Warning - toy story 3 spoiler

Does anyone else wonder why they chose to feature Lotso at the Character Greeting in Hollywood Studios?

My guess is that he's the major new character in the movie. :confused3 Our DDs actually liked him the most despite the fact that he's the villain. :confused3

-Kevin

After seeing the movie, it makes me wonder. My DD7 bought a Lotso bear at DHS while we were there in May. We had no idea that he was a "bad guy" until we saw the movie this weekend! Now, my DD wants nothing to do with her bear!!!

Because they wanted to get some use out of an expensive costume before it was too late?

We saw him. too, about 10 days ago, and my DD just wasn't interested in waiting in line to meet an unfamiliar character. If I asked her now, I suspect I would get a terrified response. Now that the movie is out, there is no way your average younger child who has seen it is going anywhere near that bear. (Though I did notice that the character did not use a cane, so that's something, I guess.)

I think they are going to end up having him out mostly for Villain M&G's, along with Jafar, Captain Hook and the Red Queen, etc.

Ha- def waskinda curious about that- but def true that sometimes the villains r fun to meet.
I was wondering if he smelled like strawberries :)

even though he was the villain and treated the toys bad he was my favorite character ide definately meet him an think about it what other character could they have? ken? and even so he was still evil every new character was evil at least its better then big baby

I remember that after Toy Story 2, lots of people wanted to buy the misfit toys that were in the movie ( that was 2, right?). Anyway, Disney didn't make them. I wonder if this is a reaction to that miscalculation.

Disney has lots of villains so that doesn't surprise me about having Lotso there. I am surprised that I didn't see it coming! I'm sure most never thought the cuddly bear was going to be the bad guy.

They brought him into the parks so I could give him a firm talking to about playing nice with other toys. :mad:

In addition to what others have said, there really aren't other options for a character meet & greet from the new batch. Most are licensed or just not "important" enough for people to be interested in. (i.e., Stretch)

I knew right away that he was the bad guy (because he seemed so friendly), but I didn't know he was the villain when I stood in line to get my picture taken with him a few weeks ago! He's definitely more cuddly than Evil Queen. ;)

I knew as soon as he appeared in the movie that he was the bad guy (because he seemed so friendly):upsidedow, but I didn't know he was the villain when I stood in line to get my picture taken with him a few weeks ago! He's definitely more cuddly than Evil Queen. ;)

I am laughing to myself - I thought the same thing after seeing the movie this past weekend - what an evil little bear!

Can you imagine the typical villain line up now? It'll be Maleficent, Jafar, Captain Hook - and a huge pink bear. :rotfl:

Yeah we wondered that too. We met him when he first entered the park, I was in love with his cuddly self haha. Then we saw the movie at Midnight and then that Saturday found ourselves at DHS. My 17 year old sister had to confront Lotso on this.

I'll post what I posted else where cause I don't wanna type it again haha

So we walk into the meet and greet area by the bars, first we asked the CM why Lotso was chosen and she didn't know. Then my sister was like, "But he's evil!" Lotso heard this and turned to my sis and gave her the What you talkin bout! gesture.

But this was not enough for my sis, so we get into the Meet and Greet line, we turn the corner and walk to Lotso, first person he sees is my Sister and he automatically turned away from her and crossed his arms, came to me and hugged me. Then he went to hug my Sis who was like "No, you're evil!" and he got all upset again and I offered to give him another hug. Then the CM said Awww, he's upset, you should give him a kiss. At that moment her perked his head towards my Sis who then proceeded to blow him a kiss and then get forced into a hug. At the moment we were all dying of laughter. So was everyone else in the area who witnessed this. We took our picture, I somehow ended up getting another hug. As we walked away my sister turned and said, "you are still evil!" And our giggles continued on.

how many times do you think Lotso will get kicked in the shin by some kid? Or yelled at for being a mean bear !!!! :lmao:

even though he was the villain and treated the toys bad he was my favorite character ide definately meet him an think about it what other character could they have? ken? and even so he was still evil every new character was evil at least its better then big baby

I'm not so sure, I would be thrilled to have my pic with big baby!

DH looked over at me DURING the movie and asked the very same question!

I know they are trademarked, but I think Barbie and Ken would've been a fantastic new meet and greet!

Big baby would've scared me if they'd turned him in to a new character; I'd be running the other way (like many children!) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter