Walt disney world

wayne1975

Earning My Ears
M looking to take my for kids and my wife to Disney world next year. We have already looked at resorts that could cater for the six of us. Was wondering if anybody had stayed at the new art of animation resort. The family rooms seem the best option for us and the boys quite like the idea of st acing in the cars room. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

M looking to take my for kids and my wife to Disney world next year. We have already looked at resorts that could cater for the six of us. Was wondering if anybody had stayed at the new art of animation resort. The family rooms seem the best option for us and the boys quite like the idea of st acing in the cars room. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

You'll find a lot of information in the Art of Animation thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2966053

Hi and welcome!

For families of 6 in one room, your on-site options are kind of limited: The Family Suites, either at Art of Animation or at All Star Music, or the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. (I'm assuming that the larger suites are out of the question?)

You may also want to call the Dolphin and look at their Deluxe Alcove rooms, particularly if either you or your wife qualify for the discounts they give for teachers, nurses, and government workers. It's hard to get pricing for the Deluxe Alcove rooms online, but if you call, they'll be more than happy to help you out. http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/deluxe_alcove.html

OK, assuming you don't stay at the Dolphin, your next decision is whether or not to get the meal plan. We love it. We didn't get it on our last trip,and really missed it. That said, it isn't a value for everyone; you have to play with the numbers. It tends to be the best value for families with kids 9 and under.

Thanks for the info. Luxury rooms are out of our price range as we have to fly from the UK. I am still thinking of art of animation resort if we stay in the Disney complex. I really want the kids to get the full disney experience.
If any other ideas come to mind. Please post. I will check back regularly

Oh, definitely stay on site! It makes transportation a breeze, and you're immersed in Disney all day and night.

How old are your kids?

The boys are 12,9 and two of them are 6. We have been to Disneyland Paris a few times and each time we go they enjoy it more. They think that Paris is huge. I can't wait for them to see Florida. I've been before but that was 13 years ago. I've seen all the changed that have been made. Really want to go now!!!!

Aw, I love posts like this!!! :love:

It sounds like you have 4 boys...I think you're exactly the type of people that the Cars section of AoA was designed for!!

One thing to note at any of these places...with the number of people you have, your kids are going to end up sharing sleeping surfaces. With 4 kids, there's probably zero way around that no matter where you go. It may be a good idea to prep the kids.

I don't know your kids...it sounds like you have twins? And I'm guessing they're smaller than the older kids? You could put one of them with the 12 year old and the other with the 9 year old to maximize everyone's space. Or maybe the twins are used to being together and you can let the 12 year old and 9 year old have at it. :)

I really hope your kids have a magical first trip to WDW and that you have a magical return trip!

To get nurse's discount do you have to be a registered nurse a LPN or CNA? Or do just certain count for that?

To get nurse's discount do you have to be a registered nurse a LPN or CNA? Or do just certain count for that?

Here's the quote from the "rates and specials" section of www.swandolphin.com :

" THANK YOU NURSES FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!"
In appreciation for all that you do, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort would like to offer you a very special room rate for your next vacation to the most magical place in the world...the Walt Disney World® Resort! Rates for nurses start at just $149.00* per room, per night!

Book online or call 1-888-828-8850 and ask for our Nurse rate.

Book the Swan Book the Dolphin

If you'd like to be among the first to know of special offers and packages
being offered at our resort, please click here and join our mailing list!

Email this page to a friend!

*Rates are per room, per night based on rate schedule availability and do not include the mandatory Resort Service Package, daily parking fees (if applicable), applicable taxes or gratuities. Not valid with any other special offers, promotions, existing reservations or for groups. All nurses must show proof of employment upon arrival. Offer valid through 12/23/13."

Thanks for all the help guys. Decision has been made. The cars room it is. Hopefully it will be available on the dates we want

You are going to have SUCH a good time!!!!

When are you planning to go? We're hoping for late July or early August 2014.

Hopefully August time. We know it's going to busy but our kids have never been to Disney world. So we are going to make the most of it

Thanks for all the help guys. Decision has been made. The cars room it is. Hopefully it will be available on the dates we want

:thumbsup2 Awesome! We are traveling there from Australia in September and staying there in a Cars suite. At first I thought it would be too much theming going from the parks to a fully themed resort but figured the kids would love it. Can't wait to see their faces when they realise they're staying in Radiator Springs!

Both of you and your families are going to have so much fun!!!

Know that August in Florida is brutally hot. (Personally, I LOVE it, but everyone else thinks I'm crazy.) Plan to get to the parks for opening, stay until about lunch, then head back to the resort for an afternoon in the pool. Then head back at dinner time. The afternoon crowds, combined with the heat and humidity, make it feel like anything BUT a vacation. The pool, perhaps combined with a tropical drink for mom and dad, makes for a much more relaxing time. Then, in the evening, you can return to the parks, refreshed and ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter