Wait this isn't the way to WDW!!

ladylyons

Wishing I was closer to Disneyland
This trip was supposed to be a big trip for my DH and mine’s 10th Wedding anniversary (Paris, Greece, a Cruise on the Mediterranean, Europe, etc). We went to WDW for our 5th so wanted go bigger for out 10th.

Instead an adorable baby boy joined our family on June 18, 2014.
Welcome Baby Jeffrey Aaron Jr.

So we decided hey let’s go back to WDW and drive (since flying as a family of 6 was out of the budget!!!) After numerous months of planning, hotel booked, dining reservations made, FP+ made, etc we decided to visit my parent’s in Oregon (a mere 6 hour drive one way). Let’s just say the drive up was awesome!!!! All the kids did great but the drive home was fine until the LAST 2 HOURS!!!!!!!! Baby Jeffrey (3 months old at the time) was DONE with his car seat and no matter what we did he was not a happy baby!!! So our plans changed!!! Let’s go back to DISNEYLAND!!!! We know both those parks like the back of our hands, the hotel we stay at is within walking distance and it’s only a 6 ½ hour drive instead off a 2+ day drive!!!!

Before I get any farther ahead let me introduce my crazy family.

First up is me, I’m Sandra. I’m a stay at home mom to my 4 kiddos, Jeremy – 7, Sarah – 6, James – 4 and Baby Jeffrey – 9 months. I’m the Disney lover in our family and I’m raising my kids to love Disney just as much as I do. My favorite rides would have to be any that I can ride with my kids! I actually have 2 favorite characters and they are Mickey and Cinderella.

Next up is Jeremy. He is 7. He is also a huge fan of anything Disney. His favorite character is Captain Hook and his favorite ride is the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness aka Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Then there is my 6 year old Princess Sarah. She is the princess lover in the family. Now don’t get me wrong both my husband and I don’t mind seeing the Princess’ but my daughter goes absolutely crazy when she gets to see them. Her favorite character of course is Princess Belle and her favorite ride is It’s a Small World.

(On Mary Poppins horse at Disneyland.)

Now there is my 4 year old little boy James. His favorite characters would be Pooh and Mickey. He loves the Winnie the Pooh ride and It’s a Small World.

Then there is my DH Jeff. He isn’t as much of a Disney Lover as I am but knows he’s got to keep mommy happy so he gives into my obsession and he loves to spend the time with our kids. His favorite rides would be Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain.

[/URL
]
Last but not least is our newest addition Jeffrey Jr!!! This trip to Disneyland was his 1ST TRIP!!!! He was 3 months old and just went with the flow. He enjoyed the characters, enjoyed the rides, and just over all got to be in Disneyland with his family!!

[URL=http://s644.photobucket.com/user/ladylyons00/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140925_144110_zps9qjjoleh.jpg.html]

So there you have it. My crazy Disney Family. Since DH’s and my first trip together we’ve been to Disneyland 19 times (counting this trip), WDW once and Disneyland Paris once. My kids have been very lucky (and spoiled) with being able to go at least once every year since they were 5 weeks old (Jeremy) or 3 months old (Sarah and James). So on with our fun filled trip to Walt Disney Wor….. Oh wait I mean DISNEYLAND!!!!!

Joining in Sandra. I love the intros and can't wait to hear all about it.

Hey we're getting a party going here. Of course I am supposed to be writing but I am procrastinating. I don't have to do this but I am trying to write 50,000 words in the month of November.:rolleyes1

Great start!!

:moped:

Thanks!! More coming soon!

I'm in! Nice intro.

HI!!! Thanks!! Next part coming right up!

It's amazing that you know this so far in advance :rotfl2::lmao: Sorry I joke! :goodvibes

Joining in. Great introductions

lol That's what I get for trying to start this when my older 3 were playing a game and then started fighting because my 4 year old was cheating. It should have said January 18, 2014!! I'll have to fix that. More coming up!!

Hey we're getting a party going here. Of course I am supposed to be writing but I am procrastinating. I don't have to do this but I am trying to write 50,000 words in the month of November.:rolleyes1

Good luck!! I know a couple people who are trying to do that!! I figure this can be my way of hitting 50,000 words this month. :rotfl2:

I have to share that this trip was supposed to be a trip to WDW but we decided at the last minute to change it to Disneyland just because my sanity was worth more than a cross country trip (we’re now hoping to make the cross country trip in a couple years when Baby Jeffrey is a few years old and a little easier to entertain.) When we decided to change this trip to Disneyland I talked to my parent’s about meeting us in Anaheim for the beginning of our trip because they were going to be in Las Vegas which is only about a 4 hour drive to Anaheim plus Jeremy and James really wanted Grandpa to come to Disneyland with us. The last time my dad went to Disneyland I was pregnant with Jeremy so it was December 2006 (7 weeks before Jeremy was born). My mom has gone on a couple trips with us including one where it was just me, the kids and her (DH stayed home and worked since he had the opportunity to work overtime which was worth a whole lot more than a Disneyland trip at the time). So let me introduce my parent’s.

First there is my mom, Teresa. She absolutely LOVES to spend time with all of her grandkids (she has 16 of them!!) Her favorite characters have always been Eeyore and Flower (from Bambi). Her favorite rides are any that she can ride with her grandkids.

Then there is my dad, Al. He enjoys spending time with his grandkids too but Disney just isn’t his thing. His favorite character is Grumpy and I think his favorite ride ended up being Radiator Springs Racers!!! He got James to go on it with him for the first time this trip and they both loved it!!!! (James and Grandpa have a special relationship so my dad was very happy to experience this ride with him for the first time.)

We actually surprised the kids with Grandma and Grandpa joining us. As I said before the kids kept wanting Grandpa to join us on a trip but my dad just isn’t a huge Disney fan. (I know the horror!!! :scared1: How did he raise a Disney loving daughter and not like it himself!!) So I told the kids if they want Grandpa to come they needed to ask him because me asking him just wasn’t working. It was so cute when they all talked to him and asked him to come. How could anyone say no to the three of them asking him to come and sharing which rides they wanted to ride with him!! After a couple days my mom sent me a message on facebook say “Your dad said YES!! We’re going to Disneyland!!!” So they joined us for the first few days of our trip. So the day before we left my parent’s called the kids and told them they were coming to Disneyland!! The kids were sooooo excited and couldn’t wait to see them and share one of their favorite places with their Grandparent’s!

Next up the drive down and our first day!

Good luck!! I know a couple people who are trying to do that!! I figure this can be my way of hitting 50,000 words this month. :rotfl2:

If I'm not good I'll do it here too! I am staying away from my blog even. That will be the hard one because I use that as my outlet.

Oh! You're good! Have the kids ask. Nothing like a little guilt to help get a grandparent to do something.:rotfl:

lol That's what I get for trying to start this when my older 3 were playing a game and then started fighting because my 4 year old was cheating. It should have said January 18, 2014!! I'll have to fix that. More coming up!!
I thought it was funny :thumbsup2

Our drive down was pretty uneventful. We stopped once to feed the baby and take the kids potty. I think we ate lunch at a Black Angus (can’t remember where now because we took a round about way to get to Anaheim due to traffic on the other freeways). We got checked to Anaheim probably around 2 pm. We stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel and while they need to be updated the rooms are big and clean. We met up with my parent’s around 6 pm at Tony Roma’s to eat dinner and the kids couldn’t have been happier to see them!! My parent’s actually arrived the day before us so they had already spent the day at both Disneyland and California Adventure. They were only going to be spending two days with us at the actual parks. They enjoyed telling the kids what they had already rode and asked which one’s the kids wanted to ride with them. James kept telling Grandpa that he wanted to ride Winnie the Pooh with him and Sarah wanted to ride It’s a Small World with them. Jeremy just wanted to ride everything!! He couldn’t make up his mind.

After dinner we all went back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the next day. The kids ended up going back to their grandparent’s room and watched the fireworks from their balcony and we watched them with the baby from our little back yard area. It was a nice relaxing night.

Our first day we headed to Disneyland!! The kids couldn’t wait to see their grandparent’s again!! We actually got their before them and ended up meeting my mom while we were in line for Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. Our plan was to ride Peter Pan first since the kids were dressed as our favorite characters from Neverland but unfortunately it wasn’t running first thing this morning (we never did make it on this trip.  ) After Toad we rode Dumbo, the Carousel, Pinocchio, Snow White, Casey Jr’s train and of course the Matterhorn!! We had a very successful morning.

We then had breakfast plans with Minnie and friends!! I had planned this breakfast to see one character we’ve never seen anywhere else….. CAPTAIN HOOK!!! Jeremy is a huge Captain Hook fan so I had to get a picture of him and Captain Hook together! So we check into our breakfast and get seated at our table. We all get food and then the characters start arriving!!

Someone got sleepy waiting to meet everyone.

This next set is of who we saw. I can’t remember the order now but we did have a great time meeting everyone!!

Jeremy waiting to meet his twin.

Pooh!

Suzy (First time we’ve ever met her.)

Minnie

Eeyore

Tigger

Grandma with Eeyore

was one of my favorite interactions of the trip!!! I wish I had more pictures but we were really bad about taking pictures (we were more in the moment of enjoying our time than taking pictures.) Captain Hook first saw James (Peter Pan) and shook his hook at him. Then he saw Jeremy (Captain Hook) and gave him a thumbs up. You could just tell he was thrilled to see him!

James kept poking Captain Hook with his sword so he took it from him.

Dale

Ok now we have full bellies and met some friends!! Where to next?

If I'm not good I'll do it here too! I am staying away from my blog even. That will be the hard one because I use that as my outlet.

Oh! You're good! Have the kids ask. Nothing like a little guilt to help get a grandparent to do something.:rotfl:

I'm not much of a writer so I figure this is as good a place as any.

Yep a little guilt does help get what we want!! :rotfl2:

I thought it was funny :thumbsup2

Don't worry I did too!! :lmao:

Great pictures from the breakfast. I love how Hook took your DS's sword away. He doesn't look to impressed :lmao:

I was beginning to wonder if Captain Hook was going to show up! pirate: But, then he did! :banana: How wonderful! I bet he doesn't see many little guys dressed like him.

Great pictures from the breakfast. I love how Hook took your DS's sword away. He doesn't look to impressed :lmao:

Thanks! Yeah it was an awesome interaction!! Hook was so not happy with James!! But we all thought it was hilarious! :rotfl2:

I was beginning to wonder if Captain Hook was going to show up! pirate: But, then he did! :banana: How wonderful! I bet he doesn't see many little guys dressed like him.

Of course he did!! That's one of the main reasons we do the Minnie and Friends breakfast is to see him and other characters we normally wouldn't see. In the past we've seen Rafikki, Max, and the Fairy Godmother. I know there are other's just can't remember who now

After breakfast we headed to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters! This is always a family favorite and DH and I always get a little competitive! I don’t know our scores but I know DH beat us all!! Lol While we were in line here we walked right by the meet and greet line for Tinkerbelle since they run side by side for a little bit. All of a sudden a CM pokes his head through the grass and goes “I thought I smelled a Cod Fish!!” We all started laughing and Jeremy turned red. I think he was a little embarrassed.

And since we were right there and the line wasn’t very long we decided to go see another friend from Neverland!! TINKERBELLE!!

First up was Rosette. She loved their costumes! She of course was a little leery of Captain Hook because he’s not always a good guy.

Next up was Tinkerbelle!! She loved them too!! She too was leery of Captain Hook. But the best part was when she saw James!! He didn’t want to go up to her so she started chasing him calling “Peter, come back! Peter please come back!” He was laughing the whole time!!

Up next where do we go now?

Sandra,
I have been waiting to hear how your trip went! But, since I can't even write a trip report with only one kid, I wasn't going to push for someone raising 4 to do it.
I love that your parents will join you for trips. My Mom wanted to go to Disney with us, so came over our July 4th trip. She enjoyed it, but complained about the heat quite a bit. She lives out in Rio Vista, so you would think she is used to heat! We also "took" my Dad to WDW a few years ago (we wanted him for his military tickets:)" and after he said he never had to do Disney again. But he is in his 80s, and took us every few years growing up, so I can't fault him.

Love the costumes on that first day. Some of the photos are showing up for me, but Hook taking the sword sounds hilarious. What great interactions you are gettng.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter