Wanna see new pictures of Pop Century?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Kim&Chris, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. magic teacup

magic teacup <font color=9999FF>Has perfected the art of "kissi

I'd stay there. We loved ASMo. Thanks for the link.

4. eeyore0062

eeyore0062 Guest

the store looks great, can't wait to see it in August!

5. Pkdcoastrs

Pkdcoastrs Guest

Hey,

Can you post a direct link? My comp isn't reloading the site with the new pics?

Mike

6. PamOKW

PamOKW <font color=green>The two most important items for

I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. Are the photos dated April 21, 2002 the new photos or is there something more recent?

It's bizarre that they have the furniture in the resort and no opening date. They must have to run the a/c to keep the humidity from destroying all the furnishings. Any word on when it will open?

7. Pkdcoastrs

Pkdcoastrs Guest

8. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Thanks. Good to see new pics. :)
    I'm game. I would stay there once. Still wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the words. But if that's the worse that can be said about the resort, that's pretty good. ;)
    Now -- Will it ever open?

9. Beanie

Beanie ~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~

I am always willing to stay somewhere once!! :) Thanks for the link! :)

10. Steffi

Steffi <font color=magenta>McDonald's isn't my friend<br>

Thanks for the link. Does anybody other than me not like it? The giant words, yikes!

11. eeyore0062

eeyore0062 Guest

It really is quite "bright", isn't it. I agree, I would like it better if they had left off the words. I really don't want to be reminded of some of those catch phrases. I am not fond of the value resorts, so I don't know that we will be staying there. AS-Music still would be my 1st choice if we did stay in a value resort, though!

12. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at

I think it's kinda fun looking. I'd stay there for a nite or two, then hop over to CBR for a taste of sanity ;)

13. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Thanks for the photo link. I think it's cute!

14. daannzzz

daannzzz OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled

I don't mind ( and find it somewhat imaginative) the large stairwell icons and the Big Wheel and large pieces like that. The part I find really bad is the Blurbs on the tops of the buildings and the little "details" hung on the railings. The flowers and mood ring and clogs just look very unimaginative and poorly done like they bare tried to come up with something OR their budget was really low.

15. DeeP

DeeP DIS Veteran

I think when this resort is finished and open it will be very similiar to the other value resorts but with the 60 themes. All the other values have huge icons etc outside the buildings but once the resort is complete they all blend in to create the theming of the resort. I will gladly stay there especially with a good AP rate!

16. slstorey

slstorey Earning My Ears

When I first heard about Pop Century it sounded like they had run out of ideas for theming at the resorts. But I had high hopes that it would turn out wonderful. But after looking at those pictures . . . Yuck! I think it looks horrible. I don't mean to sound like a snob. I think they've done fantastic with all the other resorts.

17. Janet2k

Janet2k DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting the link to the recent photos of Pop Century. It looks like a fun resort.

18. juliesue

juliesue Mouseketeer

My family's first reaction was OOH Ick! We don't have to stay there do we?

Very unlike Disney to be so cheesy. It looks like a "souped up" Super 8. I agree the words are bad. Did they have focus groups for these ideas before they built? They certainly aren't getting a very positive reaction on the boards.