Walk ins at Be Our Guest?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tripletsmama, Nov 11, 2012.

1. tripletsmama

tripletsmama DIS Veteran

Anyone think they will be taking walk ins at the new restaurant? If so, when would it be best to arrive and check? Maybe as soon as they open?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sigepmike

sigepmike Mouseketeer

I certainly would not expect it. BOG is booked solid for almost 6 months. You could, however, keep checking online for openings. People tend to cancel reservations within a day or two.

4. hannahryan

hannahryan DIS Veteran

I had dinner there a few weeks ago. The CM at check-in said they will be taking walk ins after 7pm only. We'll see!

5. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

I would imagine they would only be taking walk ins if there are tables available and with them being booked for 6 months straight, I think chances are slim to none. They may get the occasional last minute cancellation but they aren't even officially open yet....

6. Fantasmiss

Fantasmiss DIS Veteran

Yes. We did the day before yesterday, or really we reserved a table for 3 hours later. New Fantasyland isn't officially open yet, so not crowdedl. We did 4 rounds of the mermaid ride without havng to get off two days in a row.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7. tripletsmama

tripletsmama DIS Veteran

Well we'll just have to wait and see what happens. :) We're definitely planning a counter service lunch there and we have reservations in early January, but we're hoping to try it before then.

8. WSLover

WSLover Mouseketeer

They were accepting walk-ups on Nov 2 during the last Halloween party from 7 - 8 pm. They were packed. A cast member informed us of this when were asked if we could peek inside the restaurant. They had a separate roped off area for those who wanted a peek. Because people were dining you could not go into the dining room but just stand at the doorway.

As we were walking out we decided that a chance to eat there was too good to pass up. We explained that we had already eaten and asked if we could just order appetizers and dessert. They had no problem with that. We were seated at a table in the West Wing. I am not sure if this area will be open for dinner only but it was really well-themed. I also ordered a glass of wine not realizing that this was the first alcoholic drink I was having in MK until it dawned on me later that night. We got to look around and take lots of pictures and our server even took some pictures of us. The service was outstanding and I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

9. tripletsmama

tripletsmama DIS Veteran

So maybe the best time for walk ins is actually toward the end of the seating period?

10. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

They are taking walk ins only or day of reservations made at the restaurant right now and will be doing so until November 19. If you want to go on the 19th or after you will probably have to count on someone cancelling or not showing up. It's a very large restaurant and there will likely be cancellations.

I had lunch there Sunday, during the passholder preview. All three dining rooms were open. I do not know if that will be standard procedure when they go into regular operations mode.

11. tripletsmama

tripletsmama DIS Veteran

We are looking for something in early December. We won't be devastated if we miss it, as we do have ADRs in January. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

12. tripletsmama

tripletsmama DIS Veteran

Is November 19 the official opening date?

13. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

November 19 is the first date for which they took advance reservations.

The official grand opening is December 6.

14. mfd25wife

mfd25wife DIS Veteran

I called about an ADR for next week. We are to be there 11/18-11/26. They are full for dinner, but did mention they were doing walk ins for lunch only.

15. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

That's because for lunch it's a CS so it's always walk ins.

16. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Yuppa - thats because lunch is CS only.....

17. mfd25wife

mfd25wife DIS Veteran

I think I worded it incorrectly. The cast member I was speaking with didn't think walk-ups would be taken and our only chance was doing the lunch CS. My apologies.

18. lmkoons

lmkoons Mouseketeer

We were able to eat lunch and dinner at BOG yesterday. They opened Fantasyland to everyone at around 10am. We walked right up to the podium and placed a reservation for dinner. They had tons of available tables when we were there, however when we returned for dinner at 5:30, we heard other guests being told they were completely booked for the evening. So, if you want reservations, you'll have to make them as soon as the area opens. We were able to also eat there for lunch around 12:30, and only had to wait in line 10 min or so before being able to enter the building. I'm not sure why they were having dress rehearsals yesterday though, because it wasn't a MVMCP night or anything, but it was definitely a pleasant surprise!

19. Herfnerd

Herfnerd DIS Veteran

Really depends on when the OP will be going - technically, BOG isn't offically open yet

20. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Thats what I kind of figured I just didn't want someone to read that and start a rumor that BOG was TS for lunch. :thumbsup2

I once misplaced a comma on a post (might have been about BOG, I forget) and started a firestorm of posts in just 5 minutes. :goodvibes