wanted: Good website for running/exercise journal or log

mrsdrake625

DIS Veteran
I would love to find a perfect solution to record my exercise and running data, but have yet to see something that incorporates everything perfectly.

I have a feeling that the best solution is just going to be paper in the end - but I'm wondering if anyone else has another suggestion or an experience to share?

want:
- GPS maps capability - see routes and compare times on routes, splits, etc.
- ability to plan workouts ahead of time (and reschedule, something difficult to do with paper log)
- ability to track non-running workouts
- see progress over time: building mileage, decreasing HR, etc.
- track total calories burned (from HRM)

I have tried:
Polar personal trainer: this worked great when all I had was the HRM, but now I have a Garmin as well so it doesn't take the GPS data. Unless I'm missing something?

(the Garmin can do HR, I just don't have the strap yet. Ultimately that might be the other solution, and just use Garmin connect).

Garmin Connect: hate it. Clunky and not sure how to factor in gym time, weights, other cardio (treadmill) without having to type in a TON of extra data. Again, unless I'm missing something obvious here.

Running Ahead: tried to import all my polar and garmin data and nothing transferred. Sigh. I like the workout scheduling capability but it seems like a pain to get the data into the system and it feels like nobody has bothered to update it in a while.

Map my Run: so far, this is the one I like best, but I can't figure out how to get my garmin data in there. Or Polar. :confused3 Anybody have help?

TIA!

I use a combination. I have an andriod phone not an Iphone. And I don't use a HR monitor.

I use my Nike+ gps watch and footpod and download to my computer. I like Nike's different trainers and workout plans.

I also use RunKeeper and Mapmyrun on my phone mostly the runkeeper though. I will look at maymyrun to find new routes to run.

I also am also pretty new to running. I started in June of last year.

I use a combination too. I use Endomondo for tracking runs, walks, ellpitcals, circuit training and weights. And it syncs up with My Fitness Pal (which is what I use to log my food, etc.) Endomondo is gps based so I think it can be fairly accurate. The other stuff (circuit, elliptical, etc), I have to manually log into Endo and then after a few seconds, I will sync to MFP.

Update: I decided to go w mapmyrun because you actually can port your garmin data directly into the log. Can't get the old data, but from here on out it just goes right in, has maps, splits, etc. You can put in an average heart rate but not a max. There is a way to do gym workouts but I haven't explored that yet. It seems like you need the advanced option to do more HRM stuff but its good enough for basics. You can schedule workouts and then its easy to upload info after you do them, just click "mark as complete."

It seems like they have recently updated everything. Just wanted to throw that out there.for everyone's info if you were curious!!

Run keeper also integrates with my fitness pal, you'd have to sign up for the elite package to make then talk to each other. It was an annual fee of I think $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!