Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me if the Dolphin has completed its renovations yet? When I booked on the phone for this October she said they were almost complete now and would certainly be done by October. Can anyone give some insight into this? Also I will be arriving at the airport solo so what may be my best option to get to the hotel? Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me if the Dolphin has completed its renovations yet? When I booked on the phone for this October she said they were almost complete now and would certainly be done by October. Can anyone give some insight into this? Also I will be arriving at the airport solo so what may be my best option to get to the hotel? Thanks in advance

This is the first I heard that they would "definitely" be done by October, but I hope you are correct! Staying at the Dolphin in Dec...

Yes that is the info given to me by the reservationists directly at the S/D. I asked this question because I have asthma and cannot be in a room that may have mold or mildew smell as some past posters have indicated. Hoping they do give out truthful information to callers. Would much rather have just booked at the Swan but the Dolphin was cheaper and with her answer ro my question as a yes I went with it. Maybe someone who is there now or just left may be able to give some more details.

Hi All -- just booked our first visit to the Dolphin -- we are planning 8 or 9 nights (2/24-3/5), but unfortunately, 2 days were unbookable in the middle of our stay, so for now, I booked 4 nights and 3 night on either end, and will keep an eye on reservations for the middle nights (and will do a split stay elsewhere if needed). Surprised to see 2 nights in the middle of the week not available! Fingers crossed that they open up, since I think we would be eligible for a free 5th night!

We have SPG points to use, so I booked using those (my husband is Gold right now, but will probably be platinum by the time we travel) - any opinions on whether booking the Dolphin or Swan is better in terms of getting a balcony? We have little ones, so having a balcony to relax at night after bedtime is important to us!

I'm new to using points, but it seems like whenever I check the room I want it is available only some days of the week I want. Those days constantly change. Is this typical?

I was also curious to see what the best way to book is. We have 66,000 points. So I have enough for 6 nights plus hoping to get a free one. However, if there's not 7 consecutive days available, should I just book three days and then another three days with a gap in the middle. Could I pay cash for that day in the middle? Any chance it will open up?

I'm looking at week of June 18th.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling. I just find it confusing.

Fifth night free must be consecutive, so you can't break it up like that.

Keep checking, as things may open up. They may have blocks of rooms set aside for large groups or conventions that will be released later if not filled.

I'm new to using points, but it seems like whenever I check the room I want it is available only some days of the week I want. Those days constantly change. Is this typical?

I was also curious to see what the best way to book is. We have 66,000 points. So I have enough for 6 nights plus hoping to get a free one. However, if there's not 7 consecutive days available, should I just book three days and then another three days with a gap in the middle. Could I pay cash for that day in the middle? Any chance it will open up?

I'm looking at week of June 18th.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling. I just find it confusing.
The website only shows standard rooms. I would call spg and see if they have any of the upgraded rooms available. I'm not sure but I think the next level up at the dolphin is 11,000 per night and if they have that room for 7 nights you would have enough points. If I'm wrong and it's 11,500 points you would need to buy 3,000 points which I think is around $90 but might be worth it to you to lock your room in and stop thinking about it.

I don't care for the balconies either. They're pretty small. I was talking to someone in reservations one day and she said the main floor rooms with patios go quickly. People book them because they think you can smoke there. Or because it's easier access to the DSAs something like that. I didn't get the entire gist of what she was saying. But the main theme I took away is that these rooms are in demand. So you might want to request them early.

So this is a requestable category, or can you book it, and I just don't see it because there are none left?

So this is a requestable category, or can you book it, and I just don't see it because there are none left?
You can book it. It's just not possible to book it yourself online. Only standard rooms are available online. So you have to call spg. I was just talking to spg about my reservations and I asked about the room types on points.

Dolphin

Traditional room 10,000 points per night (bookable online)

Deluxe balcony room (resort view) 11,000 points per night

Swan

Traditional room (low season) 12,000 points (bookable online)

Deluxe balcony room (resort view) (low season) 13,500 points

Most category 5 properties (the Swan is one) are subject to higher point redemptions during high season but I'm not sure when their high season is.

You can book it. It's just not possible to book it yourself online. Only standard rooms are available online. So you have to call spg. I was just talking to spg about my reservations and I asked about the room types on points.

Dolphin

Traditional room 10,000 points per night (bookable online)

Deluxe balcony room (resort view) 11,000 points per night

Swan

Traditional room (low season) 12,000 points (bookable online)

Deluxe balcony room (resort view) (low season) 13,500 points

Most category 5 properties (the Swan is one) are subject to higher point redemptions during high season but I'm not sure when their high season is.

If calling to book the balcony room using Starpoints, is it best to call the hotel directly or call SPG?

Two questions: if we aren't renting a car and are flying into the Orlando airport, what's the easiest way to get to the S/D? Is there free transportation, or is cab/uber my only option? Also, anyone know what the typical nurse discount is, and when to look for it for a Jan 2017 trip? Haven't stayed here before, but I think it would be perfect for our family this time.

Last edited:
Hi all! Are there any rooms at the Swan and Dolphin that could comfortably sleep 5--2 adults and 3 children (ages 8, 6, and almost 3)? Also, does anyone know when the Educator Discount usually becomes available? We are hoping to travel October 2017. Thank you for your help!

We stayed in an Alcove Room and they allowed us a roll away. We had 2 adults in the king bed, 2 girls on the tollway ( pulled the mattress out and put it on the floor), and a third adult on the roll away.

Two questions: if we aren't renting a car and are flying into the Orlando airport, what's the easiest way to get to the S/D? Is there free transportation, or is cab/uber my only option? Also, anyone know what the typical nurse discount is, and when to look for it for a Jan 2017 trip? Haven't stayed here before, but I think it would be perfect for our family this time.

Hi if you look back to page 130 on this thread, there are transportation options given. I tried to copy and paste them to you, but I can't from my phone.

I'm not sure about the Nurse Discount though. Sorry!

Hi if you look back to page 130 on this thread, there are transportation options given. I tried to copy and paste them to you, but I can't from my phone.

I'm not sure about the Nurse Discount though. Sorry!

Thanks! Will do now. Yeah, I didn't wade through the whole thread. Appreciate your help!

Hi all! Are there any rooms at the Swan and Dolphin that could comfortably sleep 5--2 adults and 3 children (ages 8, 6, and almost 3)? Also, does anyone know when the Educator Discount usually becomes available? We are hoping to travel October 2017. Thank you for your help!
Traditional rooms with 2 double beds at the dolphin will accommodate 5 while the traditional room with 2 queens at the swan accommodate 4 so the dolphin might be an option if all you need is a traditional room.

I don't think there is a usual time that teachers discounts come out. You're just more likely to find it when occupancy levels are lower. So if there isn't anything big going on during your dates it might be available.

My son is a nurse and we did a mother/son trip two years ago I think. If I remember the nurses discount is only available at the Dolphin and I think we called the hotel directly because he wanted to know about what proof of employment to bring.
He brought a copy of his license and they didnt even ask for it when we checked in.
I dont know when to look or request it for your time frame. My son only has a schedule a month or two in advance if that and people are always trying to switch shifts with him anyway.

I would check out your dates ahead of time. You can always book if its a refundable rate and to make sure there is not a large conference that would limit rooms.

Transportation - we use Tiffany Towncar since they do a grocery stop and we just do a quick stop at the Speedway by the resort.
Uber is much cheaper although we have never used them.

My son is a nurse and we did a mother/son trip two years ago I think. If I remember the nurses discount is only available at the Dolphin and I think we called the hotel directly because he wanted to know about what proof of employment to bring.
He brought a copy of his license and they didnt even ask for it when we checked in.
I dont know when to look or request it for your time frame. My son only has a schedule a month or two in advance if that and people are always trying to switch shifts with him anyway.

I would check out your dates ahead of time. You can always book if its a refundable rate and to make sure there is not a large conference that would limit rooms.

Transportation - we use Tiffany Towncar since they do a grocery stop and we just do a quick stop at the Speedway by the resort.
Uber is much cheaper although we have never used them.
Thank you for this helpful info!

We stayed in an Alcove Room and they allowed us a tollway. We had 2 adults in the king bed, 2 girls on the tollway ( pulled the mattress out and put it on the floor), and a third adult on the roll away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter