Waitlist Bogus?

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
It seems most all posts I have read mention that waitlists come through - yet, I also read many posts of people who were on waitlists, had not yet been called by MS, yet when the DVCer calls, they quite often are informed of an opening.

I would like to be able to trust the waitlist to be fair without having to call every few days, but am I only fooling myself?

I have always had my waitlists come thru and MS has called to notify me. If others had not posted how the waitlist really works, I would not have known the difference, because it has always worked for us.

In 2004, I was able to book 10 days (Dec 15-25) at VWL, less than 5 months out, using the waitlist and letting MS call me.

In 2005 I was able to get NYE 2 months out, using the waitlist in the same way.

It may not run the way we thought it did, but the WL does work.

I have had waitlists filled both ways. I have always called every few weeks just to see how things were with my waitlist. One time I was informed that it had been already filled (I never received a call or anything in the mail and it was for New Year's eve) but on another occasion, the CM was able to take care of it as we talked (actually she put me on hold to check, was gone for a while and came back and told me she had it). I never asked why but with all of the recent posts I understand the system better.

HBC

I have had a wait list come through, and know about it because I recieved an updated confermation, and another time I had MS call me to check that I still wanted a waitlist-before they changed the confermation.

bwbuddy5 said:
It seems most all posts I have read mention that waitlists come through - yet, I also read many posts of people who were on waitlists, had not yet been called by MS, yet when the DVCer calls, they quite often are informed of an opening.

I would like to be able to trust the waitlist to be fair without having to call every few days, but am I only fooling myself?
bwbuddy5,
I wonder if it is a difference in how folks set up their waitlist? You have a choice of automatic or having member services call you before they make a change...
I usually set it up to happen automatically because I don't want to risk not being home for the call for some reason.

Back in Dec, I had called to make a reservation for the food and wine festival. Since I had member services on the line, I thought I would check on my wait list. I was really surprised to find out the waitlist come through for the Marathon weekend. At first the Member services rep told me that my original reservation had been cancelled! (I almost had a heart attack!) Then, she went on to find that the other reservation had been made. I think if I had my thinking cap on, I could have seen the reservation cancelation and new reservation on-line by logging on to the DVC website....

-DC :earsboy:

I had waitlist come through two times and both were done automatic and I didnt find out until I recieved the reservation change in the mail. One was actually really close to out actual arrival date and was surprised they didnt call.I guess I just assumed they did.

I've waitlisted a couple of times and both times it came through, no problem. Made a ressie to OKW over MLK weekend about 6 weeks out--had to w/l the Monday holiday. A second time: I was calling to make BW=view ressies and called a couple of weeks late from the 11th month window--for December near Christmas no less. That came through as well, within a few days. A third trip included a last minute call to MS to ask to switch resorts (to VWL)---it took her awhile, but she was able to do it--at the time I assumed it was a CRO room. By the way, all three incidents were in the past year. No problems here!

Last year we had MS actually call us at SSR on a trip to let us know our waitlist for HH had come through. I was really impressed!

We waitlisted last year to extend our vacation an additional day & it came through within a couple of days of our original request. That is the only experience I have had though.

I have waitlisted several times and each time they came through. I always have them call me. Everytime they have called and told me I had 24 hours to let them know if I was going to change or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter