• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waldorf free upgrade versus paid upgrade

Wells Larsen

Mouseketeer
Would like some opinions if anybody has them. I received an e-standby upgrade offer a couple of days ago for a Disney View King Suite with Balcony for $100 a night. Today I was notified that I was upgraded free to a Disney View King Deluxe room due to my Hilton Diamond status. My stay is only for one night, so I am tempted to continue with the Suite for $100, but would like a opinions from folks that have stayed there before.
It's just my wife and myself.

It depends. If this is a resort day, where you'll be enjoying the hotel from check-in to check-out, the balcony might be nice to have, especially come fireworks time. I'm generally someone will go for the balcony almost every time.

But you're going to be out and about, even I, who would almost always choose the balcony, don't think it is worth it.

It depends. If this is a resort day, where you'll be enjoying the hotel from check-in to check-out, the balcony might be nice to have, especially come fireworks time. I'm generally someone will go for the balcony almost every time.

But you're going to be out and about, even I, who would almost always choose the balcony, don't think it is worth it.
It is pre-park day, so we will be hanging around the hotel and decompressing. I am definitely leaning toward a suite so it's nice to hear the validation. Thank you

If you get there and aren't impressed by the balcony, are you going to regret not having that $100?

Will you spend the next days of your vacation lamenting your decision as you walk past the snack cart without $100 to spend on Mickey bars?

Only you know the answer.....

If you get there and aren't impressed by the balcony, are you going to regret not having that $100?

Will you spend the next days of your vacation lamenting your decision as you walk past the snack cart without $100 to spend on Mickey bars?

Only you know the answer.....
Ha! True. Very philosophical. I was really just looking for feedback; Other folks' opinions.

I am more looking at it from the value of the room. If someone got on here and was like.. "The view isn't that great" or "the room isn't that great", I'd give the choice a second thought. I was really looking at it from an "experience" standpoint.
My decision doesn't factor the $100 all too much.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter