Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

mdsd8700

It's kind of fun to do the impossible
We are visiting in June and this tour is high on our list to do. I know I can book 30 days out and there are only 15 people per tour, which isn't a lot. There are 4 of us in our party. So I was wondering if anyone has ever called to booked and not been able to because it was filled. We are limited to 2 days that we can do this and I'm afraid there is a possibility won't get in. Thanks.

We are taking this tour on Sunday 2/24. I called the morning of 1/24 and got in without issue. There are only two of us though. I recommend calling first thing in the morning 30 days out from when you want to book. Good luck!

We are taking this tour on Sunday 2/24. I called the morning of 1/24 and got in without issue. There are only two of us though. I recommend calling first thing in the morning 30 days out from when you want to book. Good luck!

Thanks Crystal for your input. Definitely will call as soon as it opens 30 days out. Do you know time that is?

Enjoy your upcoming tour. Post your thoughts when you come back. Would love to hear all about it.

We are visiting in June and this tour is high on our list to do. I know I can book 30 days out and there are only 15 people per tour, which isn't a lot. There are 4 of us in our party. So I was wondering if anyone has ever called to booked and not been able to because it was filled. We are limited to 2 days that we can do this and I'm afraid there is a possibility won't get in. Thanks.

Are you staying at one of the Disneyland Hotels? If so, the Disneyland Vacation Planning Team can book this for you. We have had them book tours for us with no problems (although we are only 2 people but we were able to get the Holiday Time Tour on Christmas Day through them).

Edited to add: You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tour....I took it in October and seeing Walt's Apartment was the highlight of the trip!!!!!!!!

We did this tour back in November and I booked right when the window opened (for 2 of us) we had a friend who booked a few days later without problem but it was just her. The tour was full when we checked in. I have heard that since the addition of Walts apartment in the possible tour stops enrollment has been up so I would not risk it by waiting.

mdsd8700 said:
Thanks Crystal for your input. Definitely will call as soon as it opens 30 days out. Do you know time that is?

Enjoy your upcoming tour. Post your thoughts when you come back. Would love to hear all about it.

What day of the week do you have to call? Mine is a Sunday, so that is 8am PST.

Are you staying at one of the Disneyland Hotels? If so, the Disneyland Vacation Planning Team can book this for you.
Edited to add: You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tour....I took it in October and seeing Walt's Apartment was the highlight of the trip!!!!!!!!

Yes we are using our points and staying at the VGC. This is our 5th trip to DLR and I didn't realize there was a Disneyland Vacation Planning Team. I will look into that, thanks!

The whole reason I want to take the tour is just to be in Walt's Apartment. I get giddy just thinking of it. :goodvibes

We did this tour back in November and I booked right when the window opened (for 2 of us) we had a friend who booked a few days later without problem but it was just her. The tour was full when we checked in. I have heard that since the addition of Walts apartment in the possible tour stops enrollment has been up so I would not risk it by waiting.

Thanks for your input. I definitely would not wait to book, but since there are such a few allowed I was concerned it would sell out nearly immediately. Especially since I need 4 spots.

What day of the week do you have to call? Mine is a Sunday, so that is 8am PST.

I need to call on a Monday.

Thanks everyone for your help, I greatly appreciate it!!

Ok! I will be sure to post!

The thought of going inside Walt's apartment make me giddy too. I told my husband be prepared for me to pass out. I will be crossing off an item on my bucket list for sure.

I called this number at 8AM I believe: (714) 781-TOUR (8687)

They charge your card right away and it is non-refundable or transferable. I know it includes lunch but I have purposely not read much about it hoping to have a couple of surprises along the way. It's been hard, because I normally research something until I know all there is to know, lol.

Ok! I will be sure to post!

The thought of going inside Walt's apartment make me giddy too. I told my husband be prepared for me to pass out. I will be crossing off an item on my bucket list for sure.

I called this number at 8AM I believe: (714) 781-TOUR (8687)

They charge your card right away and it is non-refundable or transferable. I know it includes lunch but I have purposely not read much about it hoping to have a couple of surprises along the way. It's been hard, because I normally research something until I know all there is to know, lol.

My kids (16 and 19) are already teasing about how I am going to react. They know for me this is a bucket list item too!

I have the number written down in my notes, I am one who also loves to research and plan even when we've done it before! I have read a few things about it but not too much.

Thanks again!!

we are planning on doing this on my DD's 13th bday trip on 4/2 and can't wait to see Walt's apartment! also going to do the welcome to DLR a couple days before that!

I know one lady on this board booked the tour the same day I am going, (March 1st) but I didn't book until about 4 days after her because I was at work everyday. I was able to get 2 spots even that many days later. So I think you will be fine if you call on the first day.

we are planning on doing this on my DD's 13th bday trip on 4/2 and can't wait to see Walt's apartment! also going to do the welcome to DLR a couple days before that!

Both tours are a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday trip! This is actually our first tour in DLR or WDW. Looking forward to doing many of them during future trips. Enjoy! :goodvibes

I know one lady on this board booked the tour the same day I am going, (March 1st) but I didn't book until about 4 days after her because I was at work everyday. I was able to get 2 spots even that many days later. So I think you will be fine if you call on the first day.

Thanks for your reply, that does make me feel better. I am really keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy your tour!! :)

Both tours are a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday trip! This is actually our first tour in DLR or WDW. Looking forward to doing many of them during future trips. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Thanks for your reply, that does make me feel better. I am really keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy your tour!! :)

we've done two others....Discover the Magic when my DD was 4 1/2 and last christmas did the holiday tour! both were great!
hope you enjoy your tour too!

Can someone tell me more about this tour (or point me to the right thread) please?

I was looking on the "official" DL website and it had one sentence and phone number to call. No specifics like what is included or the cost.

Can someone tell me more about this tour (or point me to the right thread) please?

I was looking on the "official" DL website and it had one sentence and phone number to call. No specifics like what is included or the cost.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/tours.htm

This one gives good overall information without too much detail. Scroll down a bit toward the bottom.

However this one gives a lot more detail and may be a spoiler for some.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/10/04/walk-in-walts-disneyland-footsteps-tour-new-in-2012/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter