• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Great news! I did finally get a call back from Lisette this evening and when I told her that I had called in and spoken to Kay the day before and that I was told 24-48 hours Lisette asked me to log in and check it now and miracle of miracles it is correct. Just as Kay indicated, no need to list the individual names, just be sure the ressie has the correct number of adults and children then match them up against your friends and family list! Tadaaaah - we are linked and ready to book FP when our 60 day window opens - well, we will be as soon as I buy our tickets from UT. Did you all see my post on the other boards about the Amex/Undercover Tourist offer? $30 credit from Amex when you spend $150 at UT. You have to see the offer on your Amex account and save it to your card(s). I was able to open up 3 windows and link it to all 3 of my Amex cards so we will save $90 on our tickets! Having a good day...

Now to figure out our FP game plan!!!!!!

Excellent!

I'm headed to the Swan in about 2.5 weeks and have a few questions. I'm not seeing an obvious place to get a quick breakfast in the morning - can anyone make a recommendation? Either at Swan or Dolphin?

Do the buses to MK stop at Dolphin or Swan first? Is it more beneficial to wait at one stop versus the other?

How long is the boat ride to EPCOT? I'm trying to gauge how much time we will need to get to World Showcase for a dinner reservation in the evening.

Thanks so much!

I'm headed to the Swan in about 2.5 weeks and have a few questions. I'm not seeing an obvious place to get a quick breakfast in the morning - can anyone make a recommendation? Either at Swan or Dolphin?

Do the buses to MK stop at Dolphin or Swan first? Is it more beneficial to wait at one stop versus the other?

How long is the boat ride to EPCOT? I'm trying to gauge how much time we will need to get to World Showcase for a dinner reservation in the evening.

Thanks so much!

Great question about breakfast, I'm interested in the answer too. Also to piggyback on that - where can we get Mickey waffles?

Thanks so much!
The park buses stop at the Swan before the Dolphin, and your chances of getting a seat are better at the Swan, too.

The boat ride is about 25 minutes from the Studios to Epcot, and about 8 minutes of that is to the Swan/Dolphin. So - figure 15-20 minutes by boat from the Swan/Dolphin to Epcot, plus waiting time. It's faster for me to walk in ~ 10-15 minutes.

There are breakfast food items in the lobby of the Swan, but I have never eaten there. I usually eat something in my room to tide me over until I get to a park, or I have a real breakfast somewhere.

The park buses stop at the Swan before the Dolphin, and your chances of getting a seat are better at the Swan, too.

The boat ride is about 25 minutes from the Studios to Epcot, and about 8 minutes of that is to the Swan/Dolphin. So - figure 15-20 minutes by boat from the Swan/Dolphin to Epcot, plus waiting time. It's faster for me to walk in ~ 10-15 minutes.

There are breakfast food items in the lobby of the Swan, but I have never eaten there. I usually eat something in my room to tide me over until I get to a park, or I have a real breakfast somewhere.

Thanks so much... Just a few follow up questions...

I will probably take the boat to EPCOT even if its a bit slower just because I need to save my kids' legs/feet for walking once we actually get there! :) Anyone know about how often the boats come?

Can anyone give me an idea of what the breakfast items in the lobby are? Is that at the Java bar? I'm trying to decide if I should ask my parents to bring a cooler of stuff for breakfast in their car (they are driving from FL whereas we are flying.) What is the breakfast buffet at Garden Grove like? Do we need reservations? Is it reasonabley quick?

Thanks so much... Just a few follow up questions...

I will probably take the boat to EPCOT even if its a bit slower just because I need to save my kids' legs/feet for walking once we actually get there! :) Anyone know about how often the boats come?

Can anyone give me an idea of what the breakfast items in the lobby are? Is that at the Java bar? I'm trying to decide if I should ask my parents to bring a cooler of stuff for breakfast in their car (they are driving from FL whereas we are flying.) What is the breakfast buffet at Garden Grove like? Do we need reservations? Is it reasonabley quick?
I always use the boat, but then again I am old and legs feel even older.

As for the Java Bar, I like it. Here is the Swan site link, you can see what it looks like.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html

And here is the menu.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/java-bar/all-day

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/swan-hotel/java-bar/menus/

The fruit salad is a rather large plastic cup filled with lots of great fruit...cantaloupe, watermelon, orange slices, grapes, etc. Pretty sure they also have bagels.

Garden Grove buffet is a really complete buffet. As with all buffets, it is as quick as you make it. Reservations are not typically needed. I've eaten there, it is good.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/garden-grove-cafe/breakfast

As for the Java Bar, I like it. Here is the Swan site link, you can see what it looks like.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html

And here is the menu.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/java-bar/all-day

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/swan-hotel/java-bar/menus/

The fruit salad is a rather large plastic cup filled with lots of great fruit...cantaloupe, watermelon, orange slices, grapes, etc. Pretty sure they also have bagels.
Other than the fruit and yogurt, it's your typical sugary, carb-laden, good-tasting junk food! :teeth: I avoid it.

Other than the fruit and yogurt, it's your typical sugary, carb-laden, good-tasting junk food! :teeth: I avoid it.
Ha - I looked at the pictures and my kids will love it for exactly that reason...me, not so much! I will tell my parents to bring some healthier stuff for them for sure.

Next question...I have reservations at Captain's Grille one night and at Chef de France another night and I'm thinking of cancelling them just so that I'm not beholden to a schedule every night. I'm also worried about getting back from a day at the parks and then having to head out for a sit down dinner with my kids (5.5 and almost 8). Getting back over to EPCOT seems like a bit of a headache, especially with Food and Wine going on (although our reservation is on a Monday.) Are the quick service (Picabu) and pool bar (Splash, Cabana) options decent enough for dinners at the hotel? Thanks!

Last edited:
Can we get Mickey Waffles at the Dolphin? What type of QS is available for bfast in the Dolphin or in the Bwalk area?

I can answer the Picabu question..... it is a great place to relax and have a casual dinner for a tired family! We love it,it's got basic foods, but always filling and decent- AAA gets a small discount there too!

I hate to say this out loud.....:rotfl2: Boardwalk Bakery is a great breakfast stop.... back in the day when I could eat gluten it was my prime place for a coffee and a heavenly cinnamon roll!

I can answer the Picabu question..... it is a great place to relax and have a casual dinner for a tired family! We love it,it's got basic foods, but always filling and decent- AAA gets a small discount there too!
An addon to this reply, the AAA discount at the quick service locations, Picabu included, is 10%. But also be aware that a 13% service charge is added on to Picabu meals. That is to cover tipping, which many people did not ante up in the past. Even though it is a buffet type venue (not truly buffet, but you do carry your plates to the table), staff does clean up after you and will bring you things if needed.

We are looking at a December trip and I see that the dates we want are sold out at both the Swan and Dolphin due to a huge credit union conference.

Do they put any of these rooms back into regular inventory? I did look at the credit unions website and they also state the hotels are sold out.

And 2 weeks from tomm. we will finally be at the Swan. Good bye blood clot and hello Swan!! (had to cancel the May trip)

This thread is fantastic, and I hope I'm not repeating a question. I tried to sift through many pages. Will FP+ open at 60 days? If I sign in now, it looks like it's only open until 11/5. Is there something wrong with my reservation? Thanks!

Thanks. It just seems like the window should be open from 60 days from now. It's odd and stressing me out. :)

Thanks. It just seems like the window should be open from 60 days from now. It's odd and stressing me out. :)

You have a linked reservation so the window will open 60 days prior to your check in date. 12:01am ET.

ETA - If you have linked tickets only and no linked hotel (staying offsite or not booked yet) then yes it would be a rolling 30 days from now.

We are looking at a December trip and I see that the dates we want are sold out at both the Swan and Dolphin due to a huge credit union conference.

Do they put any of these rooms back into regular inventory? I did look at the credit unions website and they also state the hotels are sold out.

And 2 weeks from tomm. we will finally be at the Swan. Good bye blood clot and hello Swan!! (had to cancel the May trip)
Hi Mary.

Yes, often rooms not booked do come back into inventory. Have a great trip.

Just went through the same stress a month ago - it works out! As long as your reservation is linked in MDE and you have the tickets linked as well, the window will change from 30 to 60 days literally at 12:00AM 60 days out. Also note it will open 60 days from your check in date. I almost missed my day because I was counting 60 days from our first day at the parks, which is a day after we check in. Not a huge deal but I wouldn't have gotten A&E and SDMT if I hadn't realized it in the nick of time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter