Waiting for Rest of Fall 2015 Room Only Discount

Are room only discounts able to be used during free dining promotions? Like if i have free dining and there is a room only discount that week, do i get the RO applied to?

Are room only discounts able to be used during free dining promotions? Like if i have free dining and there is a room only discount that week, do i get the RO applied to?
You can't get two discounts. You can get one or the other applied to your reservation but not both.

I just posted this on a different thread but thought maybe this would help out someone here. I received a "magical" email from an agency today. It's the only offer I've seen so far that covers my dates, 10/17-10/24. It's for Coronado Resort which isn't my first choice but the price difference between it and my current reservations at BWI is almost $2400. I'm torn because I wanted BWI for the closeness to EPCOT for the F&W festival. But $2400 is a lot of money. If RO would come out I'd only save around $900 I figured. I'm having a rough time with this decision :scared:

I'm in for the wait! Right now I'm booked at CBR, 11/5-11/14, but with a tix package. Since I booked I've decided to become an annual pass holder so I'm excited to see if I can get some discount love after free dining turned out to be a bust. :badpc:

OHHH I just found this thread tonight.
I decided it wasn't worth giving up the resort I wanted to book FD and was going to wait for RO discount to stay at POR, but I was feeling anxious about the flights I wanted were low and worried they would go up with FD coming out. Sure enough after I booked later that day the flights prices went up so i saved $60 by booking when I did. So now I have POR booked for Oct 26 - Nov 5th. I'm hoping for RO discount.

We are debating getting the Annual Passes cause I would like to take advantage of RO for February too.
Does anyone know if when the AP discounts come out if I have to already have my Annual Passes or can I order them at the same time I confirm AP RO discount? I'm holding off deciding on tickets until I know what is going on with discounts.

Glad I found this thread. I have been hesitant to ask questions on the FD thread.
pixiedust:

I think its insane that when I search for polynesian for early July, not only is there easy availability, the room is cheaper per night than 30% off the rate for mid October, and there is NO availability for polynesian for the mid October week I need anymore. Even if there was, it would be impossible to get the 30% off for the week I want probably. Meanwhile in July there is tons of discounted rooms and no problem getting the rooms. Something isn't right there. I thought summer was supposed to be their peak, and most expensive with least availability.

I am also hopeful for a RO discount! I am happy with or without the discounts since I was originally booked at WL 11/5-11/14 with QSDP. I ended up switching to POR Royal Room and upgraded to the regular DP and still saved over $1,300, so I was really happy to save that alone. My TA did inform me that the royal rooms are the most difficult to sell at Riverside so I should stay hopeful for a room discount.

I too am waiting for RO discount for veterans week. Free dinning doesn't save us money since we are going for our first Food & Wine.

I'm really not happy with the Bounceback I just got after waiting 2 HOURS on my vacation. I'm hoping the week after Thanksgiving will be included in this Fall discount like last year. Does anyone remember if the week AFTER Thanksgiving was excluded from the Bounceback last time? It was really the week we wanted to go but wasn't part of the Bounceback offer.

I'm really not happy with the Bounceback I just got after waiting 2 HOURS on my vacation. I'm hoping the week after Thanksgiving will be included in this Fall discount like last year. Does anyone remember if the week AFTER Thanksgiving was excluded from the Bounceback last time? It was really the week we wanted to go but wasn't part of the Bounceback offer.

Yes, unfortunately that week was excluded last year. I believe it's excluded this year again as well :sad2:

The agent told me a lot of people now go that week because of the parade taping. It use to be one of the least crowded times to go. We have gone this week many times.

The agent told me a lot of people now go that week because of the parade taping. It use to be one of the least crowded times to go. We have gone this week many times.

It wasn't even the week of the taping last year. I think it's two weeks after Thanksgiving again this year as well. Definitely used to be one of the least crowded times to go!!!! We've been going the week of Thanksgiving and the week after since 2004. Keeps getting more and more crowded every year!!!

Question about email.We got the email about % off room only and since it has been many years since we did room only,can someone tell me if you check in on the last date that it is good for do we get the % off room only for our whole trip? I know you can with FD,not sure about this.Any help would be great.

Question about email.We got the email about % off room only and since it has been many years since we did room only,can someone tell me if you check in on the last date that it is good for do we get the % off room only for our whole trip? I know you can with FD,not sure about this.Any help would be great.

No, the room only discounts are specific to the dates they are offered. For example when we went for Christmas, the first few days were discounted and the rest were rack rate.

I managed to snag the free dining, but since we're staying at BC I am eager to see if the RO discount would save more. So count me in! :)

~Cari~ pluto:

I think its insane that when I search for polynesian for early July, not only is there easy availability, the room is cheaper per night than 30% off the rate for mid October, and there is NO availability for polynesian for the mid October week I need anymore. Even if there was, it would be impossible to get the 30% off for the week I want probably. Meanwhile in July there is tons of discounted rooms and no problem getting the rooms. Something isn't right there. I thought summer was supposed to be their peak, and most expensive with least availability.

Summer is when occupancy at Disney is the lowest, and Deluxes in particular have low occupancy during that time. Most Disney experts peg the Deluxe occupancy rates during the summer at around 50%. The high rack rates keep people away. Disney doesn't need resort occupancy in the summer to keep their parks really full (offsiters drive park attendance, particularly during the summer) so they can charge a higher rate. It also allows them to take rooms out of inventory for maintenance, etc. Offpeak times have higher resort occupancy because Disney offers better discounts and it keeps the parks busier year round.

We stayed at the Yacht Club last August for around $250/night. We didn't see another family in our hallway our entire trip, and only saw one other family get off the elevator on our floor while we were there. It was crazy how deserted the resort felt.

Sorry ...but I just booked one, then changed it

This is a PIN offer only for dates beyond October 3rd, there is a thread about it. Once you click through the PIN email, it "loads" in into the Special Offers on the website, but only for the person with the PIN. It is not a general public discount. I even called after seeing the thread, to see if I had a PIN attached to my name, which I didn't.

Last year GP Late Fall discounts came out in late July. AP rates haven't been released historically until late August or early September. You can find a list of all discount relesase dates going back to 2009 on Mousesavers.com.

Not sure how the new "modify reservation" is going to work with discounts. I want to book my Oct & Dec trips now at rack & hope to be able to change when discounts come out, yet it makes sense when others say don't, it then lessens the chance of that room/type being available when discounts are released. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

Summer is when occupancy at Disney is the lowest, and Deluxes in particular have low occupancy during that time. Most Disney experts peg the Deluxe occupancy rates during the summer at around 50%. The high rack rates keep people away. Disney doesn't need resort occupancy in the summer to keep their parks really full (offsiters drive park attendance, particularly during the summer) so they can charge a higher rate. It also allows them to take rooms out of inventory for maintenance, etc. Offpeak times have higher resort occupancy because Disney offers better discounts and it keeps the parks busier year round.

We stayed at the Yacht Club last August for around $250/night. We didn't see another family in our hallway our entire trip, and only saw one other family get off the elevator on our floor while we were there. It was crazy how deserted the resort felt.

Thanks for the information. However when I looked up a random week in July compared to a week in October, the rack rates were the same. I would have thought the rack rates would have been a little lower In October but maybe it's the specific October weeks I'm looking at. And even though the summer has 30% off discounts, most hotels have rooms available easily. Yet Mid October, which has full rack rate prices with no discount, is sold out of many resorts. Crazy.

Thanks for the information. However when I looked up a random week in July compared to a week in October, the rack rates were the same. I would have thought the rack rates would have been a little lower In October but maybe it's the specific October weeks I'm looking at. And even though the summer has 30% off discounts, most hotels have rooms available easily. Yet Mid October, which has full rack rate prices with no discount, is sold out of many resorts. Crazy.

There are more conventions in October (and some pretty big ones) that drive resort occupancy, especially in the Epcot area. They have to offer discounts in July to entice people to pay $$$ for rooms when they could pay $ for rooms staying offsite, even with the Disney discounts factored in. They don't have to offer as many discounts to the public in October because their resorts are already full for other reasons. The conventions are another reason why resorts can feel packed but the parks don't see the crowds that are seen in the summer.

What's frustrating for the leisure traveler is those convention discounts are pretty sweet, too. I had a colleague stay at the Grand Floridian for under $200/night on a convention rate a couple of years ago. Granted, Disney was offering bigger public discounts back then, too, but he went to this convention right before our first trip (so it must have been in 2011) and I was super jealous at how little he paid for his room.

Traditionally the prices go down at Deluxes in July, they stay up through the summer at Mods and Values. October has Free Dining, so the rack rates have to be high to compensate for the discount. The lowest prices are January into early February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter