Walk from Wilderness Lodge to TTC?

jeters_boy

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done this? Is this possible? According to MapQuest it is less than 1/2 a mile.

Thanks in advance.

I have never done this as I do not believe there are sidewalks along the way. Actually they are very close but, I would not recommend. I have never thought about this possibility before and I will be interested in finding out what others think. I know from experience that WL seems to be the one resort that the buses take forever to get to.

tigerlily952

While mapquest says it is a 1/2 mile...that may be faulty. In my experience, the online maps are wrong about as often as they are right. Not only that, but that distance may only be to the edge of the Magic Kingdom footprint...you still have to get in the gates.

Maps and distance aside....as the previous poster rightly pointed out, there are no sidewalks. You would have to walk on the shoulder, on a busy stretch of road, with many drivers who don't know where they are going and who tend to drive in a somewhat erratic manner. I believe, that is may actually be illegal to walk along such a road (can't remember what type of road that stretch is classed at, but I know in Fla. there are some types that you are not allowed to walk along unless there are proper sidewalks in place).

My hubby and I stayed at WL in July 2006. Never waited more than 10 minutes to or from the parks. We also loved taking the boat to MK...much safer than walking...and more relaxing!

Disney is not made for walking, at least outside of the parks. You can walk to the TTC from the Poly but not any other hotel. Although you actually can walk there from the GF since there is a walkway from there to the Poly, but it would take a while.

I wish there was a path because they are very close. Last month, we ended up having to take a bus from TTC to WL and we were SHOCKED that it took about 15 seconds, it seemed. Gosh I just got situated and settled and we were pulling into WL. Sure do wish there was a walkable path.....it crossed our mind to look around and investigate, but we never did.

Disney is not made for walking, at least outside of the parks. You can walk to the TTC from the Poly but not any other hotel. Although you actually can walk there from the GF since there is a walkway from there to the Poly, but it would take a while.

I disagree. there's plenty of walking outside the parks. WDw is not made for walking outside of designated walking areas though!

AT WDW, if there's one thing that ther is no shortage of, it's opportunities to WALK. I think you'll find at most resorts, the distance between two points is almost always the longest route the Imagineers/engineers could create - not the shortest, direct route.

Generally speaking, if there's a way to take Disney transport to slightly reduce the amount of walking you'll be doing, you should take it.

The biggest concern about walking between resorts, etc, is the traffic. Where there are no sidewalks or crosswalks, it isn't safe to walk.

Thanks.

How often do boats run between WL and MK? We are going in July.

The bus to MK is much quicker than the boat... like a 3 min ride. My kids were getting frustrated by the slowness of the boat and once we foudn the bus we were in heaven. It goes straight from WL to MK and back....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter