Walmart Return Policy. Ugh!

scbelleatheart

DIS Veteran
I bought DS an Ipad on Black Friday. Gave it to him for Xmas and he doesn't really want it so I was going to return it.
I can't even though it is unopened and I have the receipt. Their policy is 15 days on electronics.
There should be a GIANT sign in electronics about this policy.
Needless to say, no more purchases in that department.

That stinks. Black Friday purchases should be returnable into January.

Oh, I know what you mean. I went through the same thing with my son's Nexus 7. I asked the lady at the customer service desk if it says anywhere that there is a 15 day return policy. She turned around and read the entire board, then turned back to me and said, "Huh, I guess not. But let me call electronics for you and see what they say. Yep, they said it's 15 days"

Sucks!!!

I looked on walmart's website and it states if you purchase a item between November 1 and December 24 you have 15 days from December 26 so you would have until January 10th. It is their holiday return policy. It applies to electronics that are normally 15 days. Try searching their website and maybe you could print it out when you try and return it.
Hope that helps.

and this is why I have ceased shopping at Walmart for the most part (well for this reason and some others). They have really gone downhill over the years in their customer service.

I looked on walmart's website and it states if you purchase a item between November 1 and December 24 you have 15 days from December 26 so you would have until January 10th. It is their holiday return policy. It applies to electronics that are normally 15 days. Try searching their website and maybe you could print it out when you try and return it.
Hope that helps.

exactly - dh works at Wal-Mart and mentioned that extended policy to me (I bought my dad an Ipad too).

Go in and talk to a manager if necessary. Also you can call 1 800 Wal-Mart and talk to a rep there. They should be able to get someone from your store to call you back and make it right (you'd still have to bring it in but you could have a name to throw around).

exactly - dh works at Wal-Mart and mentioned that extended policy to me (I bought my dad an Ipad too).

Go in and talk to a manager if necessary. Also you can call 1 800 Wal-Mart and talk to a rep there. They should be able to get someone from your store to call you back and make it right (you'd still have to bring it in but you could have a name to throw around).

Good Luck talking to a rep at the 800 number. I tried for months to get resolution from them before giving up in frustration. I was either transferred a bunch of times or their systems were down. Never did find anyone helpful.

just another in a long line of reasons not to do business with the evil empire.

what happened after you went back again... we avoid that store at all costs. Target is so much cleaner, better selection and easier to deal with all around.

Evidently last year I returned a few of my daughters duplicate toys to target- no receipt. Tried to return a video game that she already had-unopened, just wanted to exchange for another game she did not have- they turned me away because the total of the returns almost a year apart was over 75.

I went to gamestop and literally 5 minutes later completed the exchange and had the game she wanted.

Evidently last year I returned a few of my daughters duplicate toys to target- no receipt. Tried to return a video game that she already had-unopened, just wanted to exchange for another game she did not have- they turned me away because the total of the returns almost a year apart was over 75.

I went to gamestop and literally 5 minutes later completed the exchange and had the game she wanted.

That is Target's policy just as Walmart has a limit on returns without receipts as well. Target gives gift receipts to help keep you from running into situations like this.

I'm not sure what this means. The total was over $75? Or 75 items? With or without receipt(s)? Thank you.

Target only allows 2 returns without receipt per person (with ID) per calendar year now I think.

I returned 2 gifts to WM, one with a gift receipt and one with no receipt.

They were both handled the same way, full refund on WM gift card.

I was a little miffed I could not get cash on the item with the gift receipt but they said no:confused3. Don't see what good it does to even have a gift receipt from there?:confused3

We also avoid WM like the plague. After fighting the crowd in there to use my gift card, I return to my car to find 3shopping carts perched on the little grass island next to my car!!! Any one of them could have rolled off and hit my car:furious: In about 20 seconds or less, I removed them all and walked them over about 10 steps to the cart corral!!! Gave them a really hard shove in there and it felt good! Can't believe even one person could be so lazy, much less 3 people in about 30 minutes!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter