Want to go to the White House Easter Egg Roll?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by VirataMama4, Mar 9, 2011.

1. VirataMama4

VirataMama4 DIS Veteran

Not sure if this has been posted, I tried searching and only found info about last year.

White House Easter Egg Roll will be held Monday, April 25th, 2011.

The online lottery starts tomorrow, March 10 @ 12:01am EST and closes Sunday, March 13 @ 11:59pm EST! You can enter here: www.recreation.gov

We were lucky enough to go last year and had a great time! Hope to be able to go this year too!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jmpellet

jmpellet DIS Veteran

We would definitely want to go. Do you know how many lucky people they choose?

4. jmpellet

jmpellet DIS Veteran

Just watched the video from last year and Michelle Obama said 30,000 people!

5. Halle

Halle DIS Veteran

Off topic DDIL got us tickets two years ago for the National Christmas tree lighting..phenomenal!! Hope everyone from the DIS gets the Easter EGG TIX!!

6. VirataMama4

VirataMama4 DIS Veteran

Yea, its alot! LOL But its broken up into 5 or so different time slots, so its not 30,000 all at once. We went to the very first time slot last year, 7:45am, we got there about an hour early and we still missed about 30 minutes of our time standing in line to get through security. So, I recommend getting there as early as you can, if you get picked!

7. VirataMama4

VirataMama4 DIS Veteran

This is my number 1 goal for this year! It will be our last Christmas in MD, before we move on for the Navy and I'd hate to miss it!

8. My2BabiesLexis&Dill

My2BabiesLexis&Dill DIS Veteran

Ummm, NO! I done it last year. It was not that great! I can say we done it but we will not be doing it again.

9. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

We went to a lot of trouble to get tickets for this and to vacation there one year and then it got rained out. I was SO disappointed. And now DS is too old. He would have loved it.

Sheila

10. labdogs42

labdogs42 DIS Veteran

This is something we were thinking about trying this year. For those that have done it, is the rolling a race or more of an activity? Are there winners? How does the whole thing work?

11. VirataMama4

VirataMama4 DIS Veteran

I can't answer this, since we didn't do it. The lines were crazy long and there was so much other stuff to do.

12. 2shortpeopleruleme

2shortpeopleruleme Mouseketeer

I hope whoever wanted to go got picked.:hug: I wanted to go so badly with my girls, but sadly we didn't get picked. I guess we will try again next year!

13. bas71873

bas71873 DIS Veteran

We didn't get picked either :(.......we'll try again next year too :thumbsup2

14. jmpellet

jmpellet DIS Veteran

We got in but we may not go:( We have the 2:10 and would be willing to give it away if we don't end up going.

15. bas71873

bas71873 DIS Veteran

Can you give them away? I didn't read the rules that closely, but the rules seemed crazy strict. I'd take them off your hands in heartbeat if it's allowed :)

16. princessmorgan

princessmorgan DIS Veteran

I got shut out for the 3rd year in a row :rotfl: My friend got her first pick for the 7:20 slot. Oh well, I at least got to go during Bush's run when you had to sleep in a tent for tickets. I wish they would occasionally do that again. It was a lot of fun bonding with the other crazies!

17. bnhasak

bnhasak Mouseketeer

We got in last year and though it was crazy, hot and crowded, the kids had a wonderful time. This year is a no go though. :-(

Hope all that got the lucky slots have a wonderful time. Those who haven't been picked, I hope you get your chance very soon.

18. sullins5

sullins5 alias the 'disneychick'

:thumbsup2 We got picked, but airfare may be too expensive!! We put down the 4pm slot and got it! And to get our ticket the page says "non-transferrable"...so I'm assuming we can't give them away! I haven't told my dd yet, in hopes that some pixie dust may come our way. I checked flights today and :scared1:!!!! So, we'll see! Still tickled though!

19. DisneyScraps

DisneyScraps DIS Veteran

We got in, I am only a few hours away so we are going. This is very exciting!

Lisa

20. labdogs42

labdogs42 DIS Veteran

I didn't get in either. I'll try again next year!