Waldorf vs. Ritz - Christmas week

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We are thinking of heading down to Orlando over Christmas week and are considering either the Waldorf or the Ritz. I am leaning toward the Waldorf as it is a bit more inexpensive. It will be me, DH and DS5. The main reason for the trip is to just relax at the resort - pool, kid's club, etc.

If you could give me your thoughts on the resorts and their amenities/activities, I would appreciate it!

Both the WA and RC are Virtuoso hotels, so that would be my main determining factor. Since the WA is newer, I would go for that, especially with the Virtuoso benefits. (I am still waiting for the on-site Four Seasons)

Both the WA and RC are Virtuoso hotels, so that would be my main determining factor. Since the WA is newer, I would go for that, especially with the Virtuoso benefits. (I am still waiting for the on-site Four Seasons)

While they are both listed with Virtuoso the Waldorf is a Hilton property and the Ritz is with Ritz Carlton.

JMO but having stayed at both the service is better at the Ritz, although you do pay for that as it is more expensive than the Waldorf. We also enjoy the Waldorf or Hilton Bonnet Creek when we are doing Disney Parks. The Ritz is not as convenient for a Disney trip. However, we like the club floor at Ritz. I don't think you will regret either but for us the Ritz is just a higher level of service. They have always remembered our preferences from previous stays and we really enjoy the fly fishing excursions.

We are at the Waldorf currently and I can't say enough about our experience here. We are in a 1 bedroom suite, the accommodations and service have been top notch our entire stay. I really can't think of one negative. We also considered the Ritz but the Waldorf is newer and sooo close to the Disney parks which was another plus. Another poster mentioned the service being better at the Ritz, I just can't imagine better, the service and attention has been top notch all the way, we have really enjoyed our stay. The level and quality of the rooms is superior, excellent!

We are actually checking out today and heading over to stay onsite at Universal, but the Waldorf has been just great :)

Thanks everyone! Yes, I think we are going to go with the Waldorf. The price is right, plus the proximity to the parks. While we only plan to go to DHS to see the Osborne lights, we are going to do a few other activities on Disney property, so I think this is the way to go!

Thank you so much!

Good choice...I have stayed at both and prefer the Waldorf. Hard to beat the location if Disney is going to play at all into your itinerary. :thumbsup2

While the Waldorf is newer, the rooms at the Ritz have all just finished being refurbished. They are like brand new, and "technically" newer than the Waldorf's rooms now. As far as overall property, the Ritz/JW Marriott grounds are far superior to that grounds of the Waldorf/Hilton Bonnet Creek. But if location is you're main factor, the Waldorf is much closer.

If you can, I would consider a change to the Ritz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter