Warning for ATD and Complete orlando bookings

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by orangetiggs, Oct 5, 2009.

1. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

This company at the moment are not ATOL protected. They have not renewed thier license yet and it ran out on 30th sept.

I have just spoken with ATOL as I was informed they have applied for the license but as of today its not gone through so you will not be protected.

He advised me to talk to them and say they are not protected and when do they expect the license to be up and running again

Just thought I would advise

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. orangetiggs

4. igk

igk DIS Veteran

Interesting. I thought it looked odd that the Complete Orlando website has an ATOL number, but then when I checked it on ATOL's website it wasn't valid. That clears that up, thanks.

5. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

What exactly does this mean? A risk for people who haven't yet received their tickets? It won't effect those who already have their tickets will it?

6. dstiles

dstiles Earning My Ears

Thanks for warning about this. In the current economic climate its definitely worth making sure that the company you book with is bonded.

7. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

Thanks for the warning.

8. CompleteOrlando

CompleteOrlando Earning My Ears

Hi All - just wanted to let you all know that we are waiting for the final paperwork to go through (should be today), so there is no need to panic. We are part of the UK's biggest (and best) ticket broker and we are very financially sound (our group turns over in excess of £20 million a year!). Our ATOL is due to be completed today. Hope this puts you all at ease.

9. iluvtot

iluvtot DIS Veteran

Hi orangetiggs,
    Have you booked with them then, because I know you said you were thinking about it.
    We were aswell, but as offer seems to expire today, we don't know what to do!:confused3

Jules x

10. cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!! Mouseketeer

I must admit I was tempted to book with them but im a worrier and I knew I would only get stressed about them going out of business so we booked direct with disney instead.

11. orangetiggs

i havent booked as i was worried about the atol number not being recognised and didnt want to lose any money if they go bust

I think we will wait now and see what offer disney does next

12. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Thanks for posting up the warning :thumbsup2

13. orangetiggs

I just wanted to advise everyone that till the licesne hasg one through that people are not covered if anything happens to them, I know they are large but everyone thought that about XL and look where they ended up.

I am still looking at booking with them once the license has all bee done and I can find them on ATOL's register

14. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

15. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

16. igk

igk DIS Veteran

Thanks for explaining that.
    It is however misleading for your website to state
    when in fact, currently, it isn't. Maybe you should update the website to say that ATOL protection is currently pending until it goes through.

17. UKDEB

UKDEB Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Whilst all this is a matter of fact and I certainly wouldn't wish any ill will to ATD Travel Services Ltd which is a quality organisation, turnover is no indication of solvency. Profits are a better barometer, but published figures are historic and even profitable companies can and do go belly-up overnight, thanks to cashflow issues.

Hopefully this is indeed an administrative issue rather than a financial one, but I couldn't let this statement stand without comment.

Banking hat off. :thumbsup2

18. caroleRWO

caroleRWO Mouseketeer

19. Disneynutinlondon

Disneynutinlondon <font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t

I'm feeling alot better that it's gone through now as I booked a surprise week at WDW during our US visit next year for us and I was beginning to get a bit worried. :thumbsup2

20. bonjovikitten

bonjovikitten Mouseketeer

Hi

Just to make you aware if you booked a package with them between 1-6th october you won't be ATOL covered unless you ask them to send you a new confirmation dated from 7th October 2009.

I added flights to my booking on 2nd October and emailled ATOL/CAA for advise this was the reply

Dear *********

Complete Orlando's ATOL was renewed on 7 October. Although they took the flight booking whilst their ATOL was lapsed, providing that they now issue you with a new invoice covering all elements of your booking including the flight arrangement, their renewed ATOL will cover the whole booking.

Regards,

:thumbsup2