Want to do Atlantis on your own? We did it!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by nextcruz, Jul 19, 2008.

1. LOLA2

LOLA2 TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t

Now I tried online and did get it for 1 night. I hope I don't have problems when I get there cost $135.00

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Alice_on_WONDERland

Alice_on_WONDERland Why is a raven like a writing desk? Yes, your

Thanks for this awesome spreadsheet of Cruise & Packing tips! This is priceless!

4. Alice_on_WONDERland

Alice_on_WONDERland Why is a raven like a writing desk? Yes, your

Thanks for this spreadsheet of Cruise & Packing tips - it is priceless! :flower3:

5. Laneychris

Laneychris DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info!

6. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Has anyone done this lately? I just can't get over the amount of 'taxes' they charge for 1 room that you don't even enter.

Search results for the day we need:

Sub Total $183.60

*Estimated Tax $58.95

Estimated Total: $242.55
    (US Dollar)

Hotel Alerts: Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Energy surcharge: 12.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel. Persons 16 and older are charged as adults. 3rd/4th person charged 40.00 per night + tax and service charges.

So for our family of 4 we'd pay an additional $51.80 for "energy surcharge" plus $20 "housekeeping gratuities" plus 3rd & 4th person charges would be another $80 + tax.

By the time you add all this up, it's almost $400!

Plus if it's pouring rain or you never get to dock at Nassau for some reason, you'd be charged even if you don't show. Cancellation deadline is 5 days prior.
    Is this place really worth it? :confused3

7. Dishy24

Dishy24 Mouseketeer

Are your 3rd & 4th people adults?

8. ruadisneyfan2

No, 14 & 11.

9. bdink921

bdink921 DIS Veteran

The extra charge per night for 3rd and 4th persons is for over 16. That won't apply to you. We'll be there next Monday. Got a $200 rate for the 3 of us. I'll post exactly how much extra we paid in taxes/surcharges when we get back. I'm pretty sure if the surcharges were that high, not many would be going and recommending CS as the way to go. We're really looking forward to spending our day there.

10. ameliaforte

ameliaforte Mouseketeer

you can get a "bagged lunch" from the cruise ship with prior notice and you wouldn't of even had to bother with the fries or chicken!!!!

11. ruadisneyfan2

I would really appreciate that! :goodvibes

12. catzle

catzle DIS Veteran

what comes in the bagged lunch?

13. NMJoe

NMJoe Earning My Ears

Has anyone done this for their port day in Nassau recently?

There are four of us (two adults and a 6 and 9-year-old) and I'm curious if anyone has done this recently, and what the total cost was? Doing my best to interpret what they say on their website, it looks like the room cost + $12.95/person energy charge + housekeeping gratuity $5/person + 3rd/4th person $40/each. So, $370ish for the four of us.

Also, does this allow access to all water park and pool features, as well as the aquarium?

Thanks!

Joe

14. Dave_MaryJo

Dave_MaryJo Mouseketeer

*BUMP*

We are looking at the "Advanced Purchase Rate" at $223 + $76 tax = $299 for 2 adults. This seems pretty high. Any thoughts?

15. Fatima1922

Fatima1922 DIS Veteran

I have friends who just did Carnival during Christmas. They booked Aquaventure on their own at the Atlantis. They told me the cost was $139 per adult. Not sure of the child cost as thier daughter is under three and was free.

16. ruadisneyfan2

Besides the high price, you're stuck with it once you buy. So even if the ship can't dock due to rough seas or bad weather, there's no getting your $ back. I think you're better off waiting til you get off the ship and just take a taxi to Atlantis & pay at the door. jmho.:goodvibes

17. momof2disprincesses

momof2disprincesses I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

We've done these one night rooms twice while on Disney cruises. Once back in 2002 and again in 2008.

In 2002, we booked through Atlantis Harborside (a time share area of Atlantis). It was the cheapest of the options then. I think we paid about $135 and there were 4 of us.

The room was gorgeous! Full kitchen with washer and dryer, extremely large bathroom, etc. After our FUN day at the waterpark, we all showered there and washed our swim suits!

In 2008, we booked through Atlantis, in a Tower Room (at that time, it was cheaper than Comfort Suites). This time, we really didn't spend any time in the room.

One of my fondest memories of being totally relaxed is the hour or so I spent on the lazy river. I just kept thinking "this is the life!"

A tip I have - order room service sandwiches the night before and bring a collapsible cooler with you and bring the sandwiches.

We are cruising again in April but not going to do the Atlantis this time. It's just getting too expensive!

18. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Great info...if you are a party of four! We are 5 and with having to get 2 rooms, it isn't much cheaper to do the comfort suite route, and considerably more through Atlantis directly. WAH!

19. papamouse1

papamouse1 Still... Papa "MooMoo"

We did this in November, and loved it! As I remember, we only had to pay the 40 fee for our 17 yr old... the fee is for ones 16 & over I believe, so both your kids are too young for the extra fee. Other than that, your numbers are accurate.

The OP info is from 2008 and is still very accurate. The only I might add is we actually took a boat taxi instead of regular taxi.... DON'T DO IT! took forever to get on the boat and to walk from dock to the hotel. Much easier to just get a taxi.

We also called Atlantis direct and added on the dophin swim for my DD12 who wanted to do that.... worked out great

20. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm thinking of doing the Comfort Suites option in May! I'm just wondering, we have three little ones with us - what is the best way to get to Comfort Suites from the port? We won't have car seats with us. Also, is Comfort Suites close enough to walk to Atlantis? Thanks!

21. SueTGGR

SueTGGR Disney visits as often as money will allow-donatio

Bumping this up again to see if anyone has done this this year, yet. We are looking at June and are trying to figure out this before the booking window opens up for our cruise. :surfweb:
    Thanks,
    Sue:hippie: