waiting for confirmation email?

Mom23Disneybelievers

DIS Veteran
Is it normal to have to wait 2-3 weeks for a confirmation email (with confirmation #) when using DVC points?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.....

My trip confirmations have always come snail mail. And they can take several weeks sometimes..

Is it normal to have to wait 2-3 weeks for a confirmation email (with confirmation #) when using DVC points?

I don't recall receiving an email confirmation, I got a letter confirmation within a week or so for a trip scheduled 5 months out.

Can you be a little more specific, plz?

When I made a reservation last week I was told they were backed up and it was taking 2 to 3 weeks to get the confirmation #'s out.

I agree - no e-mails from DVC, just paper. Member Services told me today I should get one in about 10 days. But you should have got your confirmation # on the phone. Or you can look on your DVC account info on DVCmember.com - mine showed up on the website while I was still on the phone with MS.

When booking with regular reservations (not points), they send e-mails now.

Thank you everyone for the responses!

I feel much better now! (It has been a little over 2 weeks, so I will be a little more patient.)

I think it depends on how you requested your reservation. I've only ever requested the reservation at the 11 month window, submitting online. That day they sent me an email saying they'll respond within three days.

I submitted a reservation request on Friday and got an email today saying I got the reservation. It had the reservation number listed on it as well.

A few words..... Don't hold your breath waiting for the email. I am still waiting for them to email me a confirmation for a trip I booked in September, I received not 1 but 2 snail mail confirmations for the trip but I am still waiting for the email.

A few words..... Don't hold your breath waiting for the email. I am still waiting for them to email me a confirmation for a trip I booked in September, I received not 1 but 2 snail mail confirmations for the trip but I am still waiting for the email.
Just as an FYI, I have never received an e-mail confirmation from Disney, only paper copies through the mail. I don't think they do e-mail confirmations, not even for folks who book their reservations online. Not sure why, though.

You'd think they would surpress print as much as possible to save either us or them dollars (not sure if this is paid for by Dis or by our dues). :confused3 Either way, seems like a big savings opportunity for those of us who would choose to receive confirmations through e-mail.

I have received email confirmations for DP reservations, but not for regular points. Why you're given the choice for the DP's and not the other I have no idea. :confused3

For the snail mail kind - most have arrived in 2-3 weeks, but I had one that didn't arrive until AFTER I had moved it to another resort!:lmao:

Just as an FYI, I have never received an e-mail confirmation from Disney, only paper copies through the mail. I don't think they do e-mail confirmations, not even for folks who book their reservations online. Not sure why, though.

You'd think they would surpress print as much as possible to save either us or them dollars (not sure if this is paid for by Dis or by our dues). :confused3 Either way, seems like a big savings opportunity for those of us who would choose to receive confirmations through e-mail.

I was told that I would receive a email confirmation and didn't get it, with all of the issues they have with dissappearing reservations and such I want a hard copy that is sent to me by DVC

We have never received email confirmation. Only snail mail and sometimes not even that. I check through the dvc website to confirm.

I think if you were told you would get an email, you were misinformed. I have never received an email confirmation from DVC and the snail mail ones usually come two to three weeks after the reservation was made.

I've requested 6 reservations via the on-line request and submit a reservation form and on all 6 recieved an immediate email saying you will be notified in 3 days if the reservation is available and usually with in 24-48 hrs I received the reservation confirmation # (4 of the 6 were available) or an email saying sorry the reservation is not available. I did have to check the junk email folder to find the first one.

My work hours make it very difficult to call member services so on-line :surfweb: works the best for me. I've been very please, although it will be great if/when they get their true online reservation service available.

Yes, the email is produced by Disney's IT shop. It's normal for nothing to actually work right LOL!

I got an email on my DP reservation. I don't know if the delay was dealing with Developer Points or Disney's IT, but it took three weeks.

When I have made "late" reservations MS has volunteered to send me an email. None of those have EVER shown up!

I came here looking for an answer for this very question. I'm a new DVC member and called in on Sunday to ask to use developer points for a June stay, Disney Collection though not DVC.

I was told not to book anything else until I got a confirmation email. I know I've only been waiting 4 days but I can't take the suspense!

I came here looking for an answer for this very question. I'm a new DVC member and called in on Sunday to ask to use developer points for a June stay, Disney Collection though not DVC.

I was told not to book anything else until I got a confirmation email. I know I've only been waiting 4 days but I can't take the suspense!

If you actually don't book anything else until you get yoru email confirmation, then you will actually never stay in a DVC resort because you are not getting that confirmation. I am still waiting on one from september for a reservation in DL for this june. I have booked three other DVC trips since then.

I was told I would receive an email confirmation when I booked SSR using developer points. I never got one but did receive snail mail confirmation a month later. No worries though, my trip isn't until August anyway so I didn't mind having to wait for it to come in the mail.

Don't you think in today's day and age they could give you a choice of paper confirmation or email? I'm sure I wouldn't be alone when I say I'd much rather have the email confirmation -- If I want a paper copy I could print my own. Plus, email (in theory) is so much faster (and don't we DVC junkies want our info as quickly as possible?) Plus, think of all the paper they would save!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter