Walk Me Through Activating an AP (previously purchased)

Hi there! I just activated my AP this past weekend. I bought the hard plastic vouchers at Safeway before the price increase. I took it to the ticket booth, they gave me my AP, I took that to the turnstile with my ID. Took a photo with the photo pass photographer near the Mickey floral and all was done.

OP it sounds like this will be your experience.

That's too bad. I wish I could just walk right in. I really hate getting delayed right when you get to the park. What a buzzkill

FWIW, it's all part of the process of getting an AP, and if you look at it like that, you can try to be excited about it.

I did the process at the ticket booth, and even though ticket booth stuff always takes longer than I feel it should, it was still exciting. Same a couple months later when DS and DH got to do just about the same process.

You *can* hop before you take a picture, but they will lecture you and you WILL have to show your ID. I kept forgetting to look for photographers and got the lecture at DCA when I hopped. Then I forgot there, too, and the next day got the lecture as I entered a park. I was tired of the lecture and got my picture taken asap. It's not difficult, you just have to remember to look for them, LOL.

I'm trying to figure out a way to streamline my activation process for a trip next month. I'm purchasing APs online for DW, DD5, and me. My daughter and I will be arriving at the parks the day before my wife; will I be able to exchange all three vouchers for plastic APs at the ticket booth the first day, or will my wife have to do hers separately the next day?

Mousequake said:
I'm trying to figure out a way to streamline my activation process for a trip next month. I'm purchasing APs online for DW, DD5, and me. My daughter and I will be arriving at the parks the day before my wife; will I be able to exchange all three vouchers for plastic APs at the ticket booth the first day, or will my wife have to do hers separately the next day?

I believe she'll need to do it separately, as she'll need to show ID. The exception to this would be if she had an AP recently. At least, the CM that did ours (activated vouchers in Sept, had let APs expire in May), said she could've done this for DH's AP when he didn't go in w/ us the first day in Sept when the girls and I activated ours. We didn't, though, as I had left DH's voucher with him in the room.

Thanks for the information on this - you guys rock! :thumbsup2

We are getting AP's for Christmas from my MIL and haven't had them in a long time. The picture thing was really confusing. Now I get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter