Warner Bros Tour during 'hiatus' time - May

Kiwigirls

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I have just started planning for a trip to Disneyland next May (end of April/ 1st week of May), to be there for Dapper Days and the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon. One of the other things my daughter and I really want to do is the Warner Bros tour.

I had previously read that, as a rough guide, if you went during the week you had a small chance of seeing a 'star', as they might be filming, but if you went on the weekend you had a better chance of seeing the sets, as they would not be filming. We are more interested in seeing the sets- preferably the Big Bang Theory set.

I have looked at the schedules and it looks like the ongoing sitcoms go on hiatus during the end of April through May and June, and that pilots of new shows etc are filmed during this time. So- does anyone know or have an experience with what that might mean for our chances of seeing the BBT set? or any others? Would the 'need to go on weekends' still apply? Will those sets be packed away anyway?

I would rather go during the week as our 2 weekends will be busy with dapper day and the marathon, but just wondering if we will have the chance (I know nothing is guaranteed!) to see the things we are hoping to!

Once they wrap for the season the set comes down. The studios work year round, and many shows tape during the summer now so stages get used by other productions. You could contact the studio to see if they happen to leave any parts of that one up, since it's slightly less likely that a stage with an audience section will be in use, but odds are they'd store the sets anyway instead of leaving them up all summer.

Although it was 2 years ago we did a Warner Bros. Studio tour in June of 2013 and many of the shows were on hiatus as you mention. We seen the set of the Mentalist and Pretty Little Liars. My son loves the Mentalist so he was thrilled by that. Of course the Friends set was neat as well. However they were filming a show called Sullivan And Son which was a TBS comedy (cancelled last year, but ran about 3 seasons). The cast was out on the lot throwing a football around and our guide stopped and asked if our tour could come on the set. The cast welcomed us. Although we never watched the show we had a blast meeting everyone. Steve Byrne who was the creator and star couldn't have been nicer. He took pictures with everyone. Even gave my daughter a signed copy of a script. Dan Lauria (Dad from the Wonder Years) played his father and he is favorite of mine. I got a picture with him! It was completely unexpected and course we just got lucky but it was one of best vacation memories.

Thanks everyone.
Mdsd8700 - sounds like you had a great experience! I have seen that show on recently!

And thanks SMD for your thoughts, I thought that might be the case. Good suggestion to try and contact them.

StageTek- that sounds positive! Thanks!!

hey :) I have visited the big bang theory set twice, once for a live taping and one during the wb studio tour. We did the tour in mid May and got to see the BBT set, it was very dressed down from when when we saw it during the taping however, there were dust sheets over some pieces of set and the swing set was empty but it was still great to see it when the show is dark. Our tour guide asked us what set we wanted to see so maybe just ask them nicely if you can see it :) have a great trip!!

Went on a weekend and almost didn't get to see BBT. There were some young girls flirting with tour guide and they wanted Ellen so that's where we went. Tour guide also worked on Ellen set. He knew a few of us were not happy so we go to go to BBT. We only got to walk on the bleachers and were in there for less than 5 minutes. It was fun.

I live right by the studios, and we're on the lot quite often. The BBT set right now is frequently visited by visitors unless someone on your tour group requests to see something else (IE: Two Broke Girls). The set for BBT is up year long and is never moved, however during hiatus, they practically cover everything up. You can see the hallway between the two apartments, and that's about the only thing that's wide open. Even the walls in the apartments are covered.

With that said, even living here - we've done the WB tour multiple times and it's ALWAYS amazing.

Thanks everyone! Great to know that it is still up, even if covered in dust cloths! Looking forward to the tour!!!

I think that on the tour the guides are only allowed show whatever set is available that day. For us it was the set for Two and a Half Men. They said that the BBT set was being done up and changes were being made to one of the appartments. I don't think you can go in and ask them if you can see that in particular you pretty much have to go with whatever you're shown on the day.

On a side note i've just started my trip update from our day we did the tour if you want spoilers ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter