Waitlist

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by PRmamiDEdos, Oct 8, 2012.

1. PRmamiDEdos

PRmamiDEdos DIS Veteran

What are the advantages/disadvantages to making the wait list 60, 30 or 7 days out?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

The earlier you do it, the higher on the list you are. We would always wait list at 7 months if what we wanted wasn't available.

4. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

You can't wait list within 7 days of arrival. Wait lists can be setup to expire at 30 or 7 days from check-in date.

5. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

There isn't a 60 day.

If there is a point requirement difference (such as the waitlisted room requires less points) and you had a 7 day cancellation then you could end up with points in holding if it filled after 30 days out. So, setting it to 30 days out means you wouldn't have to deal with it. That's the biggest one.

6. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

The sooner you are on a wait list, the better chance you have. The longer you stay on it, the better chance you have.

As mentioned, however, if the room you want is less points than the room it will be replacing, then having it expire 31 days out avoids you having holding points. If it is more, then there is no harm in setting it up for 7 days out. If you won't have the points in your account, you will have to authorize borrowing (if you want).

7. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

After 7 days you can call ms for availability. We were within the 7 night period and called everyday to avoid a one night split stay. Thankfully that room became available the day before.

8. PRmamiDEdos

PRmamiDEdos DIS Veteran

Ok, I guess this works for me. My wait list is 2 points more and I put the w/l for 7 days.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.