boats to tell you which route they ran dont remember the exact colors I'll have to go through my old photo albums and find the schedule we kept all that stuff.

The Blue flagged boat went from FW to DI to CR.
The Green Flagged Boat went from FW to Poly to MK.
Sometimes there was a Yellow Flagged Boat that went from MK to DI to FW.

BTW - you can still get to the Poly from FW - you just need to stop by the Magic Kingdom first. Riding the boats from resort to resort is one of the great freebies.

Eating dinner at one of the MK resorts then riding the boat to the Poly to watch the fireworks is one of my favorite things to do.

The "River Country" water park is also closed. I bet that discontinued boat also ferried Poly guests to River Country - isn't that adjacent to FW? Probably not enough riders anymore ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter