Waiting Before Buying Photo Connect, Great Decision

I posted this in another thread but it doesn't seem to be getting much attention. I'm hoping someone here may be familiar with this and know. Do you still get these free prints and do they need to be selected and printed while you are in the parks? Thank you and sorry for the double-post.

When I look at the details on Universal's site about a 3-day photo connect star card - https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Photo-Connect.aspx, it says you get these extras besides the unlimited digital downloads;
  • 1 free 5x7 or 8x10 print in a folder
  • 1 free 4x6 print
  • $5.00 5x7 or $10.00 8x10 prints at participating Photo Connect locations
  • $2.00 4x6 prints at participating Photo Connect locations
I'm guessing you would have to select and get your free prints while you are still in the parks. Is this a true assumption? Thanks!

Yes, we had to choose and print before we left the parks.

I can't see your album ... I get the message:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

For anyone wanting to see the types of Photo Connect pictures that other Disers have obtained using the in-park photographers, this thread is a good resource:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/hey-yall-show-me-your-favorite-photo-connect-pictures.3393961/

Does this work?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153855527761703.1073741876.652961702&type=1&l=073140a90e

We just returned from our second trip with an annual Star Card and we have so many pictures!

upload_2016-2-13_20-53-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-13_20-53-27.png
    upload_2016-2-13_20-53-27.png
    393 KB · Views: 2
I ended up getting a refund on mine. Poor quality pictures, everything on one card missing. Had a couple of ride photos but nothing worth printing.
I don't rate a lot of the photopass togs either

Tiny Photo Connect complaint -The only thing that really bothers me is that for the Photo Connect Pass, you have to use all 3 days in a row. Well, we like to take rest days so I'd only get to use it for 2 days (park, rest, park). It just seems odd to me that if I pay for 3 days, why can't I use it for 3 days? Ah well. I really like getting the Photo Connect but wish I could get a tad more for my money with that 3rd day. Doesn't stop me from buying it :P Though it's hard to justify this time at $90. It was $50 last 2 times I bought one. I must have gotten the pass at just the right time for that price.

Thank you, so much, for sharing your photos! It was super fun to look through them. I cannot believe how big that Lard Lad Donut is.

I know, right?! She ate about a third of it, and the rest of it ended up being thrown away but she just had to have it. At least it made for some fun photos! :)

Does anyone know how often they offer sales on photoconnect star card? I got a Black Friday package for 5 days and redeemed during our January trip. I'm going again this May 2016 and am looking to purchase the 3 day package. Just wondering if I might be able to get it less than the $90 price.

We did it last year for our Christmas trip and got a lot of photos. We even had a photographer stop us to take photos with members from the Macy's parade. We are heading back tomorrow and decided to do it again. Hoping we won't be disappointed this time.

I've also always found PhotoConnect to be well worth the expense. We've also found that the roaming photographers will, upon request, follow you pretty much anywhere in the park.... We had some really fun photos taken in Springfield, for example, because we simply asked a photographer to go there with us! :-)

Our first day at the parks a Photog found us by the Knight Bus and was like 'Follow me!' and took us all over Springfield taking pictures. It was so much fun and so unexpected. He must have spent a good twenty minutes with us, and then gave us some advice about other places to get photos, etc.

So, just to clarify. From the what the OP said, can I get a card and try to get photos taken then decide later if I want to purchase Photo Connect? I'm thinking I would like to get it. But, I would like to see if we are going to get enough pictures to justify the expense.

So, just to clarify. From the what the OP said, can I get a card and try to get photos taken then decide later if I want to purchase Photo Connect? I'm thinking I would like to get it. But, I would like to see if we are going to get enough pictures to justify the expense.

When you get you're picture at meet and greets or at a roaming photographer you should get a card you can use for the rest of the day. When I was there, they were also readily handing out cards at the HP rides. Just remember, you'll need to decide before the end of your first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter