Walt Disney Co buys Lucasfilm

:rotfl: I would much rather see this than Avatarland ...and I don't even care for Star Wars that much.

while I agree id rather have a Star Wars Land made ( especially now that its an official Disney property ) than an avatar land, I just dont see it working with Animal Kingdom that well.

But no matter what I will be extremely happy if AK and HS gets major upgrades
they really really need it.

:rotfl: I would much rather see this than Avatarland...and I don't even care for Star Wars that much.

perhaps...but you would be very much in the minority....

star wars managed a following for almost 20 years between movies...before digital media, the internet, and widespread tv/movie options...

that is why its a juggernaut.

if new material is made WELL...it would appeal to everyone from age 2 to 60...

thats why they shelled out for it.

perhaps...but you would be very much in the minority....

star wars managed a following for almost 20 years between movies...before digital media, the internet, and widespread tv/movie options...

that is why its a juggernaut.

if new material is made WELL...it would appeal to everyone from age 2 to 60...

thats why they shelled out for it.

yes I'm aware that I am in the minority. I understand that Star Wars has a very large following. I never said I didn't like it nor did I say I was against this at all. I don't even dislike the movies, I just don't understand all the excitement around them (and I'll be the first to admit that I'm a pretty big nerd. Heck my favourite television show is Battlestar Galactica
cylon_newanime001.gif
.) I'm just stating I'm much more behind this than an Avatarland because Avatarland is ridiculious...and yes I know Star Wars doesn't really fit into Animal Kingdom, it was a joke.

Actually, Disney will own the rights to Indiana Jones now as well. They can build a IJ land in AK instead of Avatar and I would be totally down with that. A Star Wars Land in DHS would be fine.

There is no doubt that this was a big "screw you and your intellectual property" to Cameron vis a vis Avatar. I mean come on, someone clearly said "Okay James, we don't really need this crap from you... we're just gonna... I dunno... buy STAR WARS!" and they did... :)

Actually, Disney will own the rights to Indiana Jones now as well. They can build a IJ land in AK instead of Avatar and I would be totally down with that. A Star Wars Land in DHS would be fine.
How would an IJ land fit in AK? I don't see it.

And as part of the deal, this will add more Star Wars feature films:yoda::darth::chewy:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...20121030?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=76
~Wow! Disney is not holding back. Between the Marvel film franchise, and now Star Wars, Disney will rake in a ton of cash! It's very exciting for movie goers, too. :goodvibes

Gigantic news...

i can't even form a thought...but i know its big

so many good/bad angles on this
~I can't see any bad angles with this move. Star Wars has a HUGE fan base, with successful attractions and features in both resorts. I think it's a win win. :goodvibes

Wow...the whole shebang...

ILM, the patents, the merchandise cut...everything.

I would assume that george lucas would automatically walk onto the board of directors..a la steve jobs...or have some kind of "creative consultant" role that allows him to steer movies/themeparks/digital content in his preferred direction without the stress and with the mouse's gigantic piggybank...

still stunned...

the marvel was bold...this is beyond aggressive. obviously their intent is to control all IP worth a dime.

...and so it goes.

Granted...the last ten years of lucasfilm has absolutely sucked....from top to bottom. But the cash grab, terrible story lines, and obviously stress on one george lucas can be put to rest.

Just WOW
~Seriously, I really hope Disney keeps George Lucas as a consultant, that would be AWESOME!!! I totally agree that this move is beyond aggressive. I think this is a genius move for Disney. I hope Disney will continue with AVATARland, I loved the leaked plans for AK, those two attractions were awesome, so we'll see. People have been dreaming about Star Wars land for decades, its going to be a HUGE success! I LOVE the idea of AVATAR in AK & Star Wars in DHS!!! :goodvibes

How would an IJ land fit in AK? I don't see it.
~I totally agree, I don't see it, either. :goodvibes

I'm excited to see what this means for Star Tours and perhaps future Star Wars related attractions in the parks! :)

Star Wars is too big for a "land". It needs a whole park. Just look at HP. It was so popular that they're expanding into a second park already. Star Wars is probably the only brand that could not only match, but actually top HP. People are talking about what an amazing world Disney could build from Avatar. Star Wars has infinitely more potential.

How about Disney's Galactic Kingdom?

Imagine the possibilities. :)

Possibilities are one thing, practicality is another. The Orlando economics do not justify a 5th major gate until the existing 4 parks are starting to suffer capacity problems. And they're not.

So, for WDW, it's a question of how and where to fit Star Wars into the existing parks. For other Disney locations around the world, it may (or may not) make sense to have a separate Star Wars park.

Star Wars is too big for a "land". It needs a whole park. Just look at HP. It was so popular that they're expanding into a second park already. Star Wars is probably the only brand that could not only match, but actually top HP. People are talking about what an amazing world Disney could build from Avatar. Star Wars has infinitely more potential.

How about Disney's Galactic Kingdom?

Imagine the possibilities. :)

I don't think that's a good idea, especially with Future World and Tomorrowland. Now, changing some existing attractions to be Star Wars themed or adding mroe Star Wars to Hollywood Studios would be a good idea...then again I think Wall-E needs to be represented first.

I don't think that's a good idea, especially with Future World and Tomorrowland. Now, changing some existing attractions to be Star Wars themed or adding mroe Star Wars to Hollywood Studios would be a good idea.................

Yeah a whole park would be a bad idea, but a whole land at DHS would be awesome !

I wish DHS would get an Star Wars Land and a Cars Land and then throw in a Indiana Jones ride. That park would quickly become one of my favorites then. Right now, the way it is, It sucks IMVHO

Yeah a whole park would be a bad idea, but a whole land at DHS would be awesome !

I wish DHS would get an Star Wars Land and a Cars Land and then throw in a Indiana Jones ride. That park would quickly become one of my favorites then. Right now, the way it is, It sucks IMVHO

Rumor has it DHS is the next to get an update. Makes sense since Avatarland is on the backburner, Magic Kingdom has New Fantasyland and Epcot has new test track now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter