Wake Up! SURPRISE, We’re going to Disney World…. TODAY!*PTR link! 3/24

Caretames1

Mom of Girls
SURPRISE! We are going to Disney World, Today!​

Okay, before I get any further, introductions and a little history!

I’m Carey, Mom to the family and total planner & Production Manager to large school district.

My DH, John, Dad to us, mild mannered factory worker by day, & Dj by night.Playing yesterday favorites and today new hits at weddings, bars and social functions.

Our DD, Kadence. Total Diva in training and current Princess.

DD, Samantha. Even though she doesn’t come along on this trip, she does have a part in this.

Our First WDW trip was in January 2009. We LOVED it and soon started to think about another. Trip number 2 was January 2011, and included a side trip to SeaWorld.

While waiting ever so patiently (not really)in the fall of 2010 for our January 2011 trip to arrive, we started seeing commercials on TV for MNSSHP. We received mail from Disney about MNSSHP, and our Disney Visa rewards card sent us mailings outlining MNSSHP and everything you could do at Disney during this time of the year. John apparently starting thinking about maybe it might be fun to do a little trick or treating at Disney. On October 23, 2010 he asked me what I thought of the idea.

I thought about it for …………..2 seconds and said YES, let’s do it! He then thought to include his Mom as we thought she could use a break. She had thought about it, but sadly declined. After about 2 days we had decided and officially on November 3, 2010 we had a deposit down on it and a little farther down the line Free Dining came out and we snapped that up too! On our Jan trip, our plane was delayed for 6 hours so they gave us 4 vouchers for $25 a flight and then we got an additional $300 from AirTran a month later for our inconvenience. Bonus!

Now to the reason this TR is titled “Wake Up! SURPRISE, We’re going to Disney World…. TODAY!

We had discussed surprising our DD’s with a trip, but didn’t have a definite idea until this trip about. We made up our minds that this was the chance we’d been waiting for. We then made the hard decision to not bring Samantha along. She would be starting college in the fall of 2011 and you can’t just leave for a vacation from college. We had done many vacations and things with Sam in the 10 years before Kadence came along. We did keep it from her until a month before the trip and she was fine with it! She really isn’t much of a Disney person (where did I go wrong?) and was excited for Kadence to have this experience.

Our Dates were September 21st to September 25th. Three and a half days to cram in as much as we could and cram we did!

We decided to tell Kadence the morning of the 21st at 3:30am! That’s right when we had to leave to drive to the airport in Milwaukee, WI. It’s a 2 ½ hour drive for us, and we wanted to catch the surprise on tape and not miss it while we were driving or arriving to the airport.

I have video of the reveal; I just have to get John to get it on the computer so I can upload it. In the mean time, I have a few photos.

SURPRISE! (3:30am!)

Goodbye Wisconsin,

Halfway to Disney!

Hello Florida!

Marking my place and going back to read!

Edit: Yay I'm first - of course I had to be! :lmao:

Love the Intro and how this trip came to be - yay on getting vouchers and compensation to put towards your flights for this trip!

I'm happy to read that Sam still plays a part in this trip even though she doesn't go with you.

Love, love, love the surprise face of Kadence on the morning of leaving! :thumbsup2 She looks soo happy on the plane with Pascal in her hand and daddy by her side :cutie: Can't wait to read more!

Marking my place and going back to read!

Edit: Yay I'm first - of course I had to be! :lmao:

Love the Intro and how this trip came to be - yay on getting vouchers and compensation to put towards your flights for this trip!

I'm happy to read that Sam still plays a part in this trip even though she doesn't go with you.

Love, love, love the surprise face of Kadence on the morning of leaving! :thumbsup2 She looks soo happy on the plane with Pascal in her hand and daddy by her side :cutie: Can't wait to read more!

:woohoo: I suppose, I got to be first on yours!:rotfl2:
Thanks :goodvibes I had a hard time getting my thoughts together. I figured the histroy of how it came to be was a good start:thumbsup2

She was surprised! I can't wait to get video up!

I'm here!!!!

YaY! Drag people with ya!:rotfl2:

joining in. I can't wait to hear about the surprise and the halloween party!

WOO HOO!

It pays to be up early on a Saturday morning! :dance3:

Saw your post on facebook about starting your TR. ;) Joining in!

I can't wait to hear more!
If I had kids I would definately want to suprise them with a Disney trip! Mostly because I wish I would have gotten a suprise like that when I was a kid!
Good Parenting!!

I love reading about surprise trips! I am so jealous of everyone who is able to keep the secret :) I would love to surprise my girls, but I just can't keep it to myself! Can't wait to read more!

I can't wait to read all about your reveal. I read your pre-trip report and just loved how excited your DD was. I'm sure it was a wonderful surprise!!!

Saw your post on facebook about starting your TR. ;) Joining in!

;) Couldn't help it, I'm a shameless promoter!

I can't wait to hear more!
If I had kids I would definately want to suprise them with a Disney trip! Mostly because I wish I would have gotten a suprise like that when I was a kid!
Good Parenting!!

Welcome!:wave2: I love surprises, so keeping this secret was fun for me. It kept the excitment up for me!

I'm in :thumbsup2
Looking forward to reading more :)

Welcome! :wave2: I'm excited to share this with everyone!

Love the surprise! Can't wait to hear how much y'all cram in those days!

Welcome!:wave2: Oh, we cramed until we couldn't anymore!

I love reading about surprise trips! I am so jealous of everyone who is able to keep the secret :) I would love to surprise my girls, but I just can't keep it to myself! Can't wait to read more!

Welcome!:wave2: It was hard to keep, alomost revealed a couple times (thanks to DH!) but was worth.:thumbsup2

Welcome! :wave2: Thanks for reading along, I hope you enjoy it!

I can't wait to read all about your reveal. I read your pre-trip report and just loved how excited your DD was. I'm sure it was a wonderful surprise!!!

Welcome! :wave2: It was exciting to reveal, when we woke her, we had to make sure she was really awake!

I'm here! Kadence looks so cute in the "surprise" photo and on the airplane. I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

I'm in :) (and it paid off to promote on Janet's trip report because that is where I saw the link :) )

I'm confused - did you go to MNSSHP in Nov. 2010 - or was this your first one?

Joining in. I love that she brought Pascal from her last trip with her :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter