Walk in for lunch on the Monorail Resort's TS?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disney09, Aug 8, 2006.

1. disney09

disney09 Mouseketeer

I have one park-free day planned, and I'll go with my family (DH, DD7 and DS4) to do some shopping in the morning and then do a resort tour in the monorail resorts, so I was thinking in having a late lunch, like 2 or 3 pm, on the Kona Cafe or the GF Cafe. I don't want to make any ADR's here because I want this day to take a relaxed pace and not hurry to any lunch time deadline. If we don't make it we can take any CS, but Kona seems like a very good option...
    Do you think it's possible to walk in for Kona at that time? It will be in September and in a weekday..
    BTW, we're on the DDP...

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Stitch's Greatest Fa

Stitch's Greatest Fa DIS Veteran

I don't think that you will have any problems at Kona at all. It is one of our absolute fvourite restaurants and usually easy to get a table at that time of day. ENjoy!!

4. disney09

disney09 Mouseketeer

thanks! I'll try to go there! :goodvibes

5. Armandocme

Armandocme Mouseketeer

Yeah, we love Kona. We walked up and got a table without ADR for breakfast on 6/23/06.

6. Tam1067

Tam1067 LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

Kona shouldn't be a problem. We walked up for breakfast and lunch on two different days in mid-July. We did not have to wait either time. Have fun!

7. disney09

disney09 Mouseketeer

I am definetely going to Kona, I just read some reviews and I think my family will love it!
    Thanks for your feedback...

8. Beth

Beth Just happy to be here...

Does Kona have a break for an hour or two between lunch and dinner where they aren't open?

...I know several of the resort restaurants used to do that....

Just a thought.

9. Mickey1122

Mickey1122 <font color=deeppink>Walt Disney World Fan<br><fon

We did a Sea Raycer and then Kona Cafe this May. We had an ADR, but we didn't really need it.

10. FOTM_Ring_Bearer

FOTM_Ring_Bearer Fellowship of the Mouse Member

I know the Grand Floridian Cafe does and I think the Kona does too. We made that mistake once. Wanted to eat at the GFC and it was closed until dinner. I think it closed around 2:30.