Was anyone there.......

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
My son and I were waiting on my husband and daughter to ride Rockin Roller Coaster on Friday 4/10. It was about park closing 9:30ish. I didnt see it happen, only because I wasnt looking in the particular direction, but was within eyesight...........all I heard was a THUNK & then a mom went ballistic on this little girl that was 6-8 years old. She dropped (tho some said she thru her down) her little sister that was 19 mths old. The paramedics came and worked on her for a long time.

Cant get it out of my head, and wondered if anyone knew how she was? I felt so sorry for the little girl that dropped her sister...........mom yelled at her, not sure what dad was doing, but this girl was uncontrollably upset and noone but strangers to console her.

Why would anyone expect a 6 yr old to carry a 19 month old?
That mother is the one at fault -
We were in the park that day, but left mid afternoon. I would think the little one would be ok, the arms of a 6 yr old aren't very far off the ground.

I think she was like the rest of us waiting for someone to get off the coaster........and the girl was holding her. Im guessing she was closer to 8, but could be wrong. I know she hit her head & there was blood. The good news is she was crying the whole time I was around which was probably 30 min or so.

How sad. I'm sure the mom was just REALLY stressed out by the severity of the situation, but you have to feel bad for the older child for getting yelled at. Crying was probably a good sign though.

Hope everyone is okay and you get the closure you need! I would feel the same way.

Oh I cant imagine being the mom either...........how stressed, worried & overcome with emotion I would feel. I would hope that I wouldn't hurt or neglect my other child at the same time.

Tough all the way around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!