Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does the Swan/Dolphin have movies outside in the evening? Is it every evening? I've seem some posts on their FB page, but I can't tell if its a nightly occurrence or not. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out in advance what movies are showing when?

Hey all new on here sry if already answered in thread, I read alot of pages and couldnt seem to find an answer.

How many spg points is a suite at either swan or dolphin. I am not interested in the alcove, just any type of suite to separate a guest on the sofa and a guest in the actual bedroom. We are booking this for next october so I hope a year is enough time to get a suite. The thing is grandma who snores will be joining me and my toddler. We also have the option of staying at the sheraton and I think they have studio suites, but my toddler loves the boardwalk area and I wanted to stay closer this time.

Also not sure if cash and points are an option for a suite.. and from their website I cant tell how many diff types of suites there are. I hope anyone can share info before I call to book, I wanted to make sure I had some knowledge of what would be offered.

Thanks

Sorry I have so many questions today...we are two weeks out and I keep thinking of things to ask!!

1) My parents have FL resident vouchers which need to be exchanged for actual tickets. Is there a place at the Swan/Dolphin where they can do that or will they need to wait until we get to our first park?

2) If we want to take a cab somewhere on property, is there usually a line of them at the resort entrance or do we need to plan ahead and order one in advance?

3) Can anyone recommend a car service that I could arrange to pick us up at the airport. And approx. cost?

Thanks!

Does the Swan/Dolphin have movies outside in the evening? Is it every evening? I've seem some posts on their FB page, but I can't tell if its a nightly occurrence or not. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out in advance what movies are showing when?
They do have movies, though not sure if every night.

Hey all new on here sry if already answered in thread, I read alot of pages and couldnt seem to find an answer.

How many spg points is a suite at either swan or dolphin. I am not interested in the alcove, just any type of suite to separate a guest on the sofa and a guest in the actual bedroom. We are booking this for next october so I hope a year is enough time to get a suite. The thing is grandma who snores will be joining me and my toddler. We also have the option of staying at the sheraton and I think they have studio suites, but my toddler loves the boardwalk area and I wanted to stay closer this time.

Also not sure if cash and points are an option for a suite.. and from their website I cant tell how many diff types of suites there are. I hope anyone can share info before I call to book, I wanted to make sure I had some knowledge of what would be offered.

Thanks
Here are the various suites.

http://swandolphin.com/accommodations/suites.html

Is there a certain number of days that they hold these blocks of rooms for? Like 60 or 30 days?
Not sure, but someone else here may have an idea.

Sorry I have so many questions today...we are two weeks out and I keep thinking of things to ask!!

1) My parents have FL resident vouchers which need to be exchanged for actual tickets. Is there a place at the Swan/Dolphin where they can do that or will they need to wait until we get to our first park?

2) If we want to take a cab somewhere on property, is there usually a line of them at the resort entrance or do we need to plan ahead and order one in advance?

3) Can anyone recommend a car service that I could arrange to pick us up at the airport. And approx. cost?

Thanks!
There are Disney ticket desks at both the Swan and the Dolphin
There are cabs and limos.
I have used both Tiffany as well as the S/D limo service.

http://www.tiffanytowncar.com/

http://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

S/D limo was a bit more expensive. Both services are excellent.

Thanks

I have always stayed at a suite at the Swan or Dolphin. What you are describing is the executive suite, with a normal hotel room attached to a parlor. The parlor has a pull out couch (Swan) or Murphy bed (Dolphin), a wet bar, and it's own bathroom. Previously, the "parlor" part of the suite cost the same Starpoints as a regular room (10,000), so for 120K points I could get a 2 bedroom suite with parlor for 5 days (5th day free). It was awesome. About two years ago, they stopped allowing Starpoints to be used to upgrade to a suite. They will allow you to book a standard room, then for an additional $200/night they will book the adjacent "parlor". Not sure if they will allow you to book 2 rooms on starpoints so you can get the 2 BDR suite for $200.

For my next visit in 2016, I have booked 2 standard rooms, and I requested connecting rooms which they said they will honor. Just don't feel the parlor part is worth it anymore, given the additional cost of the room/parking fee/resort fee/etc.

I just booked my flights for our next year stay at the S/D in july
I decided to book two standard connecting rooms, but have not booked the room yet because I am waiting for the conference discount to come out
I have never stayed in the S/D, but since I have to be at a conference it made much more sense to stay there and take advantage of the conference rate. I have a couple of questions about the rooms:
- what is better, the swan or the doplhin? is there a difference in terms of price?
- how good are they in honoring requests for connecting rooms?
- It is my understanding all rooms have refrigerators, is that right? can you fit a gallon of milk from garden grocer there? I was planning on havign breakfast in the room most days
- Is there any way to heat up water? do they provide a coffee maker?
- what kind of activities are there for children 5 an under? It is likely that the days I have to work the grandmas (yes both grandmas are coming to take care of the kids) will not want to go to the parks
Thanks for any feedback

I just booked my flights for our next year stay at the S/D in july
I decided to book two standard connecting rooms, but have not booked the room yet because I am waiting for the conference discount to come out
I have never stayed in the S/D, but since I have to be at a conference it made much more sense to stay there and take advantage of the conference rate. I have a couple of questions about the rooms:
- what is better, the swan or the doplhin? is there a difference in terms of price?
- how good are they in honoring requests for connecting rooms?
- It is my understanding all rooms have refrigerators, is that right? can you fit a gallon of milk from garden grocer there? I was planning on havign breakfast in the room most days
- Is there any way to heat up water? do they provide a coffee maker?
- what kind of activities are there for children 5 an under? It is likely that the days I have to work the grandmas (yes both grandmas are coming to take care of the kids) will not want to go to the parks
Thanks for any feedback

The Swan is my preference. It has two sinks, and despite the slightly smaller rooms, has queen beds (Dolphin has double). It was just totally renovated. Dolphin not yet.
Price, depends, but usually Swan tends to be a few dollars more. I always have used Starpoints so don't pay.
They do offer a deal with guaranteed connecting rooms (something Disney resorts do not offer). Call and ask.
They provide small coffee makers and coffee. If you need more, like any hotel, find a maid cart and ask!
Garden Grocer is banned from delivering to the Swan and Dolphin. You can buy milk at the resort I believe but also the Screen Door General Store at the Boardwalk is a short walk, as is the Hess gas station.
I've never used any activities, but they do seem to offer some sort of day care for folks dining in the evening. I think that you can contact outside agencies for nannies. Never used.
Hope this helps!

I am chaperoning a student group that arrives at the Dolphin November 11-14. My family are long time Disney fans and usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge. I've never stayed in the Epcot area, what advice can you give us? Anything special happening in this resort area during those dates? We will be there for the High School Journalism convention and have 2 1/2 days in the parks. I can't wait!!

I'm there with a group of students for this convention, too! We have 34 total in our group and I was so relieved to get all of our fastpasses booked for all of us. This is the third JEA/NSPA convention that I have chaperoned students for and have been so excited for this year because it is in WDW. :-)

The Swan is my preference. It has two sinks, and despite the slightly smaller rooms, has queen beds (Dolphin has double). It was just totally renovated. Dolphin not yet.
Price, depends, but usually Swan tends to be a few dollars more. I always have used Starpoints so don't pay.
They do offer a deal with guaranteed connecting rooms (something Disney resorts do not offer). Call and ask.
They provide small coffee makers and coffee. If you need more, like any hotel, find a maid cart and ask!
Garden Grocer is banned from delivering to the Swan and Dolphin. You can buy milk at the resort I believe but also the Screen Door General Store at the Boardwalk is a short walk, as is the Hess gas station.
I've never used any activities, but they do seem to offer some sort of day care for folks dining in the evening. I think that you can contact outside agencies for nannies. Never used.
Hope this helps!
Do they let amazon deliver at the S/D, I will be travelling with a baby and it will be much easier to get diapers, wipes and baby food delivered to the hotel
It really sucks that they don't let Garden Grocer deliver

Do they let amazon deliver at the S/D, I will be travelling with a baby and it will be much easier to get diapers, wipes and baby food delivered to the hotel
Yes, but there are receiving charges. Best to call the business center there first to find the rates.

Just curious - why did they ban Garden Grocer??

Just curious - why did they ban Garden Grocer??

I'm not sure, but it may be to promote the use of their delivery service of a few items into your room fridge (and the price of these is actually pretty reasonable). Still, it's disappointing. They haven't allowed GG deliveries for years.

For those past their 60 day mark, what exactly should it say on my disney experience for my swan reservation? mine shows the confirmation number, check in and check out date with the number of guests listed below. all info is correct. but, it says it has difficulties showing additional details about the reservation. will i be ok to book my fast pasts???

i emailed guest services about deliveries. here is the response i got from them. hope it helps you!!

My name is Shelby and I am one of the Guest Service Agents at the Swan and Dolphin Resort. We have a business center on property that handles all mail deliveries. You may send the package here and the business center will store your package(s) up to 30 days before your arrival.

It is very important that you address the package to the name on your reservation, so that when it arrives we can find the matching recipient in our system. The business center will store the package up to 7 days prior to your arrival; every day after the 7th day will be $5 per package.

Handling fees apply per package and are based on weight. 1-10lbs is $6 and 11-50lbs is $10, and so forth.

Address the package as such:

Attention to [First & Last name on the reservation] Walt Disney Dolphin Hotel
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32830

If the package arrives before you do, they will notify you at the time of check in that there will be a package for you to pick up. Business center hours are 7am-7pm.
I would like to make you aware of when using the US Postal Service, as there can be a delay in your shipment. This is due to the way the mail is routed and distributed onto Disney’s property. For this reason, please plan accordingly if utilizing the Postal Service when shipping packages to the resort.

Also, if shipping to the Swan, make sure to use address of 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd. Also, a good tip is to put your arrival date in the address and that you are a guest.

Like:

Dan Murphy (guest) arrival 10/10/15
Swan Hotel
1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830

I'm not sure, but it may be to promote the use of their delivery service of a few items into your room fridge (and the price of these is actually pretty reasonable). Still, it's disappointing. They haven't allowed GG deliveries for years.

Thanks everyone for the responses
It seems I will have to pay 6-10 dollars to get delivery from amazon, but it is not that bad

Just curious, where can I find the prices for their delivery service? I wil probably neeed some milk, water etc to help with breakfast in the morning. I can bring cereal, but cannot bring milk. Also, my DS (5) is picky, so I will like to be able to make PB&J just in case he won't eat anything else

For those past their 60 day mark, what exactly should it say on my disney experience for my swan reservation? mine shows the confirmation number, check in and check out date with the number of guests listed below. all info is correct. but, it says it has difficulties showing additional details about the reservation. will i be ok to book my fast pasts???

I get the same message on MDE... called Disney about it last week and the person I spoke to said that message shows up for everyone booked at the Swan/Dolphin and there aren't any other details to display. He said it wouldn't be an issue booking Fastpasses, but I'm not past the 60 day mark yet so I can't confirm.

I get the same message on MDE... called Disney about it last week and the person I spoke to said that message shows up for everyone booked at the Swan/Dolphin and there aren't any other details to display. He said it wouldn't be an issue booking Fastpasses, but I'm not past the 60 day mark yet so I can't confirm.
This is exactly what I posted a few weeks ago. However, our trip is right around the corner and we had no problems booking our FPs. Hope that helps allay the fears everyone seems to have about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter