Waiting for SWA is Killing Me!

FreshTressa

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
I think I am going insane. I keep checking SWA's website every 20 minutes (darn DSL) to see if it has opened past the 24th. Our dates are the 17-27th of october so I am only missing it by a few days.

The agony of waiting!! Now watch, it will open up and then be more expensive than the $260 I am getting on alaska from SEA to MCO.

I guess it should be expensive to fly from one corner to the other, but geez, I was hoping for some of those $150 fares that were available earlier this spring.

I'm waiting too! I need return flights on the 26th, so I have to wait for a special too. It worked out last year, I'm sure it will again.

What is taking them soooo long-- you can get tickets with every other airline already. I'm in need for 10/30-11/7.

Originally posted by kilee
What is taking them soooo long-- you can get tickets with every other airline already. I'm in need for 10/30-11/7.

SWA is not every other airline and they only post their dates 4-6 months in advance.

Well if you buy them in advance on the other airlines you can join the "THEY moved my flight time or seat" threads. LOL! I guess the tradeoff is that when SW releases the schedule, those are the flights they actually intend to fly!

I sent sw an email yesterday asking when they would update their website and I got a reply today (see below). Looks like we have one week to wait and I'm hoping with them recently dropping prices, it may be a good sign that rates will be low when they come out
----------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Southwest Airlines Vacations.

We currently offer rates through October 24, 2003 as a return date. Normally, our vacations are available approximately five months in advance.

The tentative "Up For Sale" date for travel from October 25, 2003 to December 13, 2003 is June 26, 2003.

Have a nice day.

Al
Southwest Airlines Vacations
Operated by The Mark Travel Corporation
Internet Help Desk

Ack, one week! Well, thanks for posting that, now I feel safe just checking once a day!

Now I just hope the parks aren't PACKED in October!

Originally posted by CarolA
Well if you buy them in advance on the other airlines you can join the "THEY moved my flight time or seat" threads. LOL! I guess the tradeoff is that when SW releases the schedule, those are the flights they actually intend to fly!

They are rather unique that way, aren't they? Imagine, releasing flights that they actually intend to do. Unheard of!!!!
;)

Originally posted by FreshTressa
Ack, one week! Well, thanks for posting that, now I feel safe just checking once a day!

Now I just hope the parks aren't PACKED in October!

Checking once a day is something of a waste of time. They only really change anything big on Tues at about 3 am est. They did however, change stuff early Thurs. am this week, in addition to Tues. am.
The 26th is a Thursday, I would expect you to see additonal dates VERY early Thursday am.
I would not worry about the parks being packed in OCT. The kids are back in school for the most part. It should be pretty quiet.

Okay, nothing happened this Tuesday! Guess I have to keep waiting. I am glad now though, cuz my husband just decided not to go to school Autumn quarter, so now we can take two weeks and go to universal. YAY:bounce:

heck,i'm waiting too!!! flying from houston to orlando from nov 15th-22nd. they have 99.00 fares right now for hou-mco and mco-hou. do they ever get any cheaper than that? i've flown w/in the state of tx for like 25.00 one way. but of course that's in tx. i will be checking on thurs first thing. ;)

Anyone have any idea (from past experiences) what time of morning they add the new dates? I don't want to miss out.

Originally posted by FreshTressa

The agony of waiting!! Now watch, it will open up and then be more expensive than the $260 I am getting on alaska from SEA to MCO.

I guess it should be expensive to fly from one corner to the other, but geez, I was hoping for some of those $150 fares that were available earlier this spring.

We played the waiting game until the last time they extened their schedule. We were actually pleasantly suprised that the fairs were about 25 cheaper per person than we had been planning.

Oh, and they seemed to have changed the schedule mid day because I was checking daily and I had checked in the moring around 7:30 and again at 11 and nothing, then when I got back from my lunch break they were there!!! I did a little happy dance in my chair! (my co-workers already knew I was nuts!):D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter