Waiting in line with DS 18 months

brightspark

<font color=blue>Wants to try the happy soap<br><f
As the title says - I'm wondering about the joys of waiting in line with DS 18 months... we are going next week so it's quiet season, and we are using TGM advice, but I know we'll be having lines to wait in anyway!

So advice please... how do we keep DS in control? What can we do with him to keep that waiting time to the minimum stress possible?:confused3

Thanks for your help

:yay:

I've been there and understand!

I think you are on the right track w/ thinking about touring based on TGM advice...

hit the attractions that have longer lines early in the day.

My advice is have a small bag w/ a few busy treasures, a snack and a drink that you would take on every ride.

I personally leave the big diaper bag and other park things in the stroller and only take what is neccessary into the lines.

What does your DS like?

sounds, colors, books, etc.

small ziplock bags or plastic containers of cherrios or goldfish help too.

Playing simple games of I spy, where's your nose, eyes...or what does a cow say...I think you get what I mean are fun too w/ this age.

Allow for breaks from the stroller when you can to have him walk and play, it will help the transistion in and out of stroller and standing in line.

hope that helps and have a wonderful trip!

Hi, we just returned with our 20-month-old active boy (I psoted some general toddler reflections a few days ago). The longest line we got him through was 15 minutes, and we did with a milkshake and by letting him poke around while confined to his monkey backpack/leash. If he was carried, he would wait 5-10 minutes if it looked interesting (if he could see the ride, like Dumbo, or at leasts ee the boats/cars loading ahead). And of course, utilize the FastPass! Good luck and have fun!

I suggest a carrier of some sort for the lines. I did this with my niece and nephew and they were happy that they were up higher and could look around more. Also with them attached to me they were easier to control. I got one of those hip carriers that held the larger weights in them.

As previous posts have mentioned - we always brought snacks.. works like a charm! Doesn't have to be a large amount, can be healthy.. but I found that just a little snack and drink helps to pass the time! Goldfish, pretzels, raisins, teddy grahams...granola bars or even a lollipop?

we also learned from another family on a long line years ago that if you take gogurts and freeze them in your hotel the night before then they defrost during the day and stay cold in your diaper bag. My kids love this. If you dont have a fridge just put them in a small cooler bag and pour ice from the vending machine overnight.

My kids also like looking at pictures of themselves... if you have a digital camera you can spend the time online looking at pictures you have already from the trip, or take new ones as you are waiting online (make silly/goofy faces) and then you can delete them after the ride! Or if you have a good cellphone that holds pics you can do the same thing...

if the waiting line is outside you can also bring a small thing of bubbles - all the kids love them but this doesnt work on a smaller inside line. Also, you could bring chalk if you are waiting somewhere outside.

By the way - we are going next week also- I dont think rides will have long lines at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter