Wait listed for 1st seating

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Skyw, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Skyw

Skyw DIS Veteran

Oct 8, 2006
    How long does it take to get 1st seating if you are wait listed? How about getting on the ship and requesting it?
  2. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

Jan 6, 2005
    Ours came thru a couple months before sailing. We were excited but then Animators was on the day we were going to Atlantis and we didn't want to do a sit down meal that night, so I went to change the rotation. They were really working hard to give everyone what they wanted. Some were there and got the early dining, so I would definitely go that route if you dont' get bumped up before your cruise date.
  3. BigJon

BigJon will work for Dole Whip

Oct 2, 2007
    We booked a 7 night Eastern cruise in October of last year. The Eastern cruise was in January. 1st seating was gone, so I was put on the wait list. When we boarded the cruise, we still didn't have 1st seating. I went to Rockin Bar D as soon as we boarded, and mentioned to them I wanted 1st seating. We were contacted about 3pm, and were told we had been moved to 1st seating. We sat with a couple from Ohio, and had a great time. I would imagine since it was just me and my wife, that made it easier for us to get moved to 1st seating. (just guessing?)