Was I Stupid!!!!

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by ClarabelleCow, Sep 2, 2003.

1. ClarabelleCow

ClarabelleCow Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

I am waitlisted for a GV at OKW for 11/28-12/3, we already have a 2 bedroom and a studio. I telephoned for the heck of it today and they have the first 2 nights available in a GV, but not Sun, Mon, and Tuesday night! Should I have taken them and kept my fingers crossed, or play it safe and not chanced it, because that would be a bummer leaving the GV for the smaller rooms! And since we are only gonig for 5 nights, we really didn't want to move. Isn;t this a busy time of year for DVC, and since Friday and Saturday are very expensive nights, is that probably why they are available?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. stacy6552

stacy6552 Keep to the code!

nah, i wouldnt have taken the few nights either.

4. jaysue

jaysue DIS Veteran

Too short a stay to change rooms - take the whole waitlist in one shot - otherwise stick with your 2BR/Studio -

Thanks
    jaysue

5. JimC

JimC DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I would stay where you are, unless the entire trip clears with GV.

6. ClarabelleCow

ClarabelleCow Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

thanks for validating my gut reaction. I think I'm trying to hard to make this the "perfect trip" for my family, just spent over an hour getting PS'S etc, etc, nothing seemed to work out right, I need about an extra 10 days to do all we want to do!!

7. Lisa F

Lisa F <font color=blue>is a very wise woman<br><font col

No, you were smart! I'm not surprised that a friday and saturday night came open due to the high weekend but it sounds like it will be virtually impossible for sun, mon and tues to open up during that time of year. Better to stay put than to move around!

Lisa

8. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

If you have enough points to do both while waiting, that is the best option.

9. emacman

emacman Mouseketeer

All or nothing I think. You did the right thing.