Waitlisting at BLT? Confused?!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
So, only ONE night of my trip is not available at Bay Lake Tower. I was able to book at my home resort as a back up reservation in case it does not become available. I booked BLT for the dates it was available and am waitlisted for the one night it wasn't available.

Can someone talk to me about waitlisting? The DVC agent told me that it was a great option because it was only one night smack dab in the middle of my trip that wasn't available. He said because I already have reservations secured at my home resort, if the one night does not open up I can just cancel the BLT reservation without any penalties. The banked points I used will go back into the bank balance, etc. as long as I do it 30 days before the trip date.

Is there a likelihood that just one night on a waitlist will come through? Has anyone been in a situation like this before? I feel so nervous about it.

So, only ONE night of my trip is not available at Bay Lake Tower. I was able to book at my home resort as a back up reservation in case it does not become available. I booked BLT for the dates it was available and am waitlisted for the one night it wasn't available.

Can someone talk to me about waitlisting? The DVC agent told me that it was a great option because it was only one night smack dab in the middle of my trip that wasn't available. He said because I already have reservations secured at my home resort, if the one night does not open up I can just cancel the BLT reservation without any penalties. The banked points I used will go back into the bank balance, etc. as long as I do it 30 days before the trip date.

Is there a likelihood that just one night on a waitlist will come through? Has anyone been in a situation like this before? I feel so nervous about it.

Based on your trip clock, I am assuming you are on the waiting for October. Even for Jersey week, I think you have an excellent chance just one day coming available. I think the multiday waitlists are the harder ones to fill. Good Luck!

Our trip is the first week in November. You are making me very happy to say it'll come through! :)

Is there a likelihood that just one night on a waitlist will come through?

I agree, I think there is a great chance that it will come through since it's for just one night.

Hey, I just noticed your puzzle piece sig -- neat! Where did you get that? Probably Autism Speaks web site, eh?

Last week I had an entire 5 days that were waitlisted come through - Oct 18-23. We went on the waitlist on the morning of the 18th. It was filled by the 30th. Felt like the longest 12 days...probably because I was so intent on getting it!
I think with more people buying into BLT with the new incentives, they will release more rooms into inventory (at least I *think* that's how it works).

Best of luck to you! I shouted at work when I found out mine came through I was so excited!:thumbsup2

I have generally had very good luck with my single night waitlist requests. They have all come through. Another option while you are waiting though is to ask to secure that one night with a cash reservation (if you wouldn't mind paying of course), but remain on the points waitlist. That way, you know for sure you will be staying at BLT and can avoid a mid-trip move to another room. We did this for our last reservation and it was converted from a cash reservation to points within a week or so. Just another option to consider. I didn't know this was a possibility until MS explained it to me in January while making a reservation for Nov. Good Luck whatever you decide :)

For our first DVC trip (at SSR!!) we had to waitlist a day in the middle of our week and it came through - so I say go ahead and do it!!

UPDATE:

So, I had to call again today because three days of my trip were outside of my booking window. This was because we couldn't get the one day right in the middle. I was able to secure these so this is what it looks like right now...

1. AKLV booked in case BLT doesn't come through
2. BLT booked for 3-4th
3. BLT waitlisted for the 5th
4. BLT booked for 6-8th

This entire waitlist thing has me very nervous. There's absolutely NO bad option to doing this right? Just as long as I cancel either AKLV or BLT 31 days ahead of time, right? The agent said that she has a note to automatically cancel AKLV if BLT comes through and it will link the reservations together so I don't have to worry about multiple check-ins.

My other issue was that she would not book the 6-8th under my name. I share the membership with my mother so she had to book it under her's. I asked why and she said that was because I couldn't occupy two reservations during the same time period. Don't I already have that done anyway? -confused-

The puzzle piece icon is from Autism Speaks, for the person who was asking. :)

First, I can't imagine you won't get it unless it's for a 3 BR. You can't have the same date booked under your name but they sometimes mess up if you booked at different times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter