Walk to WL from FW

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by julierocks, Nov 9, 2008.

1. julierocks

julierocks Mouseketeer

Is there a path to walk to WL from FW instead of waiting to take the boat? We plan on doing a quick service breakfast there some of the days we are at the Fort, but trying to figure the quickest way to get there and back to the Fort to start our day.

Also, what's the pathway of the boat that runs between the MK area resorts? Does it go: FW to WL to Grand Floridian and back to the Fort? Or does it also stop at the Poly and Contemporary? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

if you're looking for the quickest way, i'd say take the bus from the settlement depot, it goes back and forth to WL. There IS a nice paved walkway; its a nice scenic walk with no shade but on a cool day, it's pleasant and is as fast as you want it to be. you can also bike over on the paved walk way too. might be fun going OVER but harder coming back on a full stomach!:rolleyes:

4. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

There is a direct boat from FW to the MK.
    There is another boat from FW to the Contemporary, with a stop at WL.

5. julierocks

julierocks Mouseketeer

About how long of a walk is it over to WL? We're going in January, so we're not too worried about it being too hot. If you can bike, can you also take your golf cart?

6. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

I guess its about a mile on the trail (seemed like 5 miles in 95 degree august!). I am pretty sure there's a "no carts beyond this point" sign and i've never seen carts on the trail. The walk is parallel to the road that the bus takes. I guess with bikers and joggers/walkers, they want to keep the crazy cart drivers off! :rotfl:

7. Goingtoseethemouse

Goingtoseethemouse <font color=green>Fort Wilderness Is Our Home Away

It''s a little over a mile from the settlement depot. But you have to also figure in the walk from your camper/cabin to the Settlement as well! I don't see many people doing it. We go back and forth all of the time (Fort to Wilderness Lodge.) In fact we just did it last week. BUT THE ABSOLUTE fastest way is to take the bus. They say the bus comes every 10-20 minutes. It just goes back and forth all day. It will get you there in a few minutes. I have ridden that bus a hundred times and have never waited more than 10 minutes. It just always seems to be there when we need it! You know, if you walked you would probably see that bus pass you a dozen times!
    Absolutely NO Carts Past the Settlement Depot. SORRY!
    I wish...........:wizard:

8. julierocks

julierocks Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! This answers my questions. I wish FW had a quick service breakfast. The only way we can use some of our quick service is by getting breakfast at the WL. We don't want to eat breakfast in the parks. Once we enter, we can't think about food then! :yay: