Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Looking to maybe book Dolphin in Feb and have a quick bus question for those that have stayed there in the past...saw this on their web site (Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom® Park will be dropped off at Disney’s Ticket and Transportation Center)...

So, when leaving MK, do you have to go to Ticket and Transportation to catch bus back to resort OR do they have their own bus pickup like the rest of the Disney hotels just outside of MK exit?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you catch the bus to/from Dolphin at TTC. You can catch a bc/yc/bw bus instead to/from MK, but either way you are walking and imo, I don't think the bus to/from TTC is that bad. Some trips we've done the ferry/mono back and forth and other times we'll grab another disney resort bus back, just depends on how much we feel like walking. But, you do need to build in some time if you plan to take the bus to/from TTC to get in/out of MK.

Yes, you catch the bus to/from Dolphin at TTC. You can catch a bc/yc/bw bus instead to/from MK, but either way you are walking and imo, I don't think the bus to/from TTC is that bad. Some trips we've done the ferry/mono back and forth and other times we'll grab another disney resort bus back, just depends on how much we feel like walking. But, you do need to build in some time if you plan to take the bus to/from TTC to get in/out of MK.
Great...thanks for the info.

That is a tough one - non-standard rooms aren't always available for booking on points as they may be booked up with cash pays already. Marriott typically limits the type of room available on points so you'll just have to hunt for the right dates at the hotel - there are more suites at the Reserve and I've seen those available for booking on points.
Thank you - sounds like this plan will be tougher than I thought.

Coming from Canada, the notion of covering a big chunk of hotel stay with points is very enticing. (Even when the resort fee equates to $62 CDN with current exchange rates).

Great thread - I’ve read the last ~100 pages in recent days.

Question about booking with Marriott points. I’ve gathered that standard rooms vary from approx 45k to 85k points per night.

Can anyone share how many points I might need for a suite, or a dolphin alcove room?

I’m new to the Marriott program - just signed up for one of the credit cards with hopes of covering a 5-night stay next year.
Plan on paying cash for a room upgrade (I think if you call you can do that) and have a backup plan if you can’t get 5 nights in your point price range. You can look on the website right now and see what Feb’s point offerings are. 5 nights off one cc sounds rather optimistic to me these days for Swolphin but I don’t know anything about Canada credit card offers.

Plan on paying cash for a room upgrade (I think if you call you can do that) and have a backup plan if you can’t get 5 nights in your point price range. You can look on the website right now and see what Feb’s point offerings are. 5 nights off one cc sounds rather optimistic to me these days for Swolphin but I don’t know anything about Canada credit card offers.
For some reason, I’m currently unable to see any points availability, but I’ll keep checking.

I thought I’d read that Marriott has book 4 nights on points, get the 5th night free. If I can collect 250,000 points I figure I’ll be in the right ballpark.

For some reason, I’m currently unable to see any points availability, but I’ll keep checking.

I thought I’d read that Marriott has book 4 nights on points, get the 5th night free. If I can collect 250,000 points I figure I’ll be in the right ballpark.
Weird you can’t see it :( Here’s a snapshot I pulled from the website for dolphin, you might have a shot but I didn’t check room types. You’ll need the same room type available and unfortunately prices are dynamic, they could change by tomorrow.

IMG_1714.png

Personally I’d get that bonus as fast as possible.

Last edited:

You’ll also want to be mindful that if your credit card rewards are free night certificates (rather than just points) the book 4 get the 5th free offer doesn’t apply.

I think the biggest difference is if the weather is bad. There’s not cover at TTC while waiting for the bus to go back, unless the wait area has been moved. Not fun in downpours or really hot summer. Boardwalk and BC/YC has cover so at least during the waiting time there’s that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter