Wait the Blizzard wasn't in my plans! A January 2016 TR. Updated 4/20 Day 4 Animal Kingdom

Okay I have got the first half of the day edited, until lunch time or so. Since that is enough materiel for at least 2 posts, I will get up a new post in a few minutes. Also I just posted my first dining review of Be Our Guest Breakfast on my dining report.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom, Part 1: We have to get up how early?
January 14, 2016

When making ADRs I had heard great things about BoG, so I had gotten us a pre-park opening ADR for Be Our Guest. This meant however we needed to be at the bus stop by 6:40 or so to catch the bus to Magic Kingdom. This was the only day we actually used Disney Transportation and I have to say it went well and we really enjoyed it. After waking around 5:45 and starting to get things ready, attriel got up around 6 as did minion 1. We let minions 2 and 3 sleep as long as possible. After the rest of us were dressed we woke up minion 2 and 3 to finish getting them dressed. We had brought the baby carrier with us, in case we needed it and this morning was a good morning to put minion 3 in it. We had also left the stroller in the car the night before so on our way out of the room around 6:35 we stopped at the car to get it.

We then headed to the bus stop, which was only a short distance from our room. I really liked that the bus station was so close, it was a nice benefit of CBR. We were the only ones foolish enough to be there. The new boards were up and working. Not much was running yet when we got there. When we got on the bus info about Epcot and Hollywood studio buses was also on the board.
bus_info.jpg

Everyone was more or less half awake and not to happy about it.
kids_bus_stop.jpg

sully_bus_stop.jpg

The bus came right when expected and there was only one other person on it. We were the second to last stop and after stopping at one more area of CBR we were off with just us and the one other person to Magic Kingdom for our first day there. We got there along with a couple of other buses from other resorts and they hadn't yet opened bag check. They opened it as the small crowd arrived and we quickly went through. I was pulled over to walk their the metal detector, which took an extra 2 seconds and then we got in another line to wait to be able to get into the park. This was when attriel started with his, "Disney, where you wait in lines to wait in lines." To be fair we did end up waiting in 3 different lines to end up in the park. The line for security, the line to use our tickets and once they finally let us through that line, the line to get into the park. They held up at the entrance on the left, because they were taking down Christmas decorations and had trucks out on main street. Once the trucks had been moved they left us through. It was around 7:45 at this point.

Of course the first thing minion 1 has to do when we enter the park? Go to the bathroom. So attriel went with him and minion 3 and minion 2 and I hung out and I took a picture of her in front of the castle.
Eloise_start_of_day_castle.jpg

Once everyone was ready we headed back to Beast's castle for our breakfast. Everyone enjoyed the breakfast and Beast's castle.
smilings_youngers.jpg

desmond.jpg

heading_out.jpg

We got into the line along with others from BoG for mine train. Around 8:45 they let us in through the FP+ lane. This may have been my favorite benefit of BoG. We were soon on our first ride at Magic Kingdom, 7 dwarfs mine train. Minion 1 loved the fact that he was old enough to ride alone. He used this fact a lot this day.
mine_train_1st_ride.jpg

mine_train_1st_ride2.jpg

We got our one ride in and minion 2 declared it her favorite ride so far. We then headed over to Peter Pan which had a 10 minutes stand by line so we got into line. The new queue is very cute. The kids really enjoyed the interactive pieces in it, especially the shadow wall. Our wait was probably closer to 15 minutes then 10, but it was still much better then what the queue normally ends up being.

peter_pan_pic.jpg

peter_pan.jpg

The kids all enjoyed Peter Pan and since we were there we decided to head to It's a Small World, since it is a classic.
small_world_boys.jpg

small_world_e.jpg

small_world_quihote.jpg

Everyone enjoyed the ride, but as we got off the ride we discovered we had a problem...

following along,
so excited to read about your trip. We head there in a few weeks. So excited to see how you've dressed the kids weather wise I've never gone at this time of year.
Thanks so much for the trip report so far and can't wait for the conclusion to the cliff hanger here....

WHAT WHAT WHAT! What is this sorcery?!

This was when attriel started with his, "Disney, where you wait in lines to wait in lines."
:rotfl: Sorry, but sometimes it's TRUE!

Cute cute cute!

I love this! What a great photo!

We then headed over to Peter Pan which had a 10 minutes stand by line so we got into line. The new queue is very cute. The kids really enjoyed the interactive pieces in it, especially the shadow wall. Our wait was probably closer to 15 minutes then 10, but it was still much better then what the queue normally ends up being.
NICE! That's a NOTHING to wait for Peter Pan! Good planning, you!

Everyone enjoyed the ride, but as we got off the ride we discovered we had a problem...
UH OH! Dun dun dun.... :scared:

Uh-oh...........

Yep...

following along,
so excited to read about your trip. We head there in a few weeks. So excited to see how you've dressed the kids weather wise I've never gone at this time of year.
Thanks so much for the trip report so far and can't wait for the conclusion to the cliff hanger here....

We did a lot of long sleeve shirts under short sleeve shirts so when it got warm enough the kids could remove the long sleeve shirt and be comfortable. Except the couple of insanely cold days, where we shivered.

WHAT WHAT WHAT! What is this sorcery?!

:rotfl: Sorry, but sometimes it's TRUE!

Cute cute cute!

I love this! What a great photo!

NICE! That's a NOTHING to wait for Peter Pan! Good planning, you!

UH OH! Dun dun dun.... :scared:

Oh the lines to wait in line is completely true.

It was an awesome Peter Pan wait, we totally did it again too.

Yep dun dun dun...

Day 3: Magic Kingdom, Part 2: It's a Small World ate my pants?
January 14, 2016

As we unload from our journey on It's a Small World, I notice something. A giant tear in the crotch of minion 1's pants. That wasn't there when we got on the ride. This causes the boy to tell me, "That ride tore my pants! I am not going on it again." It also led to us on a search for a new pair of pant. I had been smart, I had packed an extra outfit, one outfit, that would fit either minion 2 or 3. I wasn't expecting minion 1 to tear his pants! So while it is super easy to find girl clothes of all shapes and sizes at Disney, everywhere, do you know what is close to impossible to find? Pants for boys who are no longer in baby or toddler sizes. We are in Fantasyland so we start there, nope at the first store we enter (the exit from the Elsa and Anna meet), try the store at the end of Philharmagic, they have boy stuff. Nope. No pants there, she has no real clue either, but someone else had just come in to find some too. We are starting to think that someone is going to have to spend an hour + going back to the room to get the boy pants at this point. Attriel goes to check another store by Haunted Mansion maybe? while I take the minions to Main Street to check there. I see the Sports something label of the Emporium, right next to Casey's. I figure it is probably our best bet. I ask, and they tell me, "We only have sweat pants." Great perfect, he's an 8 year old boy, sweat pants work fine. I find a pair, pay a ridiculous amount on a pair of pants, they are nice pants at least, and he heads into the changing room to change into his new pants without a giant tear in the crotch. Yay crisis adverted as well as no need for some portion of people to waste time heading back to the hotel to get new pants.

Attriel had caught up with us, he got there right after I bought the pants. Since we're all here let's get some castle shots since there were no photopass photographers here when we got in. You can see minion 1's new Disney pants.
castle_after_pants.jpg

And a magic shot. Minion 3, was apparently not that interested. Actually minion 2 fails in the shock face too.
castle_after_pants_magic_shot.jpg

We really wanted to do Buzz so we headed to tomorrow land for Buzz. I knew this would be closed after our second scheduled day at Magic Kingdom, so it was high on our list to do today. We got on and minion 1 got to do a car all by himself again, he loved being old enough to do that.

Minion 3 kind of was hidden in the ride photo.
buzz_ride_dan_ands.jpg

As was minion 2
buzz_ride_me_ande.jpg

Minion 1 however had no issues since he was in the middle of his car.
des_buzz_ride1.jpg

I totally beat minion 2, yeah it wasn't a fair battle. Attriel beat me though. Once we got off we did the required Zurg shot.
zurg.jpg

We then noted that Buzz was out for character meets so headed over to his line. After a short line we got to meet Buzz.
buzz.jpg

buzz_kiss.jpg

Our first character of the day. It would not be the last. At this point minion 3 declared he was hungry. I had brought granola bars in my bag so he had a quick snack. I think the other two were exploring. We thought about another Buzz ride, but the line was up to about 25 minutes and we didn't feel like waiting.
hungry_boy_granola.jpg

Since we were here we headed over to people mover since who doesn't love people mover?
people_mover.jpg

We weren't planning on Space Mountain today since only minion 1 was tall enough and we figured we'd hit dumbo later so no need for astro orbiters either. I did think about the laugh floor, but it wasn't a huge wish so we headed back to fantasy land instead. We skipped the speedway, and saw the teacup. They had a 5 minute wait so teacups it was! The girl child went with me and the boys with attriel.
teacup_e.jpg

After we were done the boys decided they wanted a second ride. Minion 2 wasn't interested so we just sat and waited. At this point it was 11:30, we had gotten a bunch done and the kids were having fun. We were right at Winnie the Pooh ride and the Pooh and Tigger meet. We looked at the ride, the line was 25 or 35 minutes long and we didn't feel like waiting so we decided to do the meet and greet. It was probably just as long if not longer then the ride wait. Oops.

winnie_line.jpg

winnie_hug_e.jpg

winnie_tigger_kids.jpg

After we met the characters we decided we still didn't want to wait in line for the ride, we figured we'd get to it later that day or on one of our other Magic Kingdom days. It was however time for our 7 dwarf fastpasses. It was actually towards the end of the time for them which worked out well for us. We headed into the FP+ lane and we were quickly on a mine ride again.

mine_train_2nd_ride.jpg

mine_train_2nd_ride2.jpg

After our second ride of the day on the mine train we headed to the carousel. We weren't waiting in a 75 minute line to ride it again, it was fun, but very few things are a 75 minute wait fun.
caro_des.jpg

caro_e.jpg

After a thrilling ride on the carousel we headed to our next FP+ of the day Belle's Enchanted Tales. Now to start off I was not sure what to expect for this. It hadn't been there last time we went and even if it had been it won't have been something we did with a 2 1/2 year old and 5 month old. I read about it and figured the kids would enjoy it this time so I had gotten a FP+ for it figuring it worked well for our first day especially after eating at Beast's Castle. This ended up as one of the kids favorite things to do. The next thing to note is Minion 1 does theatre and is quite happy to act in front of everyone, also he has an awesome roar.

So we headed through the FP+ entrance and we were quickly led into the room where the magic mirror opens. Everyone filed through and the kids got in the front. Minion 3 didn't want to stand in front and ended up making attriel carry him. He also decided he didn't want a part. The other two wanted a part. Minion 1 roared loud and proud and was quickly chosen for the Beast. Minion 2 hopped well and ended up as Mrs. Potts. Into the story area we headed. The kids loved this. They had a blast. Minion 3 sat with us but was quite happy to watch the show with all the other kids in it.

belle_e_mrspotts.jpg

belle_e_mrspotts_pour.jpg

I love the following 2 pictures.
belle_des_ready.jpg

belle_des_jump.jpg

belle_des_dance.jpg

belle_des_dance2.jpg

And then the story was over and the meet with Belle and bookmark piece began. They let all the kids get their picture taken even if they didn't preform and minion 3 did want his picture taken too.
belle_des.jpg

belle_elo.jpg

belle_sully.jpg

belle_group.jpg

They all had a blast with Belle and she was a great Belle and super interactive. She acted like she wanted to be there and was very responsive to the kids.

Once we were done it was around 1 and all the kids were hungry. We had a surprise lunch scheduled at 2:20, so we didn't want to get a lot of food, but we didn't want to starve the kids either. Hmm what to do...

I am thoroughly enjoying your report! I know what you mean about finding boys pants-we had a situation at Disneyland where my son, who was about 6 or 7 at the time got sooo soaked his pants were practically falling off him and they were rubbing on his little legs. I knew we had to change him but it was almost impossible to find anywhere selling boys pants! We eventually did but it was hard. So glad you were able to find some!

As we unload from our journey on It's a Small World, I notice something. A giant tear in the crotch of minion 1's pants.
:eek:

I find a pair, pay a ridiculous amount on a pair of pants, they are nice pants at least
Well, at least there is that!

Minion 1 however had no issues since he was in the middle of his car.
des_buzz_ride1.jpg
Oh he's just having big fun isn't he? lol.

Look at that sly face! :rotfl: Too cute!!!!:thumbsup2

That is such an awesome memory, for them to be in the show!!

Yikes, sorry about the ripped pants, glad you were able to find him a replacement pair (never thought about it but I guess it would be harder to find boys clothes at Disney. Doesn't seem fair!)

I'm a little late, but I'm following along now! You actually got to Disney on the day we left!

Some of your Photopass pictures turned out fantastic! I love the one of your boy playing the Beast and sneaking up behind Belle! He looks so happy! Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

I never ended up editing this weekend. I am going to work on it today. I need to go through the photopass page and make sure all my edits are done, since I am going to order the backup dvd, and my time on pictures is coming up soon. I can't believe the trip started over a month ago now!

I am thoroughly enjoying your report! I know what you mean about finding boys pants-we had a situation at Disneyland where my son, who was about 6 or 7 at the time got sooo soaked his pants were practically falling off him and they were rubbing on his little legs. I knew we had to change him but it was almost impossible to find anywhere selling boys pants! We eventually did but it was hard. So glad you were able to find some!

Thanks.

Yep the pants were a pain to find, we are pretty sure we found the only place in Magic Kingdom that sold them. I could have found a dozen things for minion 2 though.

See? All's well that ends well! The pants debacle lead you to this absolutely perfect photograph! :cutie:

It really did. I am glad we got that picture in front of the castle, since we never remembered to the rest of the day.

Oh my goodness, your poor littles! They can't even see over the gun, you weren't kidding! :rotfl: That is soooo cute!

Told you so. The poor kids kept getting blocked by the guns.

I love that he's using both guns. Because why not? :laughing:

Exactly, if you have 2 guns you might as well use them.

All the pics from the showed turned out GREAT! I love this one best though, I think!
Yeah we got great pictures from the show.

:eek:

Well, at least there is that!

Yep, pants who knew they would be so hard to find at Disney.

Oh he's just having big fun isn't he? lol.

He really was.

Look at that sly face! :rotfl: Too cute!!!!:thumbsup2
Yep, he loved being Beast. One of his favorite parts of the trip.

That is such an awesome memory, for them to be in the show!!

Yikes, sorry about the ripped pants, glad you were able to find him a replacement pair (never thought about it but I guess it would be harder to find boys clothes at Disney. Doesn't seem fair!)

The show was great, they both loved being in it. The whole pants thing was annoying, you would think they would at least have a few places selling them, we can't be the only people to have a pants emergency.

I'm a little late, but I'm following along now! You actually got to Disney on the day we left!

Some of your Photopass pictures turned out fantastic! I love the one of your boy playing the Beast and sneaking up behind Belle! He looks so happy! Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

Thanks, and cool that we were almost there at the same time.

He loves sneaking up as Beast.

On that note, I have finally finished editing pictures to finish our first Magic Kingdom Day. I am working on the post now.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom, Part 3: Princess Time!
January 14, 2016

sully_rock_after_belle.jpg

So after finishing with Belle the kids were hungry. It was around 1 so we still had time until lunch so we decided to get a snack. We stopped at Storybook Treats because it was right there. I tried to talk the kids into sharing sundaes but the boys weren't interested. They both got ice cream cones. Minion 1 got chocolate and minion 3 got swirled. Minion 2 went with the strawberry sundae, and we also got a large root beer. Everyone enjoyed their treat. They were huge, if we had realized quite how big they were we might have gone for fries since we did have a lunch reservation coming up.

ice_cream_elo.jpg

ice_cream_sul.jpg

ice_cream_des.jpg

We then figured out we were right where the Step Sister met and since we were already there we got in line when they came out shortly after our snack was finished.

The photopass person took some pictures while they were waiting for their turn which turns out great.

mice_waiting.jpg

mice_waiting_e.jpg

Then we saw the stepsisters. I loved their interactions here. They had a good time and the stepsisters were great.
step_sisters.jpg

We saw the Stepsister on a couple of other days even with Lady Tremaine, but never stopped. I am really glad we did do it even without Lady Tremaine since I hear this meet may be going away.

After we were done, Sully wanted to sit, but we still had a bit until lunch so attriel took the other two on the carousel. After that I let them know where we were heading for lunch. Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle! Minion 2 put on a princess dress and we headed over a bit early, but we didn't have time to really do anything else. We got checked in about 10 minutes later and got our picture taken.

cinderella.jpg

We then sat for a few minutes before heading up for lunch. Our waiter was Carl, he was good and it was very nice to get to sit down for awhile. The food was good. It was better then I had been expecting. Minion 2 was not happy with her turkey pot pie so Carl brought her out nuggets like the boys which she was much happier with. A full review will be posted on my dining report later today. We really liked CRT and do plan to go back again. The kids also loved the wishing star part.

wishing_star_sully.jpg

wishing_star_elders.jpg

Minion 1 started his kissing all the princess and other characters cheek thing at this point. He tried to give all characters a kiss, which was cute. We met Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine and Snow White.

ariel.jpg

ariel_hug.jpg

crt_jasmine.jpg

jasmine_kiss.jpg

aurora.jpg

snow_white.jpg

After we finished I took Minion 2 to the Rapunzel rest room, since she wanted to see it and attriel took the other two to the rest room in the restaurant. We then met up and made plans until our last FP+ of the day.

I will leave it there, since we are heading to my FIL's for the afternoon. I'll try to get the rest of the day up tomorrow or Tuesday.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom, Part 4: A Little Pixie Dust
January 14, 2016

We had just finished our meal and headed to the bathroom. I had given us about 2 hours for lunch before our last FP+ of the day. We were finished lunch in slightly over an hour if I remember right so we had time to spare before our last fast pass. The kids wants to do Philharmagic so we headed in. There was no wait other then the short wait to get into the theatre to see the show. They all enjoyed it. It was fun for me to watch minion 2 try to grab the gems and other things coming towards her.

philharmagic.jpg

After our visit with Donald and friends we still had some time left, Cinderella's mice were out so into the line we went to meet them.
mice_hug.jpg

mice_elo.jpg

mice_all.jpg

They all enjoyed meeting the mice. We decided to check on Gaston before we headed to our fastpass, but his line was long and the people getting into the line were getting into it for his 5pm appearance not the current appearance. Since we had our fastpass and it was already past the start time at this point. Minion 3 had also brought a costume for this fastpass, so he changed into his Olaf costume, we were on our way to visit Elsa and Anna! We headed in and were the last people in the group to be let into the room with Elsa and Anna.

a_e_olaf.jpg

a_e_des.jpg

a_e_eloise.jpg

a_e_sully.jpg

We headed over to Elsa and I noticed that they had closed the doors and the people in front of us were just finishing up with Anna.

a_e_elsa_kids.jpg

I needed a picture with Elsa too!
e_me.jpg

The kids moved onto Anna and I noticed we were the only ones in the room. My brain started going, are we about to get pixie dusted? Did our little Olaf pull off the ability to get a picture with both Anna and Elsa? Elsa hung out in her area as the kids got pictures with Anna.

a_hug.jpg

a_kids.jpg

And then Elsa came over and we got pictures with both Anna and Elsa!
a_e_kids.jpg

a_e_all.jpg

It was awesome and the kids loved it. We had a great visit with both the princess and the queen. I did realize later that I did not get a picture with just Olaf and Anna and Elsa, but we got the kid picture and the family pictures so it was awesome anyways. It was a great pixie dust moment, the photographer told attriel that they didn't do pictures together anymore, and a wonderful start to our trip, on our second park day.

After our pixie dust we headed out to the dump shop and minion 3 found something he wanted, since the kids all had their own money, he got it. It was a set with all the Frozen characters, and I have no clue where it is at this point. Minion 2 got a hand sanitizer with Elsa on it, whatever kid, it is your money. With toys and such bought we then headed out to our next plan for the day. I looked at the FP+ kiosks since our FP+ were done for the day but for some reason I didn't go over and get a new one, not sure why. Either way we headed back to Gaston and headed to his line, which wasn't that bad. The kids had fun with him and minion 1 and Gaston had a fight about who was better Gaston or Aladdin. Minion 1 insisted that Aladdin's flying carpet and Aladdin were better then Gaston. Gaston showed off his muscles and declared that he had won. Minion 2 had changed into her Belle dress for the meet, but Gaston didn't seem to notice. Oh well.

gaston.jpg

We then headed back towards the back part of Fantasyland. We got in line for the Little Mermaid ride, which the kids all enjoyed and then headed over to Dumbo. I really wanted to do Dumbo at least once while we were at Disney since it is a classic. There was no line so we quickly headed to our cars.

dumbo_des.jpg

dumbo_eloise.jpg

dumbo_selfie.jpg

dumbo_flying.jpg

dumbo_in_front.jpg

At this point it was 6ish. The younger 2 were done. We had headed out of the room at 6:30ish and been at the park since 7:15, and inside the park since 7:45 because of our early morning breakfast. They were done. Minion 1 was still ready to go on. So we split up, I took the younger two and we headed out. Attriel took minion 1 and they headed back to the park to have more fun.

The younger minions and I headed to the train station since it was right there and we quickly boarded a train to the front of the park.

train_out.jpg

Once we got to the front we headed out without getting any pictures, because they were just done. The walk to the bus stop felt long and my poor feet were dying. We made it though and even though the bus was pulling away it stopped and let us on. A couple of people in the back scooted over so we got seats and were heading back to the room. The kids decided against the food court for dinner and declared that bagels and cantaloupe in the room worked for them. So we just headed to the room. I fed them, we all relaxed a bit and they were in bed and asleep by 8:45 or so.

I'll finish up the day and minion 1's adventures in the next post.

Amazing Day! So many good meets, I LOVE that you got some Pixie Dust and met Anna & Elsa together! Also hand sanitizer... :rotfl2:Kids

Love the pants story too, typical, all girl clothes, or babies... i could see that being really frustrating!

LOVE all the pics bu the castle, the first one in the Belle Dress to cute!

I am going to try and stay up to speed now!

I think we met the same Snow White and Jasmine at CRT in Nov. :)

We met Lady Tremaine for the first time in Nov. too and she was great with the boys - the sisters were "having tea" at the time so they weren't meeting lol. I had wanted the boys to meet all 3 of them together but I'm so glad we did just Lady Tremaine now that she's leaving, which stinks :(

Buying the hand sanitizer is great :rotfl:Hey, it's something he can use unlike so many toys :thumbsup2

yay for pixie dust!

It was great, we had a few other minor pixie dust moments but this was the biggest and one of the most awesome ones.

Amazing Day! So many good meets, I LOVE that you got some Pixie Dust and met Anna & Elsa together! Also hand sanitizer... :rotfl2:Kids

Love the pants story too, typical, all girl clothes, or babies... i could see that being really frustrating!

LOVE all the pics bu the castle, the first one in the Belle Dress to cute!

I am going to try and stay up to speed now!

It was a great day of meets, which worked well, since once everyone else arrived our character meet ratio went way down, it was nice to get most of the must dos done in the first day or so.

I think we met the same Snow White and Jasmine at CRT in Nov. :)

We met Lady Tremaine for the first time in Nov. too and she was great with the boys - the sisters were "having tea" at the time so they weren't meeting lol. I had wanted the boys to meet all 3 of them together but I'm so glad we did just Lady Tremaine now that she's leaving, which stinks :(

Buying the hand sanitizer is great :rotfl:Hey, it's something he can use unlike so many toys :thumbsup2

Yeah I am sad the Tremaine and the sisters are leaving. We did see all 3 out together and the fairy godmother later in our trip, but none of the kids were interested in stopping by that point. At least we got the step sisters who were awesome.

Yeah the hand sanitizer was one of that, you want what? You want a $10 bottle of hand sanitizer, okay fine, it is your money, go for it kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter