WALMART VS SAM's CLUB

I have Sam's memebrship. I did not have to pay for it because I am on my brother's account. I don't shop there often because i am a family of one..just me. But my Sam's has a gas station so i use that often. I have not been in the store in a long time, maybe I should go and snoop around :)

kuusimo said:
You can always ask your employer to sign up and then you sign up under them. I know my former employer would have someone come to the office once a year and sign up people. You could split the cost of membership with another person in the office or get a spouse card for your spouse. There is no cost to the employer to do this. Talk to your HR department.

When we signed up for our business membership, my DH had to provide a EIN and a business check. So you do need to provide some proof that you are a business.
Thanks. I am doing occasional contract work, no HR dept. Maybe I can talk my husband into getting one at work. He is not fond of doing stuff like that though. Oh well.

We're lucky our Sam's & super Walmart are right next to each other, can pick up the best of both in one trip.:banana:

On my way to Sam's today to pick up a cheesecake variety pack they offer for Mom's bd, excellent & economical. I'll also pick up the 24 pk of cupcakes...DH & DSs will make short work of them.

All their bakery products are fresh & cheap...I tend to split the giant bags of buns, crossiants & freeze them.

Carry a pretty good potato sald & chicken salad in ref. section too. Also buy my bacon in bult & split/freeze.

There meats are more expensive but, better quality...have real butchers. Pick up giant pkgs of chicken wings...probably 1/2 price or more of retail.

Walmart has very reasonably priced deli, cut to order but, sooooo slow.

I've had problems w/their meat (steaks were green underneath & stunk once I brought them home). Also have store brand OJ w/calcium that's a value.

That said, I wish they'd put a Costco in near us...esp. for travel deals....would drop Sam's in a min. Costco has comparable products & their pizza's much better.

I've had problems w/their meat (steaks were green underneath & stunk once I brought them home). Also have store brand OJ w/calcium that's a value

No way! Save that receipt and freeze them until you get back to the store. I have done that before and they are so good about returns, no questions asked.

I have had problems with Sams milk going bad before the exp date. It happend several times, throwing away about a quart out of a gallon. So when I thought it added up to a gallon, I brought one of the containers back with the bad quart in the bottom and sure enough, they replaced the gallon.

Learn your prices at both stores. Some items on sale at WalMart and other stores are less. My daughter and two friends buy in bulk at Sam's and split the cost. Works well for them. I enjoy having a Sam's Club Card. I am retired and have the time to go just to browse and pass time. Luck up on some terrific deals sometime, especially at the holiday season. Happy Shopping!!!!

Muushka said:
No way! Save that receipt and freeze them until you get back to the store. I have done that before and they are so good about returns, no questions asked.

I have had problems with Sams milk going bad before the exp date. It happend several times, throwing away about a quart out of a gallon. So when I thought it added up to a gallon, I brought one of the containers back with the bad quart in the bottom and sure enough, they replaced the gallon.

That's a procedural problem that can happen at any store, but the larger the store the more likely it is to happen.

Why it happens is this: Milk products come to the store on forklift palletes, along with tons of other referigerated and frozen stuff. The palletes are brought into the store's warehouse area from teh truck and stacked temporarily until room is cleared in the walk-in referigerators and freezers (the new stuff has to go into the back so it will be rotated).

The bigger the store, and the bigger the shipment, the more time it takes for the stockers to move stuff around and get the cold stuff into the walk-ins. Theoretically, milk products should be given priority, especially on hot summer days when the loading dock doors are open and the warehouse gets hot, but some stores are less careful, and the milk sits out for a while before getting put away.

This does not spoil the milk immediately. The milk is still good by the time it reaches the walk-ins - but that time spent in a hot warehouse reduces its overall shelf life, resulting in milt that will spoil long before its sell-by date.

If your milk spoils early every time, you should make the store managers aware of the problem, so that they can get on the warehouse crew and get the milk put away quicker. Make sure you return the spoiled milk every time; if they start to lose money because of bad warehouse practices, they will be more likely to correct the practices.

If your milk spoils early every time, you should make the store managers aware of the problem, so that they can get on the warehouse crew and get the milk put away quicker. Make sure you return the spoiled milk every time; if they start to lose money because of bad warehouse practices, they will be more likely to correct the practices.

Yes it does spoil early, but probably about every other time. I did make management aware of the problem and wrote a letter also. No, I am not going to bring back each and every gallon of milk that spoils. They take up too much room in the refrig and the time it takes to wait in line to return it is just not worth it. :guilty: Like I said, periodically I return a quart.

I have gotten into the habit of buying it from BJs instead. Less trouble!

But you are right, I should make a pain of myself to 'encourage' improvement! :thumbsup2

Muushka said:

:thumbsup2 IMO it's the only way store mgmt. will know there's a problem.

Unfortunately, the steaks from walmart were intended for a cook out for company & I had to have everyone wait while I ran back to store to buy more (it was fine but, have been afraid to take the chance since).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter